• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case it wasn't obvious I am done with XI and I think this time it's for good.

My account is still active so if anyone wants gil or my junk let me know in the next week and I will dbox it first chance I get.

Thanks for all the fun times to anyone I played with in the past and special thanks to Pan for all the help.

It's been a blast playing with you. Sad to see you go. If you just wanna unload stuff wherever you can dbox it to me and my mule. I'll be on late tonight and all night tomorrow, I'll make sure things get used for a good cause.

New adjustments for you midgame folks.

Matsui here.

Thanks for all the feedback.

In order to eliminate the situation where it is difficult to obtain low to mid-level equipment, we will be making adjustments in the November version update.
Treasure Casket adjustments
As one method to obtain low to mid-level equipment, there are Treasure Caskets that appear when defeating monsters in the field, but with the current balance of the game players are leveling quicker than the pace in which they are obtaining equipment, and we will be making adjustments to this.
The rate in which brown Treasure Caskets appear when defeating monsters will be increased.
Body equipment will be added and the overall appearance rate of equipment items will be increased when successfully opening the Treasure Casket.
Additionally, we will be making it easier to open caskets by increasing the unlocking attempts to 5-6 tried for all areas.
We’d like to balance this so that you can open Treasure Caskets while gaining experience points, level up, and naturally procure equipment as you move to the next area.
Adjustments to the spawn rates and drop rates for certain notorious monsters
We will be adjusting the spawn rates for notorious monsters that appear in original areas making it easier to encounter them.

Additionally, we will be adjusting the drop rates for the items these notorious monsters drop, and this will alleviate the difficulty obtaining equipment and quest items.
We’ve received a lot of feedback about adjusting NPC prices, but just as many of you have already pointed out, this could result in the mass production of materials through desynthesis and various other problems. Also, we feel that searching for the equipment you want is an important game element, and we would like to make adjustments so that you can easily obtain equipment through your own efforts.

If after we make adjustments there are still levels that have not been covered properly, we will look into having this equipment sold by NPCs.

New update details, translation courtesy of slycer on BG:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/11...-DISCUSSION)?p=5927859&viewfull=1#post5927859

Matsui: November Version Update Contents

Hello, it's Matsui.

This post is to inform you of the planned contents for the early November version update.

In the November version update, new Seekers of Adoulin missions and related areas, new Naakuals, Monstrosity PvP, new SP abilities, and the upgrades for Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons are scheduled to be introduced. The overall implementation plans are summarized in the table below, so please check it out.

Following the November version update, we've decided to do another version update in December. We will inform you a bit later about the contents of the December version update.

Additionally, from here on out we will be changing our version update policy. Starting with the December version update, rather than continuing with the previous procedure of an update once every three months or so, since this was considered to be a long time, we're thinking about reducing this to once a month so we can respond to feedback more quickly.

The new SP abilities that we have kept you waiting for will be introduced in November for all 22 jobs, including Geomancer and Rune Fencer. Since there has been a lot of feedback on this, I will make a separate post with more information. Right now the development team is working on finalizing all of the details, so please give me a bit more time to put that together.

This might be a little disappointing to some of you, but the higher level mission battlefields that we planned to implement in November will be postponed to December (the higher level seal battlefields are still targeted for November). There are a lot of items that we're focused on implementing in the November version update, so we had to prioritize those items while setting aside time for the necessary testing for the new battlefields.

I know everyone's been looking forward to this and I'm sorry that it didn't make the cut, but we will be using this extra time for adjustments to make these battlefields great content.

Please note that the other items that are currently planned for the November version update could potentially be postponed if any serious problems arise during testing.

Anyway, please enjoy the update and thanks for playing FFXI!

[[Everything below is scheduled to be added in November.]]

