• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age |OT| You Had One Job!

rjinaz

do party members gain LP/level up when they're inactive?

With only 3 party members at a time seems like a pain to have to constantly be shuffling them.

LP yes. EXP no.

Equip golden amulets on all the characters sitting out since it doubles their LP. You can get them really early in the Mosphoran Highwastes from the shop seller there. I'm assuming that hasn't changed in the Zodiac version anyway.

Cess007

do party members gain LP/level up when they're inactive?

With only 3 party members at a time seems like a pain to have to constantly be shuffling them.

One of the few things I hate about FF12. The party of 3, and that the inactive members doesn't gain XP. I end with 3 members super-powered and everyone else stuck at level 12 :/

Facism

One of the few things I hate about FF12. The party of 3, and that the inactive members doesn't gain XP. I end with 3 members super-powered and everyone else stuck at level 12 :/

I found a 2x EXP accessory early on and have just been rotating in a character here and there with it equipped. Lowest level character is within 5 levels of my highest.

rjinaz

Cant seem to get the Formahult in the chest after the antlion quest. The only thing that spawned was gravity motes.

Did they changed it?

For me, even with the chest working the way it is supposed to, deahbringers were much quicker to get in Barheim Passage. Not a gun but packs quite the wallop for a small sword.

Yeah a few chests like Fomalhaut or Demonsbane were moved.
vj2v8.jpg

Aeana

This isn't as big of a deal as it seems, because level only majorly affects HP/MP (other base stats like strength (not attack power) do raise with level but they are not as significant as equipment). A level 12 character with the exact same armor as a level 99 character will take roughly the same damage, for instance.

If you use the LP your sidelined members gain to keep them up to date, their lower levels will only be a minor hindrance.

Cess007

I found a 2x EXP accessory early on and have just been rotating in a character here and there with it equipped. Lowest level character is within 5 levels of my highest.

Do you remember the name the item? May as well search it.

Also, someone has the pic that appears when you resume the game after turning the PS4 in stand-by? I love it, and it would make an incredible wallpaper :)

rjinaz

Do you remember the name the item? May as well search it.

Also, someone has the pic that appears when you resume the game after turning the PS4 in stand-by? I love it, and it would make an incredible wallpaper :)

It's called an embroidered tipplet. It's an enemy drop in the Tchita Uplands but it can be found in certain chests earlier.

Cess007

This isn't as big of a deal as it seems, because level only majorly affects HP/MP (other base stats like strength (not attack power) do raise with level but they are not as significant as equipment). A level 12 character with the exact same armor as a level 99 character will take roughly the same damage, for instance.

If you use the LP your sidelined members gain to keep them up to date, their lower levels will only be a minor hindrance.

I see. Still annoys me lol I like it when all my party members are at the same level

It's called an embroidered tipplet. It's an enemy drop in the Tchita Uplands but it can be found in certain chests earlier.

Thanks! I will look for it :)

For me, even with the chest working the way it is supposed to, deahbringers were much quicker to get in Barheim Passage. Not a gun but packs quite the wallop for a small sword.
Its for my white mage/alchemist tho.

Pretty pissed. Im trying to find a gun for her.

rjinaz

I see. Still annoys me lol I like it when all my party members are at the same level

Thanks! I will look for it :)

What I used to do is take one team up 10 levels, then switch out. Bring the others up 5 levels, then switch out. That kind of thing. In the end I would have a party with levels in the 50s and the other in the 40s. But I liked to grind since I was working my way to the high leveled enemy areas as soon as the game allows which is very early.

rjinaz

I figured that might be the case. I'm not used to the weapon/job restraints of the Zodiac version. It's definitely different from the original from what I understand. It was easier to load up all your character with deathbringers right away but probably not as fun.

Yeah it's gonna be later on now.. It's in the deeper part of Henne Mines or Cerobi Steppe.

You can get Arcturus pretty early though... in the same way Fomalhaut was a pretty powerful but very early gun in the original, Arcturus sort of is the same. You can get it soon as you reach Ozmone Plains (Bazaar item from loot from the Sandsea and Ozmone).

Freddo

Playing this game again been giving me one large surprise.

After a decade of JRPGs that mainly consisted of immature bullshit, fanservice and tiresome anime clichés and stereotypes, this feels like a damn masterpiece. Sure, there are some annoying moments with Vaan, but they are fairly rare, and every scene with Basch, Fran and especially Balthier are a joy to watch.

Love the epic intro too, so much stuff happening. In comparison, the FF15 intro is the most boring thing ever, they are out of gas, snores. Heck, more stuff happens in the first hour of FF12 than the whole FF15.

Impulsor

Finally.

