• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Just a quick question,

In XIII I loved the fact all your health came back and no status effects were on you so you could focus on each battle as they came.

Does XIII-2 and LR have this?
I am pretty sure from the demo LR didn't but your only looking after one person so I wouldn't be bothered too much I think.

I think Last remnant did something similar but I think I got stuck somewhere...

Javaman

What are the best weapons to uprade? 8 just got to the part of the game where you can start spending components to do so but don't want to waste them on the wrong ones.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just a quick question,

In XIII I loved the fact all your health came back and no status effects were on you so you could focus on each battle as they came.

Does XIII-2 and LR have this?
I am pretty sure from the demo LR didn't but your only looking after one person so I wouldn't be bothered too much I think.

I think Last remnant did something similar but I think I got stuck somewhere...
FFXIII-2, yes. LR, no.

Braag

What are the best weapons to uprade? 8 just got to the part of the game where you can start spending components to do so but don't want to waste them on the wrong ones.

I checked around online and there are some long ass guides which tell you which weapons are recommended to be upgraded, when to upgrade them and how to upgrade them to get the best benefits out of the materials being used.
I'm in CH6 and haven't upgraded anything yet cause the whole system kinda hurts my head when I was reading about it. I'll have to get myself around it soon I guess.

Javaman

I checked around online and there are some long ass guides which tell you which weapons are recommended to be upgraded, when to upgrade them and how to upgrade them to get the best benefits out of the materials being used.
I'm in CH6 and haven't upgraded anything yet cause the whole system kinda hurts my head when I was reading about it. I'll have to get myself around it soon I guess.

Thanks. I just read post 5246. He's got some good info.

2San

That's really the flaw with his character up until the end of chapter 7, if you disregard his desire to kill Snow the rest of his character writing made a decent bit of sense considering what any kid who had lost their own mother would feel like.
Sure, but the "the kill snow" thing is a pretty big thing to disregard.

Tizoc

Help me with using durante's fix on FF13 please. Here's what is in the .ini file of FF13
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiiimg

## Rendering Resolution
# can't select res in-game so write it here
clearRenderResolutions
renderResolution renderResolution 1920x1080@60
#renderResolution renderResolution 1920x1080@60

## Anti Aliasing
# MSAA sample count, default 4, other options: 2, 8
# higher = higher performance impact
MSAASampleCount 4
# Enable coverage sampling (CSAA on NV, EQAA on AMD) if HW supports it
# (improvement for small performance hit)
enableCoverageSampling false

## Shadow Resolution
# 1 = default
# sensible values: 2, 4, 8 (extreme)
# higher numbers = larger performance impact
shadowScale 1

## Required settings, don't change
injectPSHash 1329c9bf
maxScreenshotParallelism -1
forceRenderRes true
#forcePresentRes true

My laptop runs at 1080p max, so uh how and what do I change so i can get it running at 1080p and with good visuals? As is I left every text structure the same but set shadows to 4, changed the values of the screen size to 1920x1080@60fps

Love that too. I really like how streamlined FFXIII is: it is laser-focused on moving forward and not wasting the player's time. I know this is exactly why most people hate it so much, but I find it great.

Shahadan

1m5Si49.jpg

Can't help but see him whenever the emperor/pope guy is on screen.

Knurek

Help me with using durante's fix on FF13 please. Here's what is in the .ini file of FF13

My laptop runs at 1080p max, so uh how and what do I change so i can get it running at 1080p and with good visuals? As is I left every text structure the same but set shadows to 4, changed the values of the screen size to 1920x1080@60fps

This should work.

Code:
# Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiiimg

## Rendering Resolution
# can't select res in-game so write it here
clearRenderResolutions 1920x1080@60
renderResolution renderResolution 1920x1080@60

## Anti Aliasing
# MSAA sample count, default 4, other options: 2, 8
# higher = higher performance impact
MSAASampleCount 4
# Enable coverage sampling (CSAA on NV, EQAA on AMD) if HW supports it
# (improvement for small performance hit)
enableCoverageSampling true

## Shadow Resolution
# 1 = default
# sensible values: 2, 4, 8 (extreme)
# higher numbers = larger performance impact
shadowScale 2

## Required settings, don't change
#injectPSHash 1329c9bf
maxScreenshotParallelism -1
forceRenderRes true

Tizoc

Thanks I'll try those.
My first attempt with the fix yielded the following
1- Battles are 30 FPS and only cutscenes are 60 FPS :/
2- The text shows up 'unclean' like in the images below
3- Shadows are like the following but I think I set them 2?

xBladeM6x

Thanks I'll try those.

Best to lock the game to 30 until an actual patch is released. The text is that way for everyone. (I believe) The shadows are a known issue, but again it's just the way they are until a real patch comes.

Tizoc

Best to lock the game to 30 until an actual patch is released. The text is that way for everyone. (I believe) The shadows are a known issue, but again it's just the way they are until a real patch comes.

How do I lock it to 30 FPS please?

Tizoc

^That causes screen tearing when I do it @_@.

Here's what the page for FF13 looks like.
nvidia_20141014_175212.png

BTW Knurek, I used your settings but set Shadows to 1, and msaa to 2, sadly game runs battles at 20-30 FPS and there are a lot of dips >_>;

I should add I am running the game from my new 3.0 USB ex. harddisk, my laptop is SSD though.

Knurek

BTW Knurek, I used your settings but set Shadows to 1, and msaa to 2, sadly game runs battles at 20-30 FPS and there are a lot of dips >_>;

I should add I am running the game from my new 3.0 USB ex. harddisk, my laptop is SSD though.