Missions / Quests
Seekers of Adoulin Missions
Addition of Chapter 3.
Relaxation of the conditions for participation in missions.
Seekers of Adoulin Quests
Addition of new quests in the city of Adoulin.
Addition of new quests in the new areas.
Survival Skills Quests
Addition of a new quest to acquire survival skills.
Addition of a new survival skill.
Coalition Assignments
Addition of coalition assignments corresponding to the new areas.
Mog Garden Quests
Addition of quests related to the Mog Garden.
Seasonal Events
Repeat Login Campaign
Addition of a mechanism to specify the number of items to exchange points for.
Adjustment of Inventory Expansion Quests
Relaxation of the quest conditions.
Adjustment of Magical Map Acquisition Quests
Review of quest rewards.
Changes to NPCs which sell magical maps.

Areas / Monsters
New Areas
Addition of new areas.
Addition of monsters and NPCs in new areas.
Addition of new Ergon Loci.
Addition of new gathering and fishing locations.
New Naakuals
Addition of new Wildskeeper Reive monsters.
New Monsters
Addition of new monster types in the new areas.
Adjustments to Certain NMs
Reducing respawn time and increasing item drop rate.

Content / System
Addition of Higher Level Seal Battlefields
Battles will be added for level 99 difficulty, along with new rewards.
Treasure Casket Adjustments
Increase in the probability of a brown treasure casket appearing.
Change all chests to allow 5-6 chances to unlock.
Addition of body equipment to chest rewards.
Celennia Memorial Library Adjustments
Addition of new achievements.
Additional Reive Functions
Addition of a system to review content level.
Skirmish Additions / Adjustments
Increase remaining time after using the Fenestral Key from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.
Additional Delve Functions
Additional Outpost Functions
Addition of a system to warp between outposts.

Reive-related
Addition of Wildskeeper Reives
New Wildskeeper Reives will be added for the new areas.
New equipment added.
Wildskeeper Reive Adjustments
Content level adjustment
Adjustment to entry requirements
Addition and adjustment of reward items
Adjust the effect of colonization rate on weakening
Addition of Colonization / Lair Reives
Colonization and Lair Reives added for the new areas.

Monstrosity
PvP System
Addition of Monster vs. Adventurer battles
Addition of Monster vs. Adventurer rewards
Battle balance adjustments
Addition of new sub-species
Adjustment of instincts
Adjustment of monster skills
Adjustment of elemental resistance
Adjustment of stats
Adjust the stats of some monsters to be influenced by their age.

Mog Garden
Additional Functions
Addition of a Porter Moogle
Addition of a mechanism to invite party members to your Mog Garden
Add new items to plant
Adjustment of UI
The default cursor position will be set to enter the Mog Garden when speaking to the entrance NPC.

Battle System-related
New SP Abilities
New SP abilities will be added for all 22 jobs.
Unlocking of Empyrean/Coin Weapon Dedicated Weapon Skills
Unlocking conditions will be added.
Blue Mage Adjustments
New Blue Magic spells will be added.
Adjustment of the "Tractor" Black Magic Spell
The Reive participation status will not be removed upon receiving Tractor while participating in Reives.

Item-related
Artifact Upgrades
Adjustment of performance
Addition of upgrade mechanism
Relic / Mythic / Empyrean Weapon Upgrades
Adjustment of performance
Addition of upgrade mechanism
Relax the Conditions to Create Coin Weapons
Addition of New Bayld Exchange Equipment
New equipment will be added between other item level 106 and 113 equipment.
Adjustment of Storable Items on Storage Slips
Addition of New Seals
These items will be required to participate in the new high level battlefields.
Adjustment of Seal Drop Rate
The availability of seals will be adjusted according to the number of party members.

UI-related
Adjustment of Item Help Text
Addition of "Magic Accuracy Skill +" to certain items

ZetaEpyon

Looks like a solid update overall. As always, the devil will be in the implementation details.

This made me laugh though:
Increase remaining time after using the Fenestral Key from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.

Was this really an issue for people? Hahaha

Loona

Interesting stuff, I wonder if it'll mean more wildskeeper shouts, I haven't seen one for Yorcia since I returned.

Also, the adjustments to NM pop times might make it simpler to get Black Tri Stars out of the way for The Miraculous DALE quest.

Looks like a solid update overall. As always, the devil will be in the implementation details.

This made me laugh though:

Was this really an issue for people? Hahaha

Yeah, it means if someone dcs or afks after a skirmish, items will drop before the time runs out, since drops only stay in the pool for 5 minutes..

