• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

god it is so annoying watching lightning losing her temper and punching snow like a little kid.

As I was replaying, I realized how Lightning really is more of a whiny child than Hope is.
Hope has his reasons and is actually a kid, but Lightning is supposed to be an adult who's a soldier, not a little teenager giving people dramatic cold shoulders. All she needs is to go "HUMPH" and it'll be complete.
worst birthday evur
Her little temper tantrums are ridiculous and it doesn't help that her English localization makes her even worse in this regard. Atleast she has some decency in her OG dialogue.

I will always lament Sazh not being the main character, he's the best.

Fred Fredriksson

Unconfirmed Member
sooo, every few hours the game crashes, anybody else has this problem?

feels like about the same amount of time everytime, like three hours or something like that.

i use gedosato btw.

Levyne

Banned
I thought the crashing was fixed with the latest Gedosato update, but I haven't played any long sessions to "test". Maybe not..

CentroXer

Banned
I've had several crashes with GeDeSaTo as well. No idea what causes them.

I think it happens when you run out of memory. I got a lot of crashes by trying to play at 8K downsampled. When I lowered the specs it runs no problem.

Hope has his reasons and is actually a kid, but Lightning is supposed to be an adult who's a soldier, not a little teenager giving people dramatic cold shoulders.

exactly. Lightning should be trained to not lose her temper so easily. Why does she get upset over snow trying to save serah anyway.

Lain

Why? Lightning is just running around acting angry. Snow is definitely my fav character.

Because he doesn't know when to shut up. Snow is one of my least liked characters in the game and most of it comes from his wannabe hero acts. When she punched him it was one of the highlights of the game for me.

Veal

This game looks absolutely incredible with gedosato and 3-D going. The only bad part about running 3-D are some of the UI elements being doubled (mainly just the subtitles so hardly a big loss.)

serahsass

Neo Member
I honestly didn't find anything wrong with her hitting Snow in the beginning. I can't remember if she hits him again and again later in the game though lol
You condone violence based on what someone did or said? Somehow I think if the roles were reversed people wouldn't be so accepting of Snow punching Lightning for the same reasons.

Bittercup

You condone violence based on what someone did or said? Somehow I think if the roles were reversed people wouldn't be so accepting of Snow punching Lightning for the same reasons.
Yeah I find it always disappointing to see, that women being portrait as someone who has so little control over their emotions and then hits others when angry is still a thing. Especially when it's treated as if that's a normal and acceptable behaviour. I still like Lightning as a character but blame bad writing for those scenes.

Finally got back to Odin, man, he's still difficult, bunch of wasted phoenix downs on Hope (Definitely not one that I'll want in my party later on).

I used this time to learn the paradigms, and everything became 10 times easier, it's so easy to kill those guys in Vile Peaks with Sazh once you know that debuffs do damage and make the stagger go down slowly.

Durante

Hypothesis on the random stuttering some are getting: It's directly linked to monitor refresh rate. My testing seems to confirm this. The random stutters get better or worse depending on tiny changes to refresh rate settings. Perhaps the engine expects a certain, very precise refresh rate and somehow gets thrown out when it doesn't get it.
My very strong suspicion is that they are running some frame pacing code that deals with fluctuations very badly (making their impact much worse rather than mitigating it).

Why? Lightning is just running around acting angry. Snow is definitely my fav character.
Holy crap. He's one of the most annoying characters in gaming of all time.

If Snow punched Lighting that would make him more bearable if anything. But he's far too much of a wannabe hero pussy for that.

Light must protect him.

But seriously. He will be the Best SYN and MED

Nooo >.>

Sazh will be my SYN, I'll keep another MED around and it'll be fine... I hope

That was not even intentional.

Anyway, once I get there I'll try to see who my team will be, but I don't know, Hope has been the least helpful out of everyone.

timshundo

As I was replaying, I realized how Lightning really is more of a whiny child than Hope is.
Hope has his reasons and is actually a kid, but Lightning is supposed to be an adult who's a soldier, not a little teenager giving people dramatic cold shoulders. All she needs is to go "HUMPH" and it'll be complete.
worst birthday evur
Her little temper tantrums are ridiculous and it doesn't help that her English localization makes her even worse in this regard. Atleast she has some decency in her OG dialogue.

I will always lament Sazh not being the main character, he's the best.

Sazh's voice acting is the best I've heard ever. Always on point.

CentroXer

Banned

not even close considering Hope is in the same game. Snow cares about protecting everyone even if he is clumsy.

And all-time is pushing it. Steiner from FF9 is worse in terms of being annoying. Cooke and Mack from Lost Odyssey is more annoying also. In terms of non-playable characters, Fi from Zelda SS takes the cake.

HeelPower

If Snow punched Lighting that would make him more bearable if anything. But he's far too much of a wannabe hero pussy for that.

you expect him to punch that ?

tumblr_li1odqjxSH1qhdsido1_500.png

Nooo >.>

Sazh will be my SYN, I'll keep another MED around and it'll be fine... I hope

That was not even intentional.

Anyway, once I get there I'll try to see who my team will be, but I don't know, Hope has been the least helpful out of everyone.