I can confirm two things:

a) it doesn't matter how you spawn the chest, once it's spawned, the "wait for the kid to go to the corner 4 times, and then press X as soon as he stops moving by his parent" method will work once it's there.
b) fast forwarding on the screen once it's spawned doesn't seem to affect the timing, because I had 2x fast forward on running out the door and up the stairs to the chest before I shut it off, and the timing still lined up with the kid.
It doesn't work for me. Even if I spawn the chest, after waiting for the 4th time he stops by his father doesn't net me a seitengrat.

I figured that might be the case. I'm not used to the weapon/job restraints of the Zodiac version. It's definitely different from the original from what I understand. It was easier to load up all your character with deathbringers right away but probably not as fun.

It's much more fun though. I thought I would miss the old license board but having my characters each with their own weakness and strength is great.

Yeah it's gonna be later on now.. It's in the deeper part of Henne Mines or Cerobi Steppe.

You can get Arcturus pretty early though... in the same way Fomalhaut was a pretty powerful but very early gun in the original, Arcturus sort of is the same. You can get it soon as you reach Ozmone Plains (Bazaar item from loot from the Sandsea and Ozmone).

Yeah, trying to get Arcturus. Just stole the Salamand Halycon and now need just one more Wyvern Wing. Just taking a rest after an hour trying to get that damned Formahault ;_;

Cess007

Playing this game again been giving me one large surprise.

After a decade of JRPGs that mainly consisted of immature bullshit, fanservice and tiresome anime clichés and stereotypes, this feels like a damn masterpiece. Sure, there are some annoying moments with Vaan, but they are fairly rare, and every scene with Basch, Fran and especially Balthier are a joy to watch.

Love the epic intro too, so much stuff happening. In comparison, the FF15 intro is the most boring thing ever, they are out of gas, snores. Heck, more stuff happens in the first hour of FF12 than the whole FF15.

The things I would for a spin-off that focuses on Fran and Balthier. THE THINGS I WOULD DO SQUARE!

What can you do if your characters are inflicted with doom? In previous games all you had to do was win the battle before the timer ran out, but here it still goes on after the fight.

Can someone link me or detail an expert/quickening battle plan?

I don't know if I'm fucking myself getting 3 nodes of the early ones or making each chapter leaned one of each of the 3 available to them?

FreeMufasa

This thread convinces me most gaffers don't know how to play games. Extensive pre-planning, starting over again cos of license board choices, getting stressed out....

Just damn. It ain't that deep. Play and enjoy

Syntsui

I'm at the final dungeon finally and I'm debating if I should just be done with it and then do a completionist run with the Power mode or just do it right now.

The fact I lost Yagyu left a sour taste in my mouth and I can't shake the feeling this current run is already a disaster.

Rad-

I'm at the final dungeon finally and I'm debating if I should just be done with it and then do a completion is run with the Power mode or just do it right now.

The fact I lost Yagyu left a sour taste in my mouth and I can't shake the feeling this current run is already a disaster.

I'm not sure why you worry about it that much. It's only really useful for like 2 fights. For general use there is a better ninja blade available. And a better dagger.

Or do you mean you chose the wrong Mist licenses? Well you can still get that 70% KO dagger which is the best Shikari weapon anyways for everything other than bosses.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I forgot that the Viera were unabashed racists. Eruyt is basically a Vieran ethno-state.

Evilkazzzz

Neo Member
So here's what I got

Vaan: Shikari/ Uhlan
Balthier: Machinist/ Monk
Fran: Archer/ Time Battlemage
Penelo: Whitemage/ Blackmage
Ashe: Red Battlemage/ Foebreaker
Basch: Knight/ Bushi

Will this be good? I not sure I really needed to pick all 12 of the classes for everyone (I assume you could have multiple characters with the same class).

I'm still having a problem making Fran not terrible. She doesn't do very much damage, and she has kind of low MP. Maybe she gets better when I've got haste unlocked for her.

So here's what I got

Vaan: Shikari/ Uhlan
Balthier: Machinist/ Monk
Fran: Archer/ Time Battlemage
Penelo: Whitemage/ Blackmage
Ashe: Red Battlemage/ Foebreaker
Basch: Knight/ Bushi

Will this be good? I not sure I really needed to pick all 12 of the classes for everyone (I assume you could have multiple characters with the same class).

I'm still having a problem making Fran not terrible. She doesn't do very much damage, and she has kind of low MP. Maybe she gets better when I've got haste unlocked for her.

It should be fine. It's not the ideal picks but the difference is having optimum jobs makes you kill enemies a little quicker than usual, that's it.

Which I realised, is pointless since there's a 4x turbo mode.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
You can only unlock 3 quickenings for that character (Balthier). The first quickening you unlock for Balthier will always be Fire of War.

What this means is that when you unlock Fires of War, you then have access to all the nodes hidden behind that quickening (because most of the quickenings are positioned in chokepoints in the license grid meaning that they are blocking powerful nodes behind them). All the other quickening nodes will then change to Balthier's second quickening which is called "Tides of Fate".