ZetaEpyon

Starting with the December version update, rather than continuing with the previous procedure of an update once every three months or so, since this was considered to be a long time, we're thinking about reducing this to once a month so we can respond to feedback more quickly.

Also didn't comment on this earlier, but this is a good change, imo. More frequent updates, even if they're smaller in scope, will probably help keep things more fresh.

Loona

Also didn't comment on this earlier, but this is a good change, imo. More frequent updates, even if they're smaller in scope, will probably help keep things more fresh.

Hopefully it'll also encourage other small midgame changes that'd help convenience, like making the Nexus Cape work for every non-dungeon area in the game, and making so that the Eco Warriors quests aren't mutually exclusive or level-capped.
Or so that the Adoulin warps are compatible with the ones from Ru'lude Gardens, Selbina, Mhaura and Norg.

Leunam

Sorry forgot to mention that Im on Sylph

Updated the client tonight so I will probably log in over the next few nights to dump stuff.

You'll be missed. I won't have Internet at my new apartment until Tuesday so I may not see you before then. Thanks for helping me out and showing me the ropes.

isual

i'm not sure, but in GoV's if i'm 'too far from battle and didn't get exp'

i don't get x amount of kills as well to add to the training right ?

So if I pick this up, I can just get on the server most of you all play on, right? There used to be something that made that tricky.

And then this game's version of guild is the "linkshell"? I assume that allows the standard MMO stuff of worldwide chat, guild perks and all that?

Most of us are on Sylph.
Linkshells are guilds, and you can be in more than one, It's an actual item you equip. You can chat with anyone else who has it equipped at the time no matter where you are.

What the hell, that post disappeared.....

Jijidasu

I haven't been online for a couple of months but have had the tingling to jump back in for a bit now that I have spare time. I read that some of the weapons from the Delve bosses are EX only meaning they can be sold in bazaars? What price range is the Aphotic Dagger selling for? I really wanted one of those but could never go to Delve due to a lack of the 'right' job.

I haven't been online for a couple of months but have had the tingling to jump back in for a bit now that I have spare time. I read that some of the weapons from the Delve bosses are EX only meaning they can be sold in bazaars? What price range is the Aphotic Dagger selling for? I really wanted one of those but could never go to Delve due to a lack of the 'right' job.

Ex means you cannot trade or sell.
Rare means you can only hold one.

They removed the rare tag, allowing you to dual wield aphotic kukri for instance.

If you lack the "right" job, you can easily fix that. Certain jobs are more difficult to gain entry than others. Geomancer is a good support entry point, but make sure you put in the effort to skill up (time consuming) and at minimum get skirmish and AF gear (not hard), or you'll leave a bad impression and not be invited back.

DD's are harder to get in on, because people are looking for 119 weapons. Warrior will be expected to have a razorfury or ixtab, Monks are expected to already have Oatixurs, DRK is expected to have Senbaak. Some of these are easier to obtain than others, but if you want to get on those jobs for shouts, you should find a way to get plasm and a win on other jobs that people are not as strict on.

Other support options that are easier to get in on are Corsair (make sure you know how to do a buff rotation and have all the rolls), and occasionally RDM (capped enfeebling skill is a must).

Jijidasu

Ex means you cannot trade or sell.
Rare means you can only hold one.

They removed the rare tag, allowing you to dual wield aphotic kukri for instance.

If you lack the "right" job, you can easily fix that. Certain jobs are more difficult to gain entry than others. Geomancer is a good support entry point, but make sure you put in the effort to skill up (time consuming) and at minimum get skirmish and AF gear (not hard), or you'll leave a bad impression and not be invited back.

DD's are harder to get in on, because people are looking for 119 weapons. Warrior will be expected to have a razorfury or ixtab, Monks are expected to already have Oatixurs, DRK is expected to have Senbaak. Some of these are easier to obtain than others, but if you want to get on those jobs for shouts, you should find a way to get plasm and a win on other jobs that people are not as strict on.

