• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Lain

Tell me more.

I learned about that thanks to BONKERS' post here:

Overly long AA Information for Nvidia cards and hopefully simple GeDoSaTo setup post

>HERE

One last thing to do is, make a Final Fantasy XIII profile in Nvidia Inspector (Follow this image to get to the right place)and add "ffxiimg.exe" to it. And enable the "Antialiasing Fix" Shown in this screenshot. This will prevent a macroblock like artifact from appearing on the hair of characters. Even with In game MSAA. Hit "Apply Changes" when done.

I had noticed the artifact on Lightning's hair when turning the camera around but I had no idea what it was or how to fix it until I read that post by BONKERS. I had to remove the FFXIII profile from the nvidia control panel to get the inspector profile to work though, since initially the fix was doing nothing.

BadWolf

What's a good strategy?

For tougher enemies I was thinking, Rav/Rav/Com first turn, then switch to Com/Sab/Syn for instant turn + charging turn to get appropriate buffs/debuffs, then unleash the pain.

Not going to use Sentinels?

Found one very useful personally to take the heat off the other two, especially during bosses. Aways had a Sen/Sen/Sen paradigm on hand to minimize damage during a big enemy attack.

And usually rolled out a Sab when the enemy was staggered, they can really rip into bosses with ailments during that time.

xBladeM6x

I learned about that thanks to BONKERS' post here:

I had noticed the artifact on Lightning's hair when turning the camera around but I had no idea what it was or how to fix it until I read that post by BONKERS. I had to remove the FFXIII profile from the nvidia control panel to get the inspector profile to work though, since initially the fix was doing nothing.

How did you remove the profile? :eek:

Unai

For some reason the FPS limiter in Nvidia Inspector is not working for me. It doesn't matter if I'm using gedosato, window mode or fullscreen.

It's happening with anyone else?

xBladeM6x

For some reason the FPS limiter in Nvidia Inspector is not working for me. It doesn't matter if I'm using gedosato, window mode or fullscreen.

It wouldn't work for me either. Though it might have something to do with having a FFXIII profile already in NVCP. :eek:

Oh and, just a hunch but is the Primarch
a Fal'cie in disguise or something?
if that's even possible...at this point in this game I guess anything is.

Ahahahahaha,
Got it in one. You end up fighting him 2 or 3 times throughout the game. I actually didn't see it coming the first time around

Unai

What about g-sync? Is someone here using it successfuly in this game, and if so, does the stuttering gets better?

aravuus

You agreed to disagree with PsycoNinja (I think? Versus XIII avatar)

I may be one of the people here who find more flaws than strengths in FF XIII

But do not associate me with that guy in any way lol

Who in their right mind could ever say Type-0 is the better looking game of the two

i said she didn't hit them for no reason. I didn't say that she(or anything the others did) are reasonable. a big part of the characters of the game is their messed up emotional state(but if it were up to me i would of punched Serah too.)

is it me or did you edit?

True, but Muntu's point was that he didn't care about what the reason was as it was still unreasonable to him/her and to me it sounded like you were trying to deflect all the blame from Lightning (I might be wrong in that interpretation) in response.

Yes, I edited to sound less antagonistic.

I had the same issue, and it is that I wasn't using Inspector properly. For your FF13 profile in Inspector you need to add the FF13 exe to it, then apply. After that it works flawlessly.

That being said, in the first part where Sazh and Vanille break off, I'm getting frame rates of 20 or below at parts. What gives? Did I break something in inspector?

Played through the game in about 16 hours.
Much easier time through when compared to my first playthrough on PS3.

Proudclad is still a bastard.

You agreed to disagree with PsycoNinja (I think? Versus XIII avatar)

XV avatar. ;)

I may be one of the people here who find more flaws than strengths in FF XIII

But do not associate me with that guy in any way lol

Who in their right mind could ever say Type-0 is the better looking game of the two

Type-0 HD does look better. Art direction wise and in terms of how it uses certain FX while playing. That's my opinion. You guys may not like it but that's it. We could argue circles around art direction all day long. But Type-0 HD's lighting, motion blur, CG character models in-game and AA are in my opinion much better done than XIII's. :p

Edit: I wasn't allowed to say that.

cafemomo

being that type of person and disappointed there wasn't even a small limited physical release of XIII PC, I started to make custom covers
6UBvVUj.jpg

R5GH2tK.png

aravuus

Type-0 HD does look better. Art direction wise and in terms of how it uses certain FX while playing. That's my opinion. You guys may not like it but that's it. We could argue circles around art direction all day long. But Type-0 HD's lighting, motion blur, CG character models in-game and AA are in my opinion much better done than XIII's. :p

Edit: I wasn't allowed to say that.

You're insane, man. Insane I tell you!

I haven't seen Type-0 HD in motion though so I guess it could be something mind-blowing. I'll probably never see it in motion either since the game was a massive, massive, massive disappointment so I won't pay more than 5 euros for the HD version.

But that's neither here nor there.

e: i'm gonna start a ff viii playthrough, it's much more fun

You're insane, man. Insane I tell you!

I haven't seen Type-0 HD in motion though so I guess it could be something mind-blowing. I'll probably never see it in motion either since the game was a massive, massive, massive disappointment so I won't pay more than 5 euros for the HD version.

