• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Aww no you guys! you are killing me with hype!! D:

I can't wait , i will grind like mad everything i see, and i will also break dat printscreen key! do you guys remember the microchus? so cute!!!!!!!! so cute!! :O

rAQoEzr.jpg

And ty Yoshi , there are not enough thanks ! :3

:D Waking up to this... so cute!

TheTux

I thought preloading was an automatic thing for every game release on Steam, didn't know publishers/developers could turn preloading off.

Anyway I bought it on GMG so I'll get the Steam key on release day I guess.

TheTux

I just learned that Steam has a built-in console (yeah I know this is not surprising) and you can actually check if you system requirements are met.

With the following command you'll check if your PC is good enough for FFXIII:
steam://checksysreqs/292120

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just learned that Steam has a built-in console (yeah I know this is not surprising) and you can actually check if you system requirements are met.

"This computer meets the minimum requirements to play Final Fantasy XIII"

:D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
"This computer meets the minimum requirements to play Final Fantasy XIII"

:D

Ditto, although I hoped it would.

Can't wait to see how the port is really, should be pretty decent. I'd hope so anyway.

Sentenza

I don't think it's gonna reach 1mil :p
While not particularly likely, it's entirely possible.
That said, it surely isn't going to happen with pre-orders, which were never a particularly strong trend on Steam.
After all, digital stores are all about compulsive purchases, when you can click "buy" and get the game immediately.
"Buy now and wait few days for it to be available" is nowhere near as tempting.

Arthea

While not particularly likely, it's entirely possible.
That said, it surely isn't going to happen with pre-orders, which were never a particularly strong trend on Steam.
After all, digital stores are all about compulsive purchases, when you can click "buy" and get the game immediately.
"Buy now and wait few days for it to be available" is nowhere near as tempting.

I think it's very likely, steam games sell much longer because of no gen cycles, and more or less no compatibility issues, unless the port is really bad, it can sell years after, especially during sales. I would be very surprised if it never reached 1 mln.

I guess I'm not buying this game. :( Why am I stuck with Japanese audio? I checked steamdb and cross region gifting isn't even allowed so I can't trade for English audio. I hope it's moddable.

syko de4d

Oh
e: personally i highly doubt it'll reach 1mil for a long time. maybe in a couple of years after it's been in every possible sale.

i think by the end of 2015 1mil should be possible. With that price, that many sales till then and the 2 other FFXIII games (maybe even a Trilogy Edition) pushing FFXIII into people minds it should sell many copies.

TheTux

I guess I'm not buying this game. :( Why am I stuck with Japanese audio? I checked steamdb and cross region gifting isn't even allowed so I can't trade for English audio. I hope it's moddable.

Yeah it would be nice to have the option to change the audio.

I believe Square Enix will implement this feature in most of their games from now on, Drakengard 3 has this feature, Lightning Returns has this feature, Type-0 will have this feature. It looks like they understood that we want this option.

Edit 1:
i think by the end of 2015 1mil should be possible. With that price, that many sales till then and the 2 other FFXIII games (maybe even a Trilogy Edition) pushing FFXIII into people minds it should sell many copies.

Trilogy Bundle will definitely happen in 2015.

Edit 2:
By the way what happens if you buy, for example, XIII now and then you buy the trilogy bundle. Do you get a XIII key to gift away? Anyone has bought, for example, Bioshock 2 and then the bundle? Did you get a Bioshock 2 key?

Or is this a question for the Steam thread?

ConceptX

Yeah it would be nice to have the option to change the audio.

I believe Square Enix will implement this feature in most of their games from now on, Drakengard 3 has this feature, Lightning Returns has this feature, Type-0 will have this feature. It looks like they understood that we want this option.

Edit 1:

Trilogy Bundle will definitely happen in 2015.

Edit 2:
By the way what happens if you buy, for example, XIII now and then you buy the trilogy bundle. Do you get a XIII key to gift away? Anyone has bought, for example, Bioshock 2 and then the bundle? Did you get a Bioshock 2 key?

Or is this a question for the Steam thread?

Well Square Enix currently has big sales on Eidos products etc on Steam (By that I mean Steam codes on their own website not actually sale prices on Steam itself) which may of finished now.

But, they had things like Tomb Raider Collection, or Eidos Anthology etc, and in the FAQ they answered the question "If I already have one of the games, can I gift the key" with a firm "no".

So, going off that, I'd assume if you buy the future 13 bundle, you won't, but of course it could change, the bundle will likely be cheaper to buy all 3 than the 2 you miss anyway tbh, though a gift key would be nice.

Here:
https://store.eu.square-enix.com/emea_uk/games/pc-windows-download/Eidos-Anthology.php
If I already own some of the titles, can I gift these through Steam?
- No. Games you already own will not be available to gift within Steam

On the will it reach 1 million steam sales, I think yes, it's been high up on Steam charts for a while, and is still in a respectable place, especially when it's based on sale amount for such a low priced game, it's also been high up on Humble Store sales the entire time they have had it etc, give it a few steam sales/christmas sale etc, and I'm sure it will reach a million easy.