Sazh is a better SYN. FFXIII is a game about speed and efficiency. Offense is always better than defense. Honestly, I don't even use a SYN until post-game when I can level up Lightning and Fang in that role.

Use Vanille. She's sturdier than Hope and is the best SAB.

Durante

not even close considering Hope is in the same game. Snow cares about protecting everyone even if he is clumsy.
Snow is supposed to be in his 20s. Hope is a kid. You can make allowances for the latter acting his age, but not the former acting like a teenager (a particularly stupid one at that).

you expect him to punch that ?

tumblr_li1odqjxSH1qhdsido1_500.png
First time I saw that scene I thought Hope would look at Light's panties.

Sazh is a better SYN. FFXIII is a game about speed and efficiency. Offense is always better than defense. Honestly, I don't even use a SYN until post-game when I can level up Lightning and Fang in that role.

Use Vanille. She's sturdier than Hope and is the best SAB.
Vanille was way more useful than Hope thus far, if she keeps like this I think my team will be either Sazh/Vanille/Light or Sazh/Vanille/Fang (depending on how good she is).

That is basically their relationship until now.

Kuja9001

Banned
My very strong suspicion is that they are running some frame pacing code that deals with fluctuations very badly (making their impact much worse rather than mitigating it).

He's the only one outta a group of people that are homicidal, suicidal, and genocidal that tries to be positive and he's the one that's called a pussy lol.

gogogow

Can someone answer this. I'm in Europe, if I buy FFXIII from GMG and redeem the game on Steam, do I get English and JP voices? Or like it says on GMG's site ROW = English voices only? But on Steam's page it says the JP voices are available?

GMG said:
The following languages are available for this title:

ROW Package: Audio: English, Text: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

Asia Package: Audio: Japanese, Text: English, Japanese, Chinese & Korean text

You will receive the Package that applies to your country of purchase.

Steam said:
The following languages are available for this title:
Audio: English, Japanese
Text: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish

So which one is it? Does GMG get special keys or something?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Can someone answer this. I'm in Europe, if I buy FFXIII from GMG and redeem the game on Steam, do I get English and JP voices? Or like it says on GMG's site ROW = English voices only? But on Steam's page it says the JP voices are available?

So which one is it? Does GMG get special keys or something?

ROW gets English and JP voices.

serahsass

Neo Member
I guess that would make me a pussy, too. Screw wanting to work things out in a reasonable manner. Let's just mindlessly beat the hell out of each other.

In no way does violence make a person more bearable. Sure, at times Snow can come off as a bit obnoxious, but his intentions are good and he seems like a nice person.

Synless

I think it happens when you run out of memory. I got a lot of crashes by trying to play at 8K downsampled. When I lowered the specs it runs no problem.

exactly. Lightning should be trained to not lose her temper so easily. Why does she get upset over snow trying to save serah anyway.
Have you ever been around soldiers, marines, etc? Apparently not, they can fly off the handle just as easy as anyone.

*source* I served.

One of the most beautiful areas in game...
Nb0VEjI.jpg

(I should really start playing with GeDoSaTo...)

Beautiful shot.

Say what you want about the game, but it really is beautiful. I would really like a proper screenshot thread but the demand is probably pretty low.

Port issues aside, are people here liking this game? I still do but damn is it tedious to play for longer than an hour. The structure of the game only warrants a 15 hour game at most imo.

More shots from what I think is THE MOST beautiful area of the game.
Oerba
gtQgTqM.jpg

eTHaaLu.jpg

OcRDvPT.jpg

HyagT6j.jpg

Beautiful shot.

Say what you want about the game, but it really is beautiful. I would really like a proper screenshot thread but the demand is probably pretty low.

Port issues aside, are people here liking this game? I still do but damn is it tedious to play for longer than an hour. The structure of the game only warrants a 15 hour game at most imo.

The meat of the game is in the missions in Pulse. Some of them are real hard and the fun is in getting the party and the equipments ready to challenge those missions. It's actually really exciting to come across hard as fuck foes and then get my ass whooped, just so I can change my party and paradigms for the pay back. It is for me at least...

Raitningz

First time I saw that scene I thought Hope would look at Light's panties.

Vanille was way more useful than Hope thus far, if she keeps like this I think my team will be either Sazh/Vanille/Light or Sazh/Vanille/Fang (depending on how good she is).

That is basically their relationship until now.

She's wearing pants underneath the skirt.

He's just being gentlemanly. He has no problem with using force when he has to.

Have you ever been around soldiers, marines, etc? Apparently not, they can fly off the handle just as easy as anyone.

*source* I served.

Not within the United States armed forces, but I served in my own army too and I too can confirm there is no such thing like anger management training, and people also easily enrage and get rough easily.

Lucael

I honestly didn't find anything wrong with her hitting Snow in the beginning. I can't remember if she hits him again and again later in the game though lol

I agree, Snow is so annoying especially at the beginning, with all that "hero" talk without doing anything right like protecting Serah or trying to free (?) Her from the crystal even if she has been *transformed* into a crystal. Plus some sister jealousy and protective instinct in the mix :p

Top Bottom