• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

ff13story2.jpg

When your characters use magic, they draw spells from their brand and proceed to fire them at their opponent, much in the same way they summon their eidolith.

This can be seen in battle. So those that don't remember or are playing for the first time, keep an eye on it as you fight since their brands are in different spots.

HeelPower

ff13story2.jpg

When your characters use magic, they draw spells from their brand and proceed to fire them at their opponent, much in the same way they summon their eidolith.

This can be seen in battle. So those that don't remember or are playing for the first time, keep an eye on it as you fight since their brands are in different spots.

Awesome detail.

I also find the fact that vanille starts out with 3 ATB segments is a really neat way of foreshadowing that was already a L'cie before meeting the party

One of the great things about this game is a that they made everyone's animations unique.

Late in the game
, at the tower, you can see that they all have a different animation for the elevator switch.
Another one is a different animation for when you're idle on a chocobo.

I wish I could read japanese to read all over what was people's opinions on XIII over there.

You have SEs amazingly small polls that show that most people like Lightning, then you have the people who just hate XIII and say Japan is like that as well, without any evidence whatsoever...

And then you have people literally doing the cast haircuts (looks pretty cool btw).

So far they haven't made an announcement for the PC version being delayed.
It most likely is just for the Dive-in service since it has been reported that the streaming wasn't working well when they demoed it

Wasn't that at TGS? isn't super hard to get decent internet for streaming during events like that?

Anyway, it probably won't delay the steam version, since there's no reason for that.

Raitningz

I wish I could read japanese to read all over what was people's opinions on XIII over there.

You have SEs amazingly small polls that show that most people like Lightning, then you have the people who just hate XIII and say Japan is like that as well, without any evidence whatsoever...

And then you have people literally doing the cast haircuts (looks pretty cool btw).

Wasn't that at TGS? isn't super hard to get decent internet for streaming during events like that?

Anyway, it probably won't delay the steam version, since there's no reason for that.

To be honest, they DO say the same things as us, including "TORIYAMA! NOT AGAIN", and many of the "old FF fans" do not like XIII.

And Yuna won last year by almost twice Lightning's votes, just right before the release of X/X-2 HD. It makes me suspect SE rigs them according to the next product that is being released. One year of marketing Lightning Returns, and just right after LR's release, Yuna wins by twice the votes from 2013 -> 2014? Come on...

tumblr_inline_mxwbopWN4a1qg79sa.jpg

Hmm, or maybe it could be that the polls were held at different websites. I truly wonder. But one thing we know for sure, she's not universally loved there.

Falk

that puzzling face
Maybe DiveIn testing involves releasing Steam version into the wild to see if anything breaks (outside of bizarre hardware setups, of course)

cafemomo

aight, like I promised, I'll be giving away another copy of XIII (this time for steam)

My favorite FF titles are VI, VIII, X, XIII and Crystal Chronicles.

PM me your experiences/stories with one of those titles above and I'll choose one that I like the most on this Thursday by 3PM CST

To be honest, they DO say the same things as us, including "TORIYAMA! NOT AGAIN", and many of the "old FF fans" do not like XIII.

And Yuna won last year by almost twice Lightning's votes, just right before the release of X/X-2 HD. It makes me suspect SE rigs them according to the next product that is being released.

Well, it's kinda obvious that they rig it.

But is it like here? XIII caused people to overreact to everything SE does today? Is it like a mortal sin to mention Lightning's name over there as well?

That's the stuff I wanted to know. FFX HD sold more than LR, so that shows something... But hey, maybe most of the people who bought LR actually liked the previous 2 titles and so talking about it is fine.

This reminds me of the DoCoMo polls (I think it was DoCoMo), where they put a machine in the middle of a shopping center, and if you vote for DoCoMo as the best phone operator you get a free recharge.

Raitningz

Well, it's kinda obvious that they rig it.

But is it like here? XIII caused people to overreact to everything SE does today? Is it like a mortal sin to mention Lightning's name over there as well?

That's the stuff I wanted to know. FFX HD sold more than LR, so that shows something... But hey, maybe most of the people who bought LR actually liked the previous 2 titles and so talking about it is fine.

This reminds me of the DoCoMo polls (I think it was DoCoMo), where they put a machine in the middle of a shopping center, and if you vote for DoCoMo as the best phone operator you get a free recharge.

Of course not, culturally they show more respect of each other's opinions. They just don't universally love Lightning, unlike some XIII fans think.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think my favorite reaction from the JP community to anything in the trilogy has to be when Leta got to the end of XIII-2 on Twitch.

There was silence on the stream

followed by

TORIYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Too bad Twitch nuked VODs. Lost to the ether. :(

Of course not, culturally they show more respect of each other's opinions. They just don't universally love Lightning, unlike some XIII fans think.

Yeah, I suppose. Universally loved I'm pretty sure it happens nowhere, but idk, there's a pretty decent amount of stuff XIII-related that came from Japan, so I was wondering...

Once I get my position as the director of the next Final Fantasy game I'll make an honest poll to see what people thought of her.

XD

@Falk, was that an approval scream or a f you scream? (I'm guessing the latter, since I think I know what it is).