But that's neither here nor there.

e: i'm gonna start a ff viii playthrough, it's much more fun

I am just saying that it not just some uprezed PSP port. Yeah most of the core game is still there, but the models they use in game are from the CG FMV's in the game. The lighting and some of the FX's are from Luminous and FFXV. The AA is amazing and it's native 1080p and not forced 1080. It's quite impressive. I recommend you get it if not at least for the FFXV demo. :)

Regarding edit, uh sure. That's great. FFVIII is one of my favorite FF games. ;)

aravuus

I am just saying that it not just some uprezed PSP port. Yeah most of the core game is still there, but the models they use in game are from the CG FMV's in the game. The lighting and some of the FX's are from Luminous and FFXV. The AA is amazing and it's 1080p and not forced 1080. It's quite impressive. I recommend you get it if not at least for the FFXV demo. :)

Regarding edit, uh sure. That's great. FFVIII is one of my favorite FF games. ;)

Wait wait wait, you get XV demo with Type-0 HD? Whoa fuck you Ninja, you just cost me 60 euros or however much Type line zero high definition version for Sony Playstation 4© is gonna cost. I've never been so excited and wary of a game at the same time as I am with FF XV, I need to get to play it as soon as possible

And if the edit seemed abrupt or weird, it wasn't actually directed at you or anyone else. Just typing my thoughts, I guess.

VIII is more fun and better than type-bloom HD

Type what what now

Shahadan

Ahahahahaha,
Got it in one. You end up fighting him 2 or 3 times throughout the game. I actually didn't see it coming the first time around

Ha! I knew it!
a mere human couldn't be the head honcho and his design was way too "godly" to be a coincidence
It kinda makes sense...I guess.

There's a reason why
Barthandelus' Nickname is "Robopope".

Oh is that that infamous hard boss? I seem to recall a thread whining about him or something.

Also whose bright idea was to put an annoying alarm sound constantly for like an hour? T_T

AsianOni

Ha! I knew it!
a mere human couldn't be the head honcho and his design was way too "godly" to be a coincidence
It kinda makes sense...I guess.

Oh is that that infamous hard boss? I seem to recall a thread whining about him or something.

Also whose bright idea was to put an annoying alarm sound constantly for like an hour? T_T

Nah the hardest bosses are in the missions.

^That causes screen tearing when I do it @_@.

Here's what the page for FF13 looks like.
nvidia_20141014_175212.png

BTW Knurek, I used your settings but set Shadows to 1, and msaa to 2, sadly game runs battles at 20-30 FPS and there are a lot of dips >_>;

I should add I am running the game from my new 3.0 USB ex. harddisk, my laptop is SSD though.

Set frame limiter at 30, and v-sync at 1/2 refresh rate (not adaptive!). I still get screen tearing when I use the adaptive one. Keep triple buffering off. You can play with the smooth AFR behavior and the maximum pre-rendered frames if you're still getting noticeable microstutter, but I don't really know how much of a difference they actually make. I have mine set at "On" and "1", respectively. It's looking about as smooth as 30fps can look on my end.

EDIT: Oh, sorry, I didn't see what your specs were. If you're going under 30fps then my settings probably won't be ideal for you.

Grief.exe

being that type of person and disappointed there wasn't even a small limited physical release of XIII PC, I started to make custom covers

6UBvVUj.jpg

Did you see the one posted in the Custom Cover art thread? I just messaged him about getting a full resolution copy, which I will forward along if you are interested.

Final Fantasy XIII (Alternative): (I am the user who posted this to the site)

63802-final-fantasy-xiii-full.png

I also really like this logo that VisceralBowl did

serahsass

Neo Member
i said she didn't hit them for no reason. I didn't say that she(or anything the others did) are reasonable. a big part of the characters of the game is their messed up emotional state(but if it were up to me i would of punched Serah too.)

is it me or did you edit?
I'm really starting to dislike you.

Also it's would've not would of.

CentroXer

Banned
Wait how are the events at the beginning it even Snow's fault? NORA fought their way to a bunch of stranded people, and Snow offered that his team will clear the people a path. Then one guy says they must fight along NORA. Hope's mom volunteered and Snow even ask her if she is sure of this.

So it is kinda annoying that Hope goes on accusing Snow the whole game for something that wasn't even Snow's idea.

aravuus

Wait how are the events at the beginning it even Snow's fault? NORA fought their way to a bunch of stranded people, and Snow offered that his team will clear the people a path. Then one guy says they must fight along NORA. Hope's mom volunteered and Snow even ask her if she is sure of this.

So it is kinda annoying that Hope goes on accusing Snow the whole game for something that wasn't even Snow's idea.

They aren't, that's the thing

Hope just doesn't function like normal people do. He's as well written as a 13-year old boy's self-insert in a comic about him fighting the evil and having sex with females would be.

BadWolf

Because it's easier to blame someone else than to face the fact that you were useless at the time of your mother's death.

Nevadatan

because hes just a child
and happen to witness his mother falling to her death atfer slipped from snow's hand., you could see him as an obnoxius brat but im pretty sure he was designed that way on purpose.

leazo

Banned

Snow is not responsible.

Hope however is portrayed as being in a situation where he has no real family left and he thinks his father hates him, he feels frustration and the need to blame someone because that is easier than coming to grasp with what actually happened.

There's generally 5 stages of grieving in psychology, id estimate hope is written as being at 1-2 which is denial and anger at the start and then progresses towards 5 which is acceptance later on in the story.

Even so he's written as taking it way too far wanting to kill Snow and it colours his character badly to some.

Top Bottom