• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Nethaniah

weekend is over, time to play the patch waiting game

gnrQ0do.jpg

Friday comes, "expect more news the coming weeks".

Corpekata

Banned
Snow is so bad. The characters are just so weird in FFXIII in how different they are, almost like from different games. I feel like Snow and Vanille are from entirely different worlds than the rest of the characters. It's pretty hard to make the comic relief character with a bird that lives in his hair seem muted, but they manage.

Don't read if you haven't finished
Yes I'm aware Vanille technically is more or less from a different world

kick51

Banned
Friday comes, "expect more news the coming weeks".

"I'll pass it on"

"I'll let them know people are asking for this"

"We hear you loud and clear, will make sure they get a note that people are requesting this"

"Join the Square-Enix Fun Club today, Mac!"

Grief.exe

Remember the skyboxes in this people.

Because in XIII-2 they take a massive downgrade.

When I play through FFXIII I just see extreme polish everywhere I look. Everything from the pre-rendered cutscenes even down to the menus just screams expensive development cost.

I just don't see how that kind of development would be sustainable.

Go_Ly_Dow

When I play through FFXIII I just see extreme polish everywhere I look. Everything from the pre-rendered cutscenes even down to the menus just screams expensive development cost.

thing is tho with XIII-2 they re-used a TON of assets, had 2 years of dev time, primarily real-time cutscenes as opposed to pre-rendered and far less CG. Despite all of that the real-time performance of the game went down the roof.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

Well until about a year from release done workers were just polishing assets without knowing if they would even be used. Alot of that probably shows up in 2.

ConceptX

thing is tho with XIII-2 they re-used a TON of assets, had 2 years of dev time, primarily real-time cutscenes as opposed to pre-rendered and far less CG. Despite all of that the real-time performance of the game went down the roof.

Didn't they contract out another studio for help on 13-2? Like Lightning Returns.

Tri-ace if I remember correctly, they worked on both 13-2 and LR, but not 13.

That's where I always expected the various graphics downgrades came from.

Of course I could be totally wrong and that was erm...squarely...Square Enix's decisions.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Didn't they contract out another studio for help on 13-2? Like Lightning Returns.

Tri-ace if I remember correctly, they worked on both 13-2 and LR, but not 13.

That's where I always expected the various graphics downgrades came from.

Of course I could be totally wrong and that was erm...squarely...Square Enix's decisions.
The funny thing is when I first saw XIII-2 I said that it looked like a TriAce game and then finding out I was right was hilarious.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Re: nee-san, the translation team for XIII-2 chose to replace every instance of Serah calling her sister that (and she doesn't really call her anything else) with "Lightning". So you have Serah calling her sister by her edgy nickname.

Cringe all day, but not sure how they could've sidestepped that.

Controversial opinion time.
I liked FFXIII-2 more than 1, even though I really liked 1.

I like the combat more for sure, but how people say Noel is a good character is literally beyond my scope of understanding. Or the plot in general but I don't think ive seen anymore say that outright.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hopefully not that long till we can start (re)experiencing the best game in the trilogy - and also one of my favorite FF's of all time

God, I love Noel/Caius/Yeul/Mog/Serah/Adult Hope. The trilogy never needed anymore characters.

c7l5PRY.png

Nevadatan

im tired of fighting bosses twice. really S-E?

also im not into honorifics but whats with Sahz calling Lighting "nee-san"? (i know why snow calls her like that but sahz??)

Hopefully not that long till we can start (re)experiencing the best game in the trilogy - and also one of my favorite FF's of all time

God, I love Noel/Caius/Yeul/Mog/Serah/Adult Hope. The trilogy never needed anymore characters.

c7l5PRY.png
the bolded characters are probably why XIII-2 is my least favorite of the 3

Boogybro

Don't twist my words. I was disagreeing with the notion that the game is better looking than games that came out and will come out this year. That's an absurd comment to make. It's good looking for a game from it's time but let's not get ridiculous with the claims.

Hell Type-0 HD looks better than it.

Grade-A trolling

I'm sure it's been posted already but does everyone have the perfect formula for upgrading weapons/accessories?
Best items to farm and all that.

I haven't done any upgrading at all (Chapter 7) and from what I remember reading it's not something to consider for another few chapters.
Still. It'd be nice to have the info now because I doubt ALT-TAB is ever going to work properly.

Thanks much.

Tizoc

I'm sure it's been posted already but does everyone have the perfect formula for upgrading weapons/accessories?

I haven't done any upgrading at all (Chapter 7) and from what I remember reading it's not something to consider for another few chapters.
Still. It'd be nice to have the info now because I doubt ALT-TAB is ever going to work properly.

I don't remember for accessories but for weapons-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=132880922&postcount=616
As for best weapons per character
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133768760&postcount=4468
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=133774724&postcount=4487

Following guides can be tedious.
Just use organic materials to get the multiplier to 3x and then use large qty of mechanical parts at once to upgrade. If the multiplier drops below 3x, use organic materials again to get it back to 3x.

Nevadatan

i0m64QqZjOQLs.PNG

do i look like i give a f***k?

24th attempt.. here i go

EDIT: BEATEN!
i just realize i had like 2000CP for both characters so i spent that on RAV and SYN and then Odin was pretty easy.

night13x

Hey Neogaf'rs!

First post here so first of all hey!

I started to check out GeDoSaTo today (though I did hear about the amazing stuff it has done for Dark Souls), and I am slightly confused on some things. I did try to do self research since I don't normally like to ask for help unless I need to, but there are a couple of things I am confused on in terms of configurations.

Firs of all here are my specs:

2600k @ stock
EVGA GTX 780 (superclocked -stock) ACX

What I am wanting to do is run this game at 4k downsampled to my 1080p monitor / tv screen along with AA and anything else I can throw at it to make it look as good as possible. I do see that there is the general config sheet when you boot up GeDoSaTo - do I need to mess with anything in that?

Then there is the ffXIII config from the drop down. What exactly should I change?

Finally - is there anything in the nvidia control panel (either for the general or ffxiii profile specific) that I need to address?

Thank you so much for helping me clear this up for my understanding!

Welp, allocating disk space for this game is taking longer than downloading Bully The Scholarship Edition.

Damn you GAF for making me buy this game. I wanted to finish Bully, I really do.

Top Bottom