Other support options that are easier to get in on are Corsair (make sure you know how to do a buff rotation and have all the rolls), and occasionally RDM (capped enfeebling skill is a must).

Right, got confused for a moment there. Thanks for the information, too.

I've always been put off GEO simply because I'd have to level WHM and other relevant subjobs to make it practical, and then buy all the scrolls, and then skill up.. lol.

I'll check it out when I get chance to log in this week!

Loona

What kind of gear should I get for GEO? I never play mages, so I don't have any mage gear.

they have quite a few nukes like BLM, which are generally affected by INT, so it's probably worth focusing on that stat - not that I've levelled GEO yet, so take that with a grain of salt.

What kind of gear should I get for GEO? I never play mages, so I don't have any mage gear.

Hagondes, AF, Weatherspoon to start.

You want the following sets:
Idle/PDT/Refresh (A bit of everything in one set, AF gloves will be fulltimed when not casting.)
Idle/Regen/Refresh (A running around set with movement speed+, regen, and refresh in it for when you're in between fights)
Fastcast/conserve mp (for casting those expensive geo and indi spells, and for enfeebles)
Nuking

AF has movement speed feet. Twilight torque and Hagondes make great pdt pieces, paguroidea and sheltered ring for a regen set.

Consider an upgrade to some bokwus gear for enfeebles (macc path) when you get some delve under your belt. Get a soothsayer staff or tamaxchi as soon as possible. AF weapon is good in the meantime.

B.K.

You want the following sets:
Idle/PDT/Refresh (A bit of everything in one set, AF gloves will be fulltimed when not casting.)
Idle/Regen/Refresh (A running around set with movement speed+, regen, and refresh in it for when you're in between fights)
Fastcast/conserve mp (for casting those expensive geo and indi spells, and for enfeebles)
Nuking

What items should I try to get for those sets?

What items should I try to get for those sets?

You should be able to start with the 3 sets i mentioned and replace individual pieces from there as you get better stuff. For nuking you want int and mab gear (maybe an accessory with conserve mp). So use the items from those 3 sets in the slots that make the most sense. Only get weatherspoon if Hagondes and AF don't serve the same function.

Seigyoku

In case it wasn't obvious I am done with XI and I think this time it's for good.

Thanks for all the fun times to anyone I played with in the past and special thanks to Pan for all the help.

I will miss you. :( You were key in my insane "Get all RSE in one window" day.

Also, the adjustments to NM pop times might make it simpler to get Black Tri Stars out of the way for The Miraculous DALE quest.

Black Tri Stars, and their tiny spawn window, and their TWO placeholder mobs... Grrr. Which tied into my ill-fated game marriage. Grrr.

It's going to be weird as hell seeing people in "AF1" again.

I. Hate. THF. And. BRD. AF1! OMG SO UGLY. I don't want to wear it!

And SE WHY YOU NO MAKE IT STORABLE FROM GET GOOOOOOO?

Forgot whining about stats, r/m/e upgrades and possible game breaking bugs. Why weren't they added to a slip?! *shiku shiku*

ZetaEpyon

And SE WHY YOU NO MAKE IT STORABLE FROM GET GOOOOOOO?

Forgot whining about stats, r/m/e upgrades and possible game breaking bugs. Why weren't they added to a slip?! *shiku shiku*

This is annoying as hell, and they do it EVERY TIME with seasonal events, too.

Leunam

- Celadon Yggzi I
- Celadon Yggzi II
- Celadon Yggzi III
- Zaffre Yggzi I
- Zaffre Yggzi II
- Zaffre Yggzi III
- Alizarin Yggzi I
- Alizarin Yggzi II
- Alizarin Yggzi III

Aren't these for Delve weapons?

creid

Yesterday I had finally saved up the 30k bayld for a Forefront Labrys. Went to buy it and found that it only cost 20k, a new Camaraderie Reaver was now 30k, and a lot better than the Labrys. It's really generic looking, but boy am I glad I waited.
Login campaign 5:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login05.html

+2 items are available this time for 200 points each. New seals are available for 100 points each.
Man, they're making it really easy to lazily upgrade Empyrean stuff.

