• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

xBladeM6x

Before I go disabling all them HID thingys, if I do disable them, will they disappear from that list, or can I just re-enable them?

aravuus

I certainly would. And I think I will maybe.

Eh, don't bother. You'll just make him feel better about himself.

"Ha ha ha, did you see that Hatsune-chan, yet another plebeian's jimmies rustled. All according to keikaku" *violently scratches neckbeard*

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Before I go disabling all them HID thingys, if I do disable them, will they disappear from that list, or can I just re-enable them?
You can enable them any time. Don't disable HID controller tho or your controller won't work. :p

ConceptX

I don't know about the other posts, but that post in particular is gold and he's my new hero

He's now banned.

That thread is upto 3,200 comments now, I'm surprised they haven't replied again, I wouldn't expect a "real" reply yet but more of a reply from a CM or such.

I'm enjoying the game again to be honest, regardless of the quality of the port.

I do hope they fix it up for 13-2 and LR, LR especially, that game runs on potato level.

xBladeM6x

You can enable them any time. Don't disable HID controller tho or your controller won't work. :p

I wonder if there's a way to just disable / enable a bunch at once with like, a shortcut or .bat or something. Would make going between games much easier. Lol

thematic

just finished chapter 9
I died fighting Bart 7 times when I played in PS3

luckily Bart didn't cast Doom on me :)
I won on the 1st try

is Doom a random thing or what?

kick51

Banned
Is there anyone here who honestly wouldn't tell him to go fuck himsel

i would show him compassion and try to get him some help to heal the wounds in his soul

HPw2v.jpg

dawid

So i'm sorting out my performance problems one at a time..

The game feels almost ready to play.. but i'm getting those wierd asset loading(?) framedrops while on 3840x2160 @ 60fps.

How did you guys deal with it? 30fps lock? lowering the downscale res? Living with the problem? ( :( )

Nevadatan

damn! Never new that happens in the game at all.

I wish they made it so he casts much quicker.

The game needs a hard mode man..but SE gave us easy..

Freaking SE >_<

funny thing is i find some bosses, like bulbasaur or odin harder than most of my Dark Souls experience.

Xyber

I was a bit tired (understatement) last night when I got to Bart. Took me a solid 5 minutes to notice I could hit other stuff than the head..

I was just sitting there wondering why it took forever to build his meter.

I was a bit tired (understatement) last night when I got to Bart. Took me a solid 5 minutes to notice I could hit other stuff than the head..

I was just sitting there wondering why it took forever to build his meter.

Funny. I ran into the same thing when I did the Havoc ship fight. I spent a longass time doing practically nothing.
Finally get the boss to ~10% HP and realize "oh..I can target other stuff?"
Retried the fight and it was over in a couple minutes.

The game's tough ,but I would've liked an extreme mode or something.
Isn't that what the ranking system is for? If you're getting 1-2 stars on boss battles your strategy/understanding of the mechanics/design probably isn't quite there.

Extreme mode..eh I dunno. It just seems like it would tack on ridiculous stuff (every boss starts off with doom, buffs, etc). I think that would be frustrating to balance around as well as play.

HeelPower

this mofo (aka the boss on Gapra Whitewood)
ibh811uciYI2nv.jpg

yup he is hard.

I think some of the regular encounters can be very difficult too.

Paricularly the fights on the palamecia.

I think sometimes there are upto three of this guy at once.
250px-FFXIII_enemy_Orion.png

Extreme mode..eh I dunno. It just seems like it would tack on ridiculous stuff (every boss starts off with doom, buffs, etc). I think that would be frustrating to balance around as well as play.

yeah I guess...It could end up being a poor grind based mode

BadWolf

Seems quite a few enjoyed the Weak mode they incorporated into FFXII ZJS.

The game is the same iirc but your characters always stay at level 1. So you never level up the character itself but the license board is still fair game (so all the abilities, buffs, techs, weapons etc. are still usable).

yup he is hard.

I think some of the regular encounters can be very difficult too.

Yep. In Sunleth, there is an encounter with a Wyvern and 2 of those gremlin things.
(depending on the weather) That fight took me more tries to do than the boss of that area.(which was just one, surprisingly)

HeelPower

Yep. In Sunleth, there is an encounter with a Wyvern and 2 of those gremlin things.
(depending on the weather) That fight took me more tries to do than the boss of that area.(which was just one, surprisingly)

yeah they are hardddd.

I also really dread the motorcylce guys..More often than they are quite tough.

Many normal encounters are hard or even harder than bosses.

HeelPower

Its kind of a mean thing that they give you most of the shrouds in the pulse vestige/hanging edge.

Many people might skip these fights because they are too easy,ignoring one of the best sources of shrouds through the entire game.

They are incredibly rare from then onwards.

Nevadatan

Its kind of a mean thing that they give you most of the shrouds in the pulse vestige/hanging edge.

Many people might skip these fights because they are too easy,ignoring one of the best sources of shrouds through the entire game.

They are incredibly rare from then onwards.

aw hell. that explains why i barely have shrouds
damn. i guess im gonna stick to grind some more. that bulbasaur is currently the bane of my FFXIII experience

HeelPower

Mr.Chowderclams I remember your video years ago and I commented on it.

I guess your dream came true now that the game is on PC.lol

What a coincidence.

You should do a comparison video after the mods and stuff p;

jose1

For anyone wondering how it runs on core i5 4200M with Intel hd 4600 graphics...

I'm getting 15-20 fps in battles and when exploring in between.

Downloaded Gedosato and adjusted the resolution to 960x540, set MSAA to 0 instead of 4, and now I am getting a pretty solid 30fps.

I think I may be the only person using gedosato to decrease the resolution haha

HeelPower

It wasn't too bad.

If people want a legit hard FF game, they should play III and IV on the DS.

That was a challenge.

or freaking LR on Normal for the first run.

I don't think these games are any harder than XIII,its just that when you die in XIII you can easily restart.

In other games you just #die.

For anyone wondering how it runs on core i5 4200M with Intel hd 4600 graphics...

Downloaded Gedosato and adjusted the resolution to 960x540, set MSAA to 0 instead of 4, and now I am getting a pretty solid 30fps.

You can use Gedosato to decrease resolution?

Hell yeah, I think I'll be using it =P

My laptop is quite crappy, I get a lot of lag outside of battle, this should fix it. Thanks for the tip.

Whogie

Gran Pulse, finally! Took about 23 hours.

Good idea. I'll keep that in mind next time I play on the lappy.

Mihos

Gold Member
oh man. Aeronite even on normal was a pain.

I did a third playthrough on easy just so I can beat him

I actually really liked LR, and I am ashamed to say I never beat him. I vow to exact revenge on a PC version if it ever comes. I did platinum XIII-2 at least.

Top Bottom