I hope it has Steam Trading Cards, it has achievements but no cards listed, 3 and 4 do have cards, (iirc one of them got updated with cards rather than released with cards, not sure) 7 and 8 don't, I've got a little addiction to badges of late and would like some FF13 backgrounds and emoticons...

BasilZero

Hmmm it always shows "Minimum system requirements met" even for a old 2D game such as Duke Nukem from the early 1990s o_O

Looks like it will not tell you if you meet the recommended :(

TheTux

Well Square Enix currently has big sales on Eidos products etc on Steam [...]

But, they had things like Tomb Raider Collection, or Eidos Anthology etc, and in the FAQ they answered the question "If I already have one of the games, can I gift the key" with a firm "no".

[...]

I hope it has Steam Trading Cards, it has achievements but no cards listed, 3 and 4 do have cards, (iirc one of them got updated with cards rather than released with cards, not sure) 7 and 8 don't, I've got a little addiction to badges of late and would like some FF13 backgrounds and emoticons...

Thanks for your answer. If you buy from their store and get a Steam Key for each game then you actually CAN give the key away. If there's only one key for the whole bundle then you can't (and I assume this is the case but I was actually talking about Steam bundles, not SQEX store bundles).

It's been confirmed that the game will have Steam Cards (on SQEX blog) and Achievements (on the Steam Store page).

I just hope that the Steam Cards will be good, not like FFIV. FFIV really has some terrible cards (The Gathering, Cecil, Yang, Airship, Kain, Edge, Rubicante)... seriously? One random card, 4 playable characters, the airship and one cool boss? Why no Rydia and Rosa for example?

Yoshichan

Wait, this game will have Steam cards?

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Please don't be locked at 720p 30FPS.

I don't care if their are no new graphical enhancements. I just want to run the game at 1080p 60 FPS with AA and AF.

The_Monk

Can't wait to share my journey with some screenshots along with some quotes. I do this with some games (I did it with Dark Souls, Valiant Hearts, etc) and in the end it's nice to see the progress right from the start. It may be silly for some but it's something I like to do as I play some Steam games.

I'm guessing that making often use of the paradigm system is mandatory, correct? Hope I can manage it. :)

Can't wait to see this on PC, it seems it's not a big demanding game so that's good for me, hope it will be 1080p and as for the frame-rate let's see if we can get it at 60FPS. I'm also curious to see XIII-2 on PC but that one will have to wait.

legacyzero

Banned
Considering the great Steam sales, it definitely will.
Then XIII-4 please!
Please GOD no, let it die. It's bad enough im buying THIS game to reward SE for paying attention to PC. This horrible series of games need to be laid to rest, and all focus be placed on XV.

Please don't be locked at 720p 30FPS.

I don't care if their are no new graphical enhancements. I just want to run the game at 1080p 60 FPS with AA and AF.
Isnt SE pretty decent with ports, though? I highly doubt they did much graphically, but resolution wise, i hope they paid good attention to that.

We could always put up the Durante signal, but im willing to bet that UI would be a huge mess.

Higher resolutions would be cool though, for us downsamplers.

Yoshichan

they initially forgot to add the controller support notation as well.
Wait, what does this mean? I won't be able to play with the controller?

Please GOD no, let it die. It's bad enough im buying THIS game to reward SE for paying attention to PC. This horrible series of games need to be laid to rest, and all focus be placed on XV.

This, though I'm hoping at some point Squeenix will take a look back and maybe make 16 more of a traditional fantasy affair. I miss settings like FF1-5's. Even something a bit more steam punky like FF6-7/9 would be nice too.

The_Monk

Grief is talking about those little Icons that appear stating weather the game have Achievements or not as well controller support, etc. When the game appeared on Steam there was no mention on controller support on said icons but now it's there.

Same might happen regarding the Steam cards. While there is no icon right now mentioning it, they might update and put the icon there making sure the game will support those. ;)

Grief.exe

Grief is talking about those little Icons that appear stating weather the game have Achievements or not as well controller support, etc. When the game appeared on Steam there was no mention on controller support on said icons but now it's there.

Same might happen regarding the Steam cards. While there is no icon right now mentioning it, they might update and put the icon there making sure the game will support those. ;)

He meant the little icon indicating controller support on the steam store page.

You can still play with a controller.

It even recommends using an Xinput controller right in the requirements section.
I will be using a DS4.

As Monk and Muntu said, my point was to just draw attention to Square's prior oversights.

Yoshichan

TOO MUCH HYPE!!!!!

MayMay

Banned
I hope we'll get the nice PS3 CGI Cutscenes - and not the ugly ones from the Xbox 360 Version that are full of compression artifacts and not nice to look at..

Eyothrie

I haven't been following this in about a week. Do we have any new info? I am wondering about the game's graphics options

I haven't played a FF game since FFX, and have literally zero interest in the titles anymore. Is this genuinely worth playing? Or should I not bother?

kick51

Banned
I haven't played a FF game since FFX, and have literally zero interest in the titles anymore. Is this genuinely worth playing? Or should I not bother?

doesn't sound like you'd enjoy it. If you want something pretty with good music and a good battle system, go for it.

Top Bottom