I suggest anyone who is currently working on empyrean stuff with us on tuesdays take advantage of this to grab harder to acquire / farm items.

I recommend you specifically avoid buying the following drops:

Jewel of Ardor
Stone of Ardor
Coin of Ardor

These drop from both apademak and orthrus, which we will be spamming a lot of very very soon.

Given the availability of +2 items in these login campaigns, I'm probably going to expedite our return to empyrean weapon farming since everyone can so easily get this stuff now without any time expenditure.

Loona

Login campaign 5:

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login05.html

+2 items are available this time for 200 points each. New seals are available for 100 points each.

This is great - I haven't spent my points from the previous campaign yet, nor do I have any +2 gear, so these news let me plan ahead to get the Abyssea +Treasure Hunter piece for my Thf.

Speaking of stuff one can use points on, is it possible to hold 2 different skirmish simulacra key item at once for different places?

I have rank 1 Rala and Cirdas visages, and was thinking of using some of my points to complete the sets and store as KIs.
(Despite the recent extra inventory option, I still find myself struggling with inventory space...)

This is great - I haven't spent my points from the previous campaign yet, nor do I have any +2 gear, so these news let me plan ahead to get the Abyssea +Treasure Hunter piece for my Thf.

Speaking of stuff one can use points on, is it possible to hold 2 different skirmish simulacra key item at once for different places?

I have rank 1 Rala and Cirdas visages, and was thinking of using some of my points to complete the sets and store as KIs.
(Despite the recent extra inventory option, I still find myself struggling with inventory space...)

Spend your current login points now. Seals are a good investment. 500 points to complete an entire piece, you can finish almost 2 jobs if you have a full set of points.

Regarding skirmish, you can have one KI from each area. You can even disassemble them later at the NPC.

Skirmish similacrum are pretty common now. I wouldn't worry about hording them too much. Sellem now and buyem when you need them.

The way they're going, they'll probably add weapon upgrade items for campaign 6.

If they do it will probably be walk of echoes items.

On that note. My plans for the future once the current batch of empy weapons is 90 has been posted to guildwork. I'll repost here:

Because of the +2 drops being added to the login campaigns, we're going to finish up Durinn and Bukhis and then move back to weapon farming on Tuesdays. Coins, Jewels, and Stones of ardor will be incredibly common, so please do not buy those with the campaign. Once we finish those we can clean up loose ends and put abyssea behind us for a while.

Since Empyrean WS require voidwatch city clears, we'll be looking at lowmanning voidwatch after the outstanding empys are done.. In preparation for this, please work on capping your relevant skills, and getting any WSNM weapon skill unlocks you might be missing where applicable..

Having all available weapons skilled up will be extra important for DDs. Please also make sure you have relevant subjobs leveled etc.

If anyone wants to farm pops on their own for some outstanding item you need, please do so and let myself and other people know and we can find time to go kill it.

ZetaEpyon

Spend your current login points now. Seals are a good investment. 500 points to complete an entire piece, you can finish almost 2 jobs if you have a full set of points.

On top of this, don't forget to collect points on any mules that you have. While the Bonanza Kupons can't be sent to other characters on the same account, Empyrean armor seals can, so even a single mule can be a tremendous boost towards all that +1 armor.

On top of this, don't forget to collect points on any mules that you have. While the Bonanza Kupons can't be sent to other characters on the same account, Empyrean armor seals can, so even a single mule can be a tremendous boost towards all that +1 armor.

Yeah I might buy a 2nd mule this week actually :3

DigitalVeil

Neo Member
So how does the whole making a mule business work for this? Do I just buy another content ID, create the character and that's the end of that? Then I just dbox the items from the campaign over to my main? Considering making one or two for the sake of the campaign; not sure why I didn't think of this sooner.

So how does the whole making a mule business work for this? Do I just buy another content ID, create the character and that's the end of that? Then I just dbox the items from the campaign over to my main? Considering making one or two for the sake of the campaign; not sure why I didn't think of this sooner.

You have to "add options" on the SE account site to your FFXI account. New characters are one of them. Then you'll be able to create new guys when you log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom