• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

TheTux

I am looking at Gran Pulse screenies and my heart! D: i wanna fight all the things!!
hya2Vdc.jpg

Do you guys have any nice res Gran Pulse screenies? all i can find are small ones :(

I hope there is a FFXIII screenshot thingy going on in NeoGAF when the game releases :)

EDIT: AHhHHHhHhhHHhhhh bad hype! bad! D:

I still believe that their choice of images for the Steam page is very bad. They could have chosen better images, much better images, like the one you posted for example.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I still believe that their choice of images for the Steam page is very bad. They could have chosen better images, much better images, like the one you posted for example.

Their all CG trailer isn't good either. It's not 1997 anymore. Show some actual gameplay.

TheTux

Their all CG trailer isn't good either. It's not 1997 anymore. Show some actual gameplay.

Indeed, that's why they haven't used only CGI trailer images, they chose to use some terrible battle images (Lightning on Odin, Fang jumping on Bahamut).

Only the last 2 pictures are CG actually.

I really hope someone figures out how to patch in JP audio.

It would be difficult to import the JP audio and the libsyncing. I guess it would be easier to just download the japanese version and play it with english text.

played the game at release on PS3, I was very excited to finally get my hands on that one. Wishing you guys a good time with FFXIII, it has an enjoyable battlesystem and beautiful music.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't think I can wait any longer... Feel like just saying fuck it and start playing PS3 FFXIII :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow. On the phone and that gif might as well be taken straight out of a current gen game.

dsk1210

I am definitely picking this up, although I will hold on till people have it and find out how good the port is, don't be locked at 30fps please.

Will be well worth the money if the port is of a good standard.

golem09

Neo Member
I had a really weird relationship with this game...
Fist I hated it, then once you could choose your party I loved it, but then I hurried to the end to immediatly play XIII-2. So I skipped all the optional stuff on Gran Pulse which I had actually been in the mood for, and I'm really looking forward to playing it properly this time around. Like the Yashas Massif music already.

naeS

This will be my first time playing it. Waiting for pre-load. Buying the games on PS3 too just because I'm sure I'll like it and I like the physical copies. And they are pretty cheap.

Durante

FF13 had many issues, but the graphics were none of them. It's a really great looking game.
The only graphical issues with FF13 were IQ-related. In particular, transparency dithering and a total lack of AF. That's why I bought the port day one, because it should be amazingly beautiful with the right IQ.

Was playing this just last night and went through chapter 12 again. The boss fights against
Rosch's Proud Clod
are the high points of the game for me. Not only did it look incredible, but it was also really satisfying and challenging.

Also, people should know about the "annoy the playable character trick". If you move the character around wildly in all directions they will start doing special animations to show they are irritated with what you are doing. Each character has 2 unique animations of annoyance with the player.

You can also pan the camera closely onto a character's face and move their eyeballs around. It's a detail that was totally missing from the 2 sequels.

Really? I think seeing the sight of the T. Tower after the emerging from that tunnel is still one of the most visually impressive moments in FF. The music sells it too.

Yup, best single moment of the whole Trilogy for me. Taejin's Tower. Incredible sight, design, atmosphere and music.

Lagamorph

I'll probably double dip on this when it drops under a fiver in a Steam sale, but not before.
I also need to get around to finishing Lightning Returns....

Yoshichan

2 days, 11 hours... my god, I can't wait T_T

thuway

I am salivating at the thought of community high resolution texture mods for a Final Fantasy game. Can you imagine if the cutscenes model became the default LOD model?

HowZatOZ

Banned
Mordor opened the floodgates, now I've got that, Alien, FF, Evil Within, Lords of the Fallen and countless others to play. My life is gone.

Yoshichan

Yeah I'm content with FFXIII, Driveclub and Lords of the Fallen this month :D Too bad Driveclub comes one day after FFXIII ;(

So, this may have been answered at some point, but I can't recall.

Is Durante on station in the event that this port is lacking on some things?

I mean, the key-binding options give me *some* confidence we'll have graphics options, but I can't be too sure.

Top Bottom