• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

ConceptX

I haven't played a FF game since FFX, and have literally zero interest in the titles anymore. Is this genuinely worth playing? Or should I not bother?

Well if you really do have zero interest in Final Fantasy titles then, no, it would be a waste of money.

However, the value of money is vastly different for every person, but the way I'm treating this PC release is: "For the price, buy it."

But to me, it's slightly more expensive than a pack of cigarettes, so I wouldn't feel "robbed" or anything if it's a mediocre port or by the content of the game itself, but of course everyone sees it differently and sees value by different metrics and so on.

If it was a full price or mid price release, I wouldn't recommend it at all, the price was a damn good move on Square Enix's part.

Edit: It's been getting a lot of coverage, greenman currently has a full page advert for it, humble has had it at the top of it's store most days since pre order, and at least here in the UK, it's stayed in the top 20-40 on Steam after holding #1 for a while, SE must be pleased. I hope it really does encourage more JRPG's, by all studios, on PC.

I just learned that Steam has a built-in console (yeah I know this is not surprising) and you can actually check if you system requirements are met.

With the following command you'll check if your PC is good enough for FFXIII:
steam://checksysreqs/292120

This literally floored me. How have I not known about this? holy shit lol.

LuuKyK

4 DAYS LEFT YOU FOOLZ

ctKoWwO.jpg

bzvBdrk.jpg

Fang. <3

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
T...Try playing the game.
I... I THOUGHT I WAS PLAYING THE GAME... BUT I WAS PLAYING WITH THE WRONG CONTROLLER ALL ALONG...

THE GAME IS PLAYING ITSELF JOHN...

THE GAME IS PLAYING ITSELF JOHN...!

TheTux

I... I THOUGHT I WAS PLAYING THE GAME... BUT I WAS PLAYING WITH THE WRONG CONTROLLER ALL ALONG...

THE GAME IS PLAYING ITSELF JOHN...

THE GAME IS PLAYING ITSELF JOHN...!

UUHH

ARGHHHHHHHHh

AAAGHUGHEGEHUgr

WHGIWHIEWHIEWHgwe REOGJGOERJO

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Am I supposed to laugh at that or something?
Yeah, it's an old thing at this point but that made me laugh to the point where I almost peed my pants :p

edit: it's the exaggerated facial emotions... the repeated gameplay footage... the stupidly zoomed in camera during the last part... all of this makes this very funny to watch :lol

Edgeward

I was never able to finish this on ps3. I enjoyed what little I played but games came in and it became harder and harder to justify going back especially when I knew the time commitment involved. So this seems like a really perfect chance to play this on PC with prettier graphics and putting this on my SSD for fast loading. The optimum experience.

Beren

I am looking at Gran Pulse screenies and my heart! D: i wanna fight all the things!!
hya2Vdc.jpg

Do you guys have any nice res Gran Pulse screenies? all i can find are small ones :(

I hope there is a FFXIII screenshot thingy going on in NeoGAF when the game releases :)

EDIT: AHhHHHhHhhHHhhhh bad hype! bad! D:

legacyzero

Banned
I am looking at Gran Pulse screenies and my heart! D: i wanna fight all the things!!
http://i.imgur.com/hya2Vdc.jpg?1[/IMG
Do you guys have any nice res Gran Pulse screenies? all i can find are small ones :(

I hope there is a FFXIII screenshot thingy going on in NeoGAF when the game releases :)[/QUOTE]
Oh I'm sure PC Screenshot GAF will be on it.

HeelPower

hya2Vdc.jpg

I hope there is a FFXIII screenshot thingy going on in NeoGAF when the game releases :)

Gran Pulse is breathtaking...this PC release will finally show case it hopefully.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
So much silence has me worried the resolution and framerate will be locked.

Early concept of Sazh:

His brand seems to be in the same spot though.

They went from that, to the minstrel show. Huh, strange decision.

komorebi

This game is basically a Fang drooling simulator with one of the best battle systems in the series (if not the best), mind blowing graphics, cut scenes, very imaginative art design, an incredible world and setting that you unfortunately get tourguided through without ever being able to really explore (speaking more of Cocoon rather than Pulse), characters that whine to the point of wanting to punch each and every one
to a bloody pulp in the case of Hope
, and it has one of the greatest RPG soundtracks of all time.

All of this combines into a game you feel like you witness and enjoy in disjointed parts rather than a unified experience.

I still enjoyed it and its something everyone should play once to enjoy for what it is. It could have been better but if one combines all three games they can sort of pick and choose and piece together a masterpiece that stands with the best of the series. In theory.

With that said I personally think XIII-2 is better in the gameplay department. Story is even more of a mess but the music is just as good.

Toth

Gran Pulse was pretty boring after the initial shock. Yaschas Massif was incredible, though. The land formations were pretty awesome.

Really? I think seeing the sight of the T. Tower after the emerging from that tunnel is still one of the most visually impressive moments in FF. The music sells it too.

Falk

that puzzling face
I dunno about the initial shock thing. Finding you you can fight and defeat everything you see was a constant stream of 'holy shit'.

wmlk

I dunno about the initial shock thing. Finding you you can fight and defeat everything you see was a constant stream of 'holy shit'.

I guess at the Gran Pulse, what you see is what you get. Nothing at the Archylte Steppe was really surprising since it was literally a huge field. The Yaschas Massif was a totally optional area that had different routes and was just amazing to see. First and only feeling of exploration in FFXIII.

It also had this playing the entire time. Favourite track in the OST along with Sulyya Springs and Dust to Dust.

FF13_Datalog_Yaschas.png

HeelPower

he would look better, but would look even more older than Serah
I don't like the exposed chest but then I hate snow's beanie :/

Also older then serah would make the relationship even more ridiculous lol
Gran Pulse was pretty boring after the initial shock. Yaschas Massif was incredible, though. The land formations were pretty awesome.

When I say gran pulse usually I mean the whole area.(from the Steppes to Oerba including everything optional)

imo the entirety of it was something truly an amazing experience.

Really? I think seeing the sight of the T. Tower after the emerging from that tunnel is still one of the most visually impressive moments in FF. The music sells it too.

That too.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I just learned that Steam has a built-in console (yeah I know this is not surprising) and you can actually check if you system requirements are met.

With the following command you'll check if your PC is good enough for FFXIII:
steam://checksysreqs/292120
I can't do this on the steam beta, damn it all!

edit; Oh wait, just threw it in the browser and opened it in Steam, it works.

Top Bottom