• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI 2013 Seekers of Adoulin |OT| Go West, Young Adventurer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZetaEpyon

Possibly Saturday night but more than likely Sunday. Having no trouble getting logged on to get my login points and stash imprims, at least.

Loona

I'm getting tired of heading to Abyssea-Attohwa to try and get THF feet and failing.

I read you shoul start by raising your amber lights by about 80 or 90, then just focus on pearl so I usually start by killing a few treants and the occasional Ephemeral with elemental WSs, then move on to ghosts (which give no amber - dragons are tougher, though not by much, and in irregular terrain where it's easier to get surrounded; eft territory has a wandering NM).

During the current weeks we get a few lights pre-ready, so it seems that only amber is to be a concern - I'm thinking of starting with treants until 80ish amber, then move on to the squishier mandies - it doesn't take so long to kill them that chests depop while I'm handling links, as has happened with spuks and rift dragons...
Any suggested tactics/improvements?

I used to go as BLU to help build azure lights with magic killshots - I've since capped sword and blue magic skills, si considering taking my newly 99ed WAR and got for axe, parrying and shield skill-ups while I'm at it, with a sword for the treant amber kills.

I'm getting tired of heading to Abyssea-Attohwa to try and get THF feet and failing.

I read you shoul start by raising your amber lights by about 80 or 90, then just focus on pearl so I usually start by killing a few treants and the occasional Ephemeral with elemental WSs, then move on to ghosts (which give no amber - dragons are tougher, though not by much, and in irregular terrain where it's easier to get surrounded; eft territory has a wandering NM).

During the current weeks we get a few lights pre-ready, so it seems that only amber is to be a concern - I'm thinking of starting with treants until 80ish amber, then move on to the squishier mandies - it doesn't take so long to kill them that chests depop while I'm handling links, as has happened with spuks and rift dragons...
Any suggested tactics/improvements?

I used to go as BLU to help build azure lights with magic killshots - I've since capped sword and blue magic skills, si considering taking my newly 99ed WAR and got for axe, parrying and shield skill-ups while I'm at it, with a sword for the treant amber kills.

I think you have the right idea with switching to mandies. That's what I did personally. Just be aware that you'll need to make small pulls so the chests don't time out.

For warrior you'll want to make a pdt set, and you can AoE groups down with cataclysm / retaliation. I recommend subbing dnc, and using pdt/regen atma. If you continue to use cata on the mandies, you won't gain any additional lights elsewhere.

creid

I've got a quick question about skillups: my WAR is about 100 points away from capping Great Axe skill. Grabbed an ilevel ~110 Great Axe that boosts my Great Axe skill by a lot - is this going to make it easier or harder to skill up? Last time I tried skilling up on crabs in Abyssea, I could barely survive each 1 on 1 fight. Hoping all this bayld gear will make things more manageable.

ZetaEpyon

I've got a quick question about skillups: my WAR is about 100 points away from capping Great Axe skill. Grabbed an ilevel ~110 Great Axe that boosts my Great Axe skill by a lot - is this going to make it easier or harder to skill up? Last time I tried skilling up on crabs in Abyssea, I could barely survive each 1 on 1 fight. Hoping all this bayld gear will make things more manageable.

Unless I'm missing something, it should make it much, much easier. I don't think the +skill is taken into account when determining whether you get a skillup or not.

isual

I'm still trying to get the 3 jobs in aht urghan. I got owned last time by mobs outside of whitegate at level 75. Now that i'm 90; shouldn't be too hard.

+skill on weapons has no effect on skill ups.

Compare your level to the level of the monster. Easy prey to Even Match will yield the slowest skillups. Even Match and higher will skill up faster, but obviously be much more dangerous.

Apparently the Sacred Crests from the campaign are a mistranslation. It should be 50 not 25. This is subject to change of course, but that would potentially mean a whole ton of BCNM spamming possibilities. The GP might save more time if you're serious abotu crafting though.

ZetaEpyon

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/11231/detail.html

New reward campaign. It looks like a single redeemable code where you can get a neat old content trophy item (lol ridill) or some useful points or whatever. I'm heavily considering the guild points at the moment.

Btw don't even think about those sky items from this. I'm sitting on multiple pops for all the sky gods and will gladly pop them if you want one of those pieces.

Man, talk about a wide range of actual value between the things you can get...

Maybe we can do sky for an upcoming Tuesday (Before 90's but after Vunkerl)? Nothing will rot drop and we can spam the ever loving shit out of kirin. I wonder if everyone has zilart done.

I'm sure there's a couple people who could use W. Legs as well besides just Sei. Maybe we'll get a bunch.

Loona

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/11231/detail.html

New reward campaign. It looks like a single redeemable code where you can get a neat old content trophy item (lol ridill) or some useful points or whatever. I'm heavily considering the guild points at the moment.

None of those seem too viable for me at this time - the guild points could get interesting later to get fishing quests done later down the line, but as it stands, I have no craft at 28 to be able to join a guild, so how would such points be delivered in the first place?
Would I be able to hold on to them until I can join a guild and use them then?...

None of those seem too viable for me at this time - the guild points could get interesting later to get fishing quests done later down the line, but as it stands, I have no craft at 28 to be able to join a guild, so how would such points be delivered in the first place?
Would I be able to hold on to them until I can join a guild and use them then?...

