• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 PC |OT| So you think you can ride this Chocobo!

I'm kind of skeptical about the performance after the first game. Did they ever fix the weird drops the first game often had, even on much more powerful hardware?

Kanokare

I'm kind of skeptical about the performance after the first game. Did they ever fix the weird drops the first game often had, even on much more powerful hardware?

There's a patch coming out soon, like tomorrow possibly. Everyone's hoping for the best when it drops!

wmlk

It's hilarious how many people who dislike the game just point to the song as if it sums everything up lol.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
preloaded!

I only played 13 on ps3 and always wanted to play this and LR. Excited. Also hopefully the 13 patch fixes at least 1080p and the frame rate, thats all I ask, nothing fancy, so I can start on that before 13-2

preloaded!

I only played 13 on ps3 and always wanted to play this and LR. Excited. Also hopefully the 13 patch fixes at least 1080p and the frame rate, thats all I ask, nothing fancy, so I can start on that before 13-2

I got up to chapter 11 on 13 before quitting (ps3). Giving it another shot on PC and I'm up to chapter 11 now. I still say 13-2 > 13. I actually finished 13-2. No idea about LR. I heard it suffered from frame rate issues on console so I hope those are resolved on PC.

jose1

I bought it earlier today. Not gonna download it yet, I can't have this tempting me until after final exams are over. This one is by far my favorite of the trilogy. I have never played any of the DLC, I'm so hyped!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here is to hoping 13-2 is a good port and 13 is fixed properly.

That's what I want to know. FF13's port was turrible
Just like the game itself </troll>
to where I'm not sure if I want to restart and complete FF13-2 on PC when I have the PS3 copy sitting here I need to finish.

(I haven't touched my PS3 much since building my PC. *sigh*)

nikos

Never got around to playing this on PS3, though I'd still like to. Maybe I should go with the PC version instead.

I actually enjoyed XIII on PS3.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you feel the game is lacking challenge, Coliseum DLC battles are pretty tough. I still haven't cleared some of them.

That cutscene though

If you feel the game is lacking challenge, Coliseum DLC battles are pretty tough. I still haven't cleared some of them.

That cutscene though

Yup. I have had the game for ages and have only beaten Omega and the Lightning and Amodar fight. The other battles scare me.

And yeah, If that Colosseum intro cutscene doesn't put a smile on your face as a Final Fantasy fan then I dunno. So good and charming.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Never got around to playing this on PS3, though I'd still like to. Maybe I should go with the PC version instead.

I actually enjoyed XIII on PS3.

If you have a PC worth playing games on, you should pick the PC version no question. The performance of the second(and third) game is horrible on console. Crystal Tools was just never built for having to render real time 99% of the time in open areas, and it shows.

So your going to need something much more powerful than a PS3 to get acceptable performance during run of play

Toth

Nice OT! I can't wait to see how well the game looks on high powered rigs.

I do wonder if modders will ever be able to make the game harder though. Some of the 'hard mode' mods for past FFs have been really cool.

Very much looking forward to seeing how well this performs on PC!

Plus, 13-2 is the best of the series and one of the better, underrated JRPGs of last gen.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will this require a day one fix like XIII did on PC?

nobody knows. and FF13 didnt have a day 1 fix, unless you mean the durante stuff. Officially, the fix is coming out soon (fix as in proper HD resolutions and higher frame rate hopefully)

Rhaknar

I forget, is this one the action rpg (ish) or is that Lightning Returns, and this one is still more like 13?

I forget, is this one the action rpg (ish) or is that Lightning Returns, and this one is still more like 13?

LR is the action RPG one. However, you can slash enemies on the field which then causes things to happen while in combat. It's more interactive than OG XIII.

Riposte

I'm of the opinion that it's vastly better. The monster capture type system is a very compelling gameplay hook, the story is nonsense but Noel has some good writing and voice acting, the music is amazing, the battles are better, better antagonist, some great atmosphere in some of the later areas.

How are the battles better?

Speaking of which, are the chances of a difficulty mod slim?

Time to post some HD official wallpaper found throughout the net

132a-logo_ff13-2ps3.jpg

Final-Fantasy-Final-Fantasy-XIII-lightning-_569884-44.jpg

Final-Fantasy-Xiii-2-official-wallpaper-lightning_1.jpg

final-fantasy-wallpaper-media-lightning-images-200851.jpg

ffxiii2news.jpg

And the commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91GnYd-JUiQ

komorebi

Best FF since 12 hands down, not counting 14.

Got my preload ready, can't wait to play through this again. Bring on the glorious stable 1080p/60fps goodness!

If any Gods are listening
Answer my prayers...

RyudBoy

Hope the PC version runs well, then I might consider double dipping. 1 of only 2 games that I platinum'd on PS3. It had fun game play, great visuals and some catchy music. However, it's best if you pay no attention to the story. And prepare yourself for Kupo. Worst voice actor (or actress) ever heard.

Kupo-Kupow!

Rhaknar

Hope the PC version runs well, then I might consider double dipping. 1 of only 2 games that I platinum'd on PS3. It had fun game play, great visuals and some catchy music. However, it's best if you pay no attention to the story. And prepare yourself for Kupo. Worst voice actor (or actress) ever heard.

Kupo-Kupow!

japanese voice track dude

dickroach

I pulled the PS3 copy of XIII off my shelf when the XIII PC thread started, and played it for the first time. fun. I'll go pick up XIII-2 tomorrow and play along with you fine people. (I don't have a gaming PC :( )

I'd always heard it was better than the first

Bittercup

Small addition to the Crystarium 2.0 for people who care about maximizing stats:
In contrast to FF13 you no longer follow a fixed path where you just fill pre-defined stat-points but you have an empty path that you fill up with roles and depending on the size of the nodes and role you choose you get a bonus to your stats.
This doesn't really give you more freedom how you play the characters and it's not required to follow a guide to beat the game but if you want to maximize stats there are perfect routes how to fill in the blanks.
This is a good guide for that.

super

Neo Member
a fantastic game! truly super underrated! great OST good graphics and fun time travel mechanic.

I might buy it again on steam to play it and finish the DLC this time.

great game, if you like Final Fantasy BUY IT!

ffxiii2image3.jpg

any idea if the DLC customs included? (with the N7 armor?)

fardeenah

Banned
thanks for all your answers. i love final fantasy for their stories. i guess the story is not worth, but hey i loved the gameplay in FF XIII-2. i can't wait to play

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have awoken from the eternal slumbers...!

God, this game is so incredibly good. From the music, to the potential min-maxing of the stats, to the characters. Yeul, Noel, Caius FOREVER IN MY HEART!!!

Great OT LuuK, it truly does look classy! Yet again, I'm so sorry I failed you! I really tried to save up every free minute I could in order to work on this OT, but alas I never succeeded with my mission :( thanks for saving me, LuuK!

Levyne

Banned
Won't be able to get to this right away but hopefully will be able to dig into it in about a week. Hopine this and the xiii patch will surprise wrt quality

Anteater

man i still need to finish ff13, the last stretch is my least favorite part and I think i need another 10hrs, really looking forward to playing 13-2 though.

hopefully the patch for 13 will improve performance but i doubt it

Top Bottom