Change the Vertical Sync option in the Sync and Refresh section.
The game runs terribly so far, no matter whether you use GeDoSaTo or not.

Knurek

Ah I see, well I'll just wait til Durante puts more work into it then try the game again.

Durante won't help here - the game doesn't use even half of my system resources, and yet struggles to maintain 30 fps.
SEJ guys just can't code for PC. Maybe they will patch the game, but I wouldn't wait on them if I were you.

L.O.R.D

^That causes screen tearing when I do it @_@.

Here's what the page for FF13 looks like.
nvidia_20141014_175212.png

whats your laptop specs ?

xBladeM6x

I can keep 30 FPS, with no issues at 4K. However I find I get stuttering sometimes when there's a camera panning, or going up / down stairs. Anyone have any ideas?

i7-3770k

Grief.exe

Let me add, do not forget to also activate the antialiasing fix with Inspector. Helps removing a weird issue with the hair.

Tell me more.

It's a good team

Lightning for COM/RAV
Vanille for RAV/MED/SAB
Fang for COM/SYN

balanced out imo

What's a good strategy?

For tougher enemies I was thinking, Rav/Rav/Com first turn, then switch to Com/Sab/Syn for instant turn + charging turn to get appropriate buffs/debuffs, then unleash the pain.

ss_lemonade

Thanks I'll try those.
The higher you go up in resolution, the cleaner 2d elements like text and images become. Also, is your gpu running on max performance? My nvidia card would randomly drop down to desktop level clocks and thus limit my framerate to 30 until I put it to max performance in the nvidia control panel

Shahadan

saw you put "for some reason" so I assumed you didn't know. haha

Yeah the phrasing wasn't that clear :p

Also is anyone else annoyed by how overdesigned everything in this game is? It makes it look so fake or something to me.
I'm already not a fan of the bubblegum-jpop look, but man it looks like they were always searching for ways to blow time and money on everything to the point of making it look stupid.

The scene supposed to celebrate the Pulse/Cocoon war felt especially stupid to me in that regard.

s_mirage

I can keep 30 FPS, with no issues at 4K. However I find I get stuttering sometimes when there's a camera panning, or going up / down stairs. Anyone have any ideas?

i7-3770k

780ti, same thing happens. Now I've only minimally tested this but give it a try:

Assuming your native resolution is 1080p, go into the Nvidia control panel and make a new custom resolution. The top part should read 1920x1080 at 60 Hz, but change the timing from automatic to manual and enter the refresh rate of 59.940 Hz in the bottom section.

Save and then change the resolution to that (it might replace your standard 60Hz refresh but if not simply change resolutions and then pick 1920x1080 from the custom section of the res select screen).

AsianOni

Yeah the phrasing wasn't that clear :p

Also is anyone else annoyed by how overdesigned everything in this game is? It makes it look so fake or something to me.
I'm already not a fan of the bubblegum-jpop look, but man it looks like they were always searching for ways to blow time and money on everything to the point of making it look stupid.

The scene supposed to celebrate the Pulse/Cocoon war felt especially stupid to me in that regard.

I think XV will be more realistic in its design, but I gotta agree on the Pulse/Cocoon war. While watching I was wondering "why so sophisticated ?".

I know why she does it

I still think it's fucking stupid

e: i'm gonna punch my problems away like an adult

The times she punched Snow is because he believed Serah was still alive and to her Serah was dead. She was basically denying Hope after seeing her sister seemingly die. That and this idiot telling her she was still alive pissed her off. "She's not sleeping!" "It's over." "Does she look protected to you?!"

It's not until later that she
starts to believe that Serah is still alive.

aravuus

The times she punched Snow is because he believed Serah was still alive and to her Serah was dead. She was basically denying Hope after seeing her sister seemingly die. That and this idiot telling her she was still alive pissed her off. "She's not sleeping!" "It's over." "Does she look protected to you?!"

Dude

I know

aravuus

Well, that certainly isn't a stupid reason to punch someone in the face.

She was just trying to bring Snow back to reality. Talking him back was just not a possibility. Dude was out of his mind.

I do think it's stupid so how about we just agree to disagree

...She still slugged him in the face 3 times as hard as she could and held her blade to his throat. She was displacing her own feelings of guilt on Snow since she knows damn well that she, even though she didn't mean it, threatened to "take care of her [Serah]"(aka kill her) and pretty much abandoned her little sister when she was needed most. Yes, Snow and Serah went about it in a stupid way and Snow is an ass, but it's not Snow's fault that Lightning can't handle her own guilt. As much as I may have ended up liking her by the end, physically assaulting someone on multiple occasions for being a dipshit is not proper conflict resolution, and it's part of her character arc to understand that she was just running from her own guilt and that at least Snow was there for Serah while Lightning nonchalantly threatened to kill her. That's the entire point of the apology scene: Lightning accepting her part of the blame for the way things unfolded between her, Serah, and Snow.

cafemomo

For tougher enemies I was thinking, Rav/Rav/Com first turn, then switch to Com/Sab/Syn for instant turn + charging turn to get appropriate buffs/debuffs, then unleash the pain.

I usually start with the debuffs/buffs/spells
switch over to spells/attacks
once staggered go all out with RAV/RAV/COM or RAV/COM/COM

Shahadan

I'm guessing by that you mean
Gran Pulse
then relatively soon. Once you get off there, there's one more chapter in a dungeon-type dealio, then you're there.

Yay, thanks!
I'm a bit sick of my team being constantly separated.

I'm clocking 22 hours so I guess I'm rather on time :p

Shahadan

Oh and, just a hunch but is the Primarch
a Fal'cie in disguise or something?
if that's even possible...at this point in this game I guess anything is.

Top Bottom