GP and Sacred kindred's crests are the biggest time savers. The gear is all obsolete / mostly obsolete.. The rem's chapters are a waste because of the crests, unless you can't actually win, and even then, ti's not enough for a piece.

ZetaEpyon

GP and Sacred kindred's crests are the biggest time savers. The gear is all obsolete / mostly obsolete.. The rem's chapters are a waste because of the crests, unless you can't actually win, and even then, ti's not enough for a piece.

The other thing about the Sacred Kindred's Crests is that everyone in the SKCNM battle is guaranteed some of the chapters on success. I believe that it's 2 for normal, 3 for hard, and 4 for very hard. So if a group of six each uses an orb (20 seals), you're guaranteed at least 12 Rem's pages with six wins on normal, more depending on who takes pool drops, and if you do it on higher difficulties.

So, this definitely seems like a thing where it pays off to coordinate with friends...

The other thing about the Sacred Kindred's Crests is that everyone in the SKCNM battle is guaranteed some of the chapters on success. I believe that it's 2 for normal, 3 for hard, and 4 for very hard. So if a group of six each uses an orb (20 seals), you're guaranteed at least 12 Rem's pages with six wins on normal, more depending on who takes pool drops, and if you do it on higher difficulties.

So, this definitely seems like a thing where it pays off to coordinate with friends...

I'm very close to my first 20 btw.

This is going to be an interesting update.

Edit:

December Add NPC for moving to Mog Gardens - We will be making it possible to go to your Mog Gardens from San d’Oria, Bastok, Windurst, Jeuno, and Al Zahbi.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss.

creid

The quality of life adjustments in this update are nothing short of incredible. Most of these are things I never EVER thought would happen.
Seriously. Movement speed is my #1 gripe with the game, but I assumed they'd never change it because they'd have to adjust everything that depends on your movement speed (i.e. timed quests, doors that only switch open for a limit amount of time.) Maybe they just don't give a fuck.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Seriously. Movement speed is my #1 gripe with the game, but I assumed they'd never change it because they'd have to adjust everything that depends on your movement speed (i.e. timed quests, doors that only switch open for a limit amount of time.) Maybe they just don't give a fuck.

Its not going to change much, I have a lot of movement enhancing gear and play THF often and it rarely comes into play as more than a convenience; like doing some of the longer courier coalition supply runs.

The only events that really benefitted from movement enhancement became easy enough to do without since adoulin gear made kill-times shrink to nothing, so I cant see there being much impact.

The biggest problem in the game right now is a distinct lack of worthwhile end-game content.

pancakesandsex said:
What server are you on anyway clear?

Ragnarok (since 2003!)

Its not going to change much, I have a lot of movement enhancing gear and play THF often and it rarely comes into play as more than a convenience; like doing some of the longer courier coalition supply runs.

The only events that really benefitted from movement enhancement became easy enough to do without since adoulin gear made kill-times shrink to nothing, so I cant see there being much impact.

The biggest problem in the game right now is a distinct lack of worthwhile end-game content.

Ragnarok (since 2003!)

Personally I still really enjoy delve. I'm a sch stunner in my endgame shell and while we have it on farm status on a good day, one too many mistakes is still a loss and it still feels good to get those wins. I'm glad the content seems to be spreading out a bit again.

While having the entire server funneled into delve was nice for pickups, it's nice to have some time to work on other stuff.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I'm a dedicated soloist these days, I just don't enjoy the responsibility of needing to be present at certain times for events anymore.

Delve is kind of a source of annoyance for me these days as PUG's are few and far between (especially in EU time) and with them all being boss runs, places are hard to score even as an oatixur MNK.

That said, I'm pretty well geared already so really aside from some of the boss weapons there's not a lot I can do to improve the jobs I actually care about. Realistically with 21/22 jobs at 99 I should never be short of stuff to do, but the sheer volume of gear needing to be juggled means that I tend to stick to the few I enjoy playing.

B.K.

What outposts don't have a Survival Guide? I was warping around getting them and when I got to Meriphataud Mountains, there wasn't a Guide at the outpost. I thought all the outposts were supposed to have Survival Guides for warps now.

What outposts don't have a Survival Guide? I was warping around getting them and when I got to Meriphataud Mountains, there wasn't a Guide at the outpost. I thought all the outposts were supposed to have Survival Guides for warps now.

Meriph should have one. The only ones that shouldn't are the zilart areas. If you're looking at the region list, that's everything after quifim.

Joe T.

The quality of life adjustments in this update are nothing short of incredible. Most of these are things I never EVER thought would happen.

I like what I'm reading, but it's practically always been a few years too late with SE where FFXI adjustments are concerned. The active player base took a nosedive since FFXIV's relaunch in late August, at least it did on Cerberus where there would be over 1,000 accounts logged in at any given time to around 500 post-FFXIV launch.

I like what I'm reading, but it's practically always been a few years too late with SE where FFXI adjustments are concerned. The active player base took a nosedive since FFXIV's relaunch in late August, at least it did on Cerberus where there would be over 1,000 accounts logged in at any given time to around 500 post-FFXIV launch.

653 on sylph at the time of posting, but it's a holiday weekend still. COULD BE 654! ::nudge nudge::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom