• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Could anyone confirm if there is both Japanese text and audio in the Steam version of the game?

The "Languages" part of the page has check marks in the Japanese section for Interface, Audio, and Subtitles, but at the top of the page there is a notice that says:

The following languages are available for this title:
Audio: English, Japanese
Text: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

Would anyone be able to check for me and confirm whether or not the game can be changed to be completely in Japanese?

Grief.exe

Hey Neogaf'rs!

First post here so first of all hey!

I started to check out GeDoSaTo today (though I did hear about the amazing stuff it has done for Dark Souls), and I am slightly confused on some things. I did try to do self research since I don't normally like to ask for help unless I need to, but there are a couple of things I am confused on in terms of configurations.

Firs of all here are my specs:

2600k @ stock
EVGA GTX 780 (superclocked -stock) ACX

What I am wanting to do is run this game at 4k downsampled to my 1080p monitor / tv screen along with AA and anything else I can throw at it to make it look as good as possible. I do see that there is the general config sheet when you boot up GeDoSaTo - do I need to mess with anything in that?

Then there is the ffXIII config from the drop down. What exactly should I change?

Finally - is there anything in the nvidia control panel (either for the general or ffxiii profile specific) that I need to address?

Thank you so much for helping me clear this up for my understanding!

Change scaling in the main menu to bicubic. No other changes are necessary as the FFXIII ini overrides many choices anyway.

In the XIII ini, choose your rendering resolution, AA, and shadow levels.

Download Invidia Inspector from guru3d, create a new profile for FFXIII, and add the exe. Force AF through the new profile.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I'm hoping mods can be repacked successfully at some point since one of the reasons I stopped playing it on the PS3 is because the battle themes didn't feel like the matched the tone of the combat enough to be engaging, so throwing in some classics would be nice.

Bittercup

Could anyone confirm if there is both Japanese text and audio in the Steam version of the game?

The "Languages" part of the page has check marks in the Japanese section for Interface, Audio, and Subtitles, but at the top of the page there is a notice that says:

The following languages are available for this title:
Audio: English, Japanese
Text: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

Would anyone be able to check for me and confirm whether or not the game can be changed to be completely in Japanese?
The launcher only lets you change voices. In Steam you can set the language to Japanese, but this only changes the language of the launcher to Japanese, the actual game still has English text.
Maybe it depends on the region where you buy the game. I have an EU copy of the game with the same languages listed as you wrote.

night13x

Change scaling in the main menu to bicubic. No other changes are necessary as the FFXIII ini overrides many choices anyway.

Download Invidia Inspector from guru3d, create a new profile for FFXIII, and add the exe. Force AF through the new profile.

Thank you! Exactly what I am looking for.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The launcher only lets you change voices. In Steam you can set the language to Japanese, but this only changes the language of the launcher to Japanese, the actual game still has English text.
Maybe it depends on the region where you buy the game. I have an EU copy of the game with the same languages listed as you wrote.

Damn... Was afraid that may have been the case.

Thanks for checking!

Tizoc

I'm hoping mods can be repacked successfully at some point since one of the reasons I stopped playing it on the PS3 is because the battle themes didn't feel like the matched the tone of the combat enough to be engaging, so throwing in some classics would be nice.

The rock/metal FF13-2 battle theme is pretty kickass would like to hear that in battles.

BTW can someone PM me with instructions or even a save data of the game that starts from Ch. 2 (when crystarium unlocks) with the CP and Gil at max value?

Screenshots I've taken thus far
(possible spoilers up to Chapter 8)
14908676493_914473f6f8_o.png
292120_2014-10-13_00019 by pepsimanvsjoe, on Flickr

cafemomo

Man with the machine gun would be nice whenever Sazh is out in the field.

IIRC in the JP version of XIII, Sazh's max atb skill was named "desperado"

SirNinja

I'm sure it's been posted already but does everyone have the perfect formula for upgrading weapons/accessories?
Best items to farm and all that.