Raitningz

Yeah, I suppose. Universally loved I'm pretty sure it happens nowhere, but idk, there's a pretty decent amount of stuff XIII-related that came from Japan, so I was wondering...

Once I get my position as the director of the next Final Fantasy game I'll make an honest poll to see what people thought of her.

XD

@Falk, was that an approval scream or a f you scream? (I'm guessing the latter, since I think I know what it is).

In that case, please introduce me as a character
and make LightningxMe canon

I... I don't know, actually. I've seen some people being thankful to "Toriyama-sama". But judging by how Falk dragged it, it's probably the latter.

Just to keep the ball rolling, I reached a new milestone - 100GB< ! :

Oh, and by the way, she certainly has her share of fans in Japan, online in FFXIV at least. I used to play FFXIV: ARR on a Japanese server, my character was called Lightning Farron and she looked like that:

MAj1xAN.png

I would attract a lot of attention when I idled somewhere:
cm2g05p.png

People would PM me, chase me, saying "It's raito-san! Wait, I'm a fan!"
Qr4O41g.png

Happens often, too.
Oj7cANQ.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TWO DAYS TILL I GET THE REEXPERIENCE HEAVEN

Mendrox

I think my favorite reaction from the JP community to anything in the trilogy has to be when Leta got to the end of XIII-2 on Twitch.

There was silence on the stream

followed by

TORIYAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Too bad Twitch nuked VODs. Lost to the ether. :(

Haha I remember that too. It was too hilarious. :) Any vids of that? I searched forever, but never found that reaction on youtube sadly.

In that case, please introduce me as a character
and make LightningxMe canon

I... I don't know, actually. I've seen some people being thankful to "Toriyama-sama". But judging by how Falk dragged it, it's probably the latter.

Just to keep the ball rolling, I reached a new milestone - 100GB< ! :

Oh, and by the way, she certainly has her share of fans in Japan, online in FFXIV at least. I used to play FFXIV: ARR on a Japanese server, my character was called Lightning Farron and she looked like that:

I would attract a lot of attention when I idled somewhere:

People would PM me, chase me, saying "It's raito-san! Wait, I'm a fan!"

Happens often, too.

I'll try to do that (raitoningu x raitoninguzu, everyone will understand, no problem) =P

Is that 100gb of nothing but FFXIII pictures? Like, is there even THAT much stuff?

Also, wow, that's pretty cool, didn't know you could RP FF characters in XIV so well like this. Love seeing that XIII is not the hate magnet that it is here, gives me more hope for the game.

Thanks for showing that stuff, it helped me see a little better how people treat XIII.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
YAY! 6/6 copies gifted :D

Enjoy ya'll!

Raitningz

I'll try to do that (raitoningu x raitoninguzu, everyone will understand, no problem) =P

Is that 100gb of nothing but FFXIII pictures? Like, is there even THAT much stuff?

Also, wow, that's pretty cool, didn't know you could RP FF characters in XIV so well like this. Love seeing that XIII is not the hate magnet that it is here, gives me more hope for the game.

Thanks for showing that stuff, it helped me see a little better how people treat XIII.

Not XIII, mostly Lightning stuff. I won't save it if there's no Lightning in it. Fanart, Doujins, Fanfiction, whole playthroughs(one per game), cinematics in both JP and EN, I save everything. I do weekly hoarding. Plus my own stuff too. I'm gonna need a seperate hard disk for this soon...

I didn't exactly RP Lightning, I just tried to look like her. Did not expect fans to act this way, and since they did, I guess I wouldn't be mean and say "lol RP" either

golem09

Neo Member
So, when is the preload supposed to hit?
Shouldn't it have been here 25 minute agoif at all?
Guess that means no FF13 for me til saturday...

Not XIII, mostly Lightning stuff. I won't save it if there's no Lightning in it. Fanart, Doujins, Fanfiction, whole playthroughs(one per game), cinematics in both JP and EN, I save everything. I do weekly hoarding. Plus my own stuff too. I'm gonna need a seperate hard disk for this soon...

I didn't exactly RP Lightning, I just tried to look like her. Did not expect fans to act this way, and since they did, I guess I wouldn't be mean and say "lol RP" either

I see, 100gb would be too much for pics only, but that's still a lot. Nice dedication to Lightning =P
You should post more of your stuff here, it's always cool to see fanart.

Anyway, RPing or not, you got everything, from the characters looks to the name (I'm assuming your name was Lightning Farron and not lightn1ing_f4rronXIII), so that means that at least they're giving the RP material for people. That's cool.

cafemomo

lil reminder for those who still want a XIII steam copy

aight, like I promised, I'll be giving away another copy of XIII (this time for steam)

PM me your experiences/stories with one of those titles above and I'll choose one that I like the most on this Thursday by 3PM CST

Yoshichan

You're awesome suppa!!

So, any footage of this game yet? I think it's worth the $15 entry price just to find out how Square handles a PC port (that isn't Final Fantasy 7).

Yoshichan

iboYLJaYO4Ogch.png

I know, cheap of me to use the same picture and layout as my previous giveaway but I'm in the middle of something here and can't really do something special for this giveaway! Sorry ya'll!

It's weird... I'm actually a little hyped for this. Really curious to see how competent of a port it is and whether or not it's fixable if it's bad.

Top Bottom