You get your next one (which will always be called "Tides of Fate" for Balthier) and then you can get the licenses behind whichever node you chose.

You chose your last one (which will always be called "Element of Treachery" for Balthier) and then you can get the licenses behind that node.

All those other quickening nodes then become dead, and you will NOT be able to get the licenses hidden away behind them for Balthier.
Ah, thank you for the explanation. So the thing everyone has been warning about with regards to Quickening is wisely choosing the nodes that open unblock more useful nodes, correct? And there are how many per board, 4?

So between the two lisence, there are 8 Quickening nodes, and I can only aquire 3, meaning 5 paths will remain blocked?!

Rad-

Ah, thank you for the explanation. So the thing everyone has been warning about with regards to Quickening is wisely choosing the nodes that open unblock more useful nodes, correct? And there are how many per board, 4?

So between the two lisence, there are 8 Quickening nodes, and I can only aquire 3, meaning 5 paths will remain blocked?!

There is 4 total even if you have 2 jobs. So you get 3/4 nodes. As a general rule the first Quickening node is usually one of the worst and doesn't hold anything that valuable for any of the jobs. So if you are stressing over this too much, just pick nodes 2-4. But the best is to wait till Raithwall and only pick Quickenings after that so you will see what they hold.

Nodes are shared between boards. So Quickening Node 1 will be unlocked on both boards if you choose to unlock it. It's similar to how if you unlock Cure on one job, cure will be unlocked on your 2nd job's board /if/ it has access to cure.

Impulsor

Are you guys leveling up everybody or only your main 3?

Im only leveling my main 3:

Vaan BLM/MNK
Basch KNI/BUS
Ashe WHM/MCH

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
There is 4 total even if you have 2 jobs. So you get 3/4 nodes. As a general rule the first Quickening node is usually one of the worst and doesn't hold anything that valuable for any of the jobs. So if you are stressing over this too much, just pick nodes 2-4. But the best is to wait till Raithwall and only pick Quickenings after that so you will see what they hold.

Nodes are shared between boards. So Quickening Node 1 will be unlocked on both boards if you choose to unlock it. It's similar to how if you unlock Cure on one job, cure will be unlocked on your 2nd job's board /if/ it has access to cure.
I'm mostly concerned about the nodes behind the Quickenings. So if I unlock one that costs, say, 75 LP first then the one that costs 75 on the other board will be unlocked?

Rad-

I'm mostly concerned about the nodes behind the Quickenings. So if I unlock one that costs, say, 75 LP first then the one that costs 75 on the other board will be unlocked?

Yes they are the same.

Can anyone with a PS4 Pro confirm they've gotten the Seitengrat to spawn with the 32 step method?

I'm not sure why normal vs Pro would matter. The RNG is based on the game code.

Maledict

If I want to do the end game stuff, but am happy doing it at the end game, do I need to be doing all these ridiculous chest spawning / theft from bosses stuff as I play the game to get equipment? Or can I just play through as normal and then do that stuff at the end in a far easier fashion?

Somebody help quick!

I went thru the no weapons door in Pharos second ascent and I can't change my decision!? Am I mistaken?

I thought it'd be like a challenge room or something, but you have to do the whole fucking third phase of the dungeon including boss battle without the ability to attack!? Is it even possible?

Impulsor

Can anyone with a PS4 Pro confirm they've gotten the Seitengrat to spawn with the 32 step method?

A guys in the youtube comments says he got it with a stop watch nd 19.2 seconds of waiting outside.

Even after spawning the chest with another method I'm only getting or 10 gil or a knot of rust with the method of waiting for the kid to stop a 4th time.

so yeah. This does not seem to be working for me.

Rad-

If I want to do the end game stuff, but am happy doing it at the end game, do I need to be doing all these ridiculous chest spawning / theft from bosses stuff as I play the game to get equipment? Or can I just play through as normal and then do that stuff at the end in a far easier fashion?

Yes of course. But just remember that a lot of optional areas and bosses are going to piss easy by that time and might not be much fun.

Caim

Somebody help quick!

I went thru the no weapons door in Pharos second ascent and I can't change my decision!? Am I mistaken?

I thought it'd be like a challenge room or something, but you have to do the whole fucking third phase of the dungeon including boss battle without the ability to attack!? Is it even possible?

If you're able to rely on magic yeah, but you get your stuff back on the floor after the boss.

Balphon

Yes, and there are very few (if any?) job combinations that lock you out of any of the nodes behind the Quickening nodes so long as you unlock the latter efficiently (i.e. only unlock the nodes with things behind them which you can't get on your other job board). The only real exception is Shikari since its board has all four ninja sword licenses behind Quickening nodes, but you don't really need all four of those anyway.

Anoxida

Love the x2 speed option. Look most I dont paticulary care for the sandseas so speeding that part up made them actually enjoyable to play since it never got tedious.

Top Bottom