I haven't done any upgrading at all (Chapter 7) and from what I remember reading it's not something to consider for another few chapters.
Still. It'd be nice to have the info now because I doubt ALT-TAB is ever going to work properly.

Sturdy Bones are the best organic components; the best synthetic ones for the money are Superconductors and Ultracompact Reactors.

Shameless plug: I wrote a Treasure Hunter guide for Steam which has the best way to upgrade everything. You can easily get to it without alt-tabbing via the steam overlay.

ryan0991

Banned
Snow is shaken and minutes later return to his hero self serving actitude, also he gave the speech for people to join his fight, which was nothing else than a excuse to save Serah. Also is quite unclear that it even served to save any people, not only because it wasn't even that the only option, fight or die, but also seems it's clear that most people died anyway, being the characters the few survivors...

I'm just saying that even is obviously Hope profound hate and willingness to kill Snow comes from the fact he also blames himself and a way to cope with the pain, alas I don't think that Snow dosn't have any blame on the matter, as I said, even if people joined and was aware of the danger, they wasted their lives on a stupid, reckless plan. And that's all on Snow. Is like a general makes a bad call on the battlefield and a whole squadron dies, obviously they were killed by the enemy, but the blame also falls in the general.
Snow doesn't show his guilt around anyone else because, as far as he knew, no one else was even aware of what happened, but later events make it very clear that he never forgot about what happened. And his attitude is anything but self-serving. He wanted to save as many people as he could. He doesn't let things keep him down for very long, but in-game events show that that doesn't mean he forgets anything.

Claiming that it was all simply an excuse to save Serah is not supported by in-game events. You're just reading negative things into Snow's motives.

And once again, Snow didn't force any of them to fight. Their prospects of survival were grim either way and most of them probably realized that. They either surrender (and probably be executed) or fight and be killed by the military. There isn't much to support the claim they had any chance of running either. The party got away only to be tracked down by the military multiple times (and that was before the military knew they were L'cie). Those people made their own decisions. I see no reason to put the blame on Snow.

Oh Lord, Barthandelus is the bane of my existence. Just wiped on him about 6 times halfway through his health bar. Realised I've had the wrong accessories equipped all this time.
Hopefully this time I'll take this asshat down.

Or not. Damned thing had 50k hp left when the doom timer ticked down. Guess I'm gonna have to do a tiny bit of CP grinding to give me the upper hand.

That can wait until tomorrow though, I can no longer be bothered =\

Yokai

Daisuke Ono in the Japanese version.
As much as I like Troy, the Japanese actor fits the role way better (Snow is actually likeable with Japanese dub).

He's the same unlikable idiot in Japanese honestly... Even if the Japanese voices were better, it doesn't solve a lot of the underlying characterization problems.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Oh Lord, Barthandelus is the bane of my existence. Just wiped on him about 6 times halfway through his health bar. Realised I've had the wrong accessories equipped all this time.
Hopefully this time I'll take this asshat down.

He gave me a ton of trouble as well. The next chapter's boss wasn't any better either.

Lain

Let me add, do not forget to also activate the antialiasing fix with Inspector. Helps removing a weird issue with the hair.

Xanathus

Can I get some recommendations on places to grind CP right before
the Barthandelus fight in Oerba
? I just need to level up my characters a bit more and get through him so I can get to the real grinding, but I can't seem to beat him even after setting the game to Easy. Ideally somewhere easy to get to with fast travel.

Can I get some recommendations on places to grind CP right before
the Barthandelus fight in Oerba
? I just need to level up my characters a bit more and get through him so I can get to the real grinding, but I can't seem to beat him even after setting the game to Easy. Ideally somewhere easy to get to with fast travel.

look for "Late game CP farm spot"
in the OT

it's the fastest place in the game.

you'll need to walk back z lot but it won't be that long.

Idk. I liked Noel/Caius/Yuel and their stories. Perhaps the most human and relatable characters/story out of the trilogy. They're the reason I liked XIII-2 as much as I did.

XIII-2 > XIII > LR

That's cool. For me it's:

Light>Fang>Sazh>Hope>Noel>Caius>Vanille>Lumina>Yuel>Bhuni>Snow>Serah

and

XIII>LR>XIII-2

Gvaz

Banned
Didn't they contract out another studio for help on 13-2? Like Lightning Returns.

Tri-ace if I remember correctly, they worked on both 13-2 and LR, but not 13.

That's where I always expected the various graphics downgrades came from.

Of course I could be totally wrong and that was erm...squarely...Square Enix's decisions.

FF13-2 is really the best FF13, much like X-2

XIII>LR>XIII-2
reverse-1340301986_reaction_face.gif

Logy

Neo Member
Sturdy Bones are the best organic components; the best synthetic ones for the money are Superconductors and Ultracompact Reactors.

Shameless plug: I wrote a Treasure Hunter guide for Steam which has the best way to upgrade everything. You can easily get to it without alt-tabbing via the steam overlay.

Thanks for that link!
I was already upgrading weapons like crazy, i was afraid i messed up but it seems like i can just farm the items to upgrade on the "open area", really liking this game so far.

ABE1AF28A49D450EB21B86ECC5247E13E83793FC

93D9DF9BBD297E7084805FDA51DC3C2884675B00

Lain

That looks like the team I used on PS3.

I was wondering, is it be possible to have a team of 3 Lightnings (models) through hacks?

I just got to this area.

I love the small details in this game, and by that I mean the dialog when wondering around in the world, very well done. I notice this game does that a lot. It adds to atmosphere. I'm walking and decided to look at the view and Sazh started to comment on the beautiful and also engaged on the conversation, very well done. Even when you stop after a battle or stand still in the world, the NPC tends to even ask questions on just regular stuff. Either it be words of encouragement or ask how you feel...I love it.

hobz360

The Death spell works for Neochu? I thought Death spell won't work against it? Or maybe it was only in the 360 version? Anyway, thanks for that!

LuuKyK

I just got to this area.

I love the small details in this game, and by that I mean the dialog when wondering around in the world, very well done. I notice this game does that a lot. It adds to atmosphere. I'm walking and decided to look at the view and Sazh started to comment on the beautiful and also engaged on the conversation, very well done. Even when you stop after a battle or stand still in the world, the NPC tends to even ask questions on just regular stuff. Either it be words of encouragement or ask how you feel...I love it.

Thats one amazing screenshot. The vistas in that area are incredible. Also, that skybox...

vareon

I'm at the beginning of chapter 3. Man you guys don't joke when it's about corridors and cutscenes, lol.

Looks like the actual battle system is opening up, too. After 2 hours of only being able to attack enemies this better be fun.

The game really shines on production values, though. Everything looks gorgeous.

I don't know, the only thing making this game different from a "normal" jrpg is the lack of towns and the amount of story. If you could have talked with NPCs and gone to an Inn and stuff, I feel like it would be just like any other game. But then again, the game's story is pretty clear on why they're not visiting towns.

The first map where you play Vanille is actually pretty decent.

Seriously, if the lack of towns and the awkward lines are what made this game so hated, I think I'll be enjoying my time with it. Cool.

And yeah, easily one of the prettiest games from last gen, Square really nails that crystal look.

I don't know, the only thing making this game different from a "normal" jrpg is the lack of towns and the amount of story. If you could have talked with NPCs and gone to an Inn and stuff, I feel like it would be just like any other game. But then again, the game's story is pretty clear on why they're not visiting towns.

The first map where you play Vanille is actually pretty decent.

Seriously, if the lack of towns and the awkward lines are what made this game so hated, I think I'll be enjoying my time with it. Cool.

And yeah, easily one of the prettiest games from last gen, Square really nails that crystal look.

If you're liking it already, you're in for a great experience. The game only gets better.

Top Bottom