• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Raitningz

aight, like I promised, I'll be giving away another copy of XIII (this time for steam)

My favorite FF titles are VI, VIII, X, XIII and Crystal Chronicles.

PM me your experiences/stories with one of those titles above and I'll choose one that I like the most on this Thursday by 3PM CST

Just to keep it on a new page, remember to PM suppa if you want a win a copy!

(Thanks suppa)

Huh, this is strange. On the game's Steam page, the minimum hard drive space requirement has jumped from 30 GB to 60 GB. Hopefully this means better textures, however unlikely that is.

Nethaniah

Some people thinking the 60gb indicates that we will get both languages, people really are hopeful aren't they.

Edit: Wait, why does it say DX11 in the recommended requirements? Does this mean we'll get both a DX9 and DX11 renderer? FFS SE gives us some information.

Whaaaaat

Well, there goes worries about compressed videos I suppose.

But like, that is a lot, are they leaving all the dummy files from the PS3 version in?

Thank god I still have 67gb free on my HD...

I need to delete stuff from my computer.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys! Remember to PM suppadoopa and NOT ME regarding the giveaway!

Haha, sorry for the confusion ya'll!

It's Type-0 quality of port, made by Hexadrive, with remixed soundtrack and more castles to explore. And they are also transforming all the corridors into explorable areas so you can explore the entirety of Gran Pulse.

Believe.

MayMay

Banned
60GB? Now thats just an asshole move, giving us no pre-load I mean. Its gonna take me years to download that

As a comparison, the Japanese PS3 Version is 39,4GB large. So maybe we'll get better textures or something? Also, fun fact -. 32GB of the 39GB are CGI Cutscenes on the Blu-Ray of the PS3 Version lol so the 30GB requirement wouldnt have made sense in the first place.

aravuus

60GB? Pfft, shouldn't even take two hours to download!

It is pretty massive though, probably the biggest game I've ever had on my PC

MayMay

Banned
I wonder if 60GB means dual audio?

I'm not sure about that, Id LOVE that to happen - but it's probably not happening. The International CGI Cutscenes and the Japanese ones are different (due to lipsyncing) - and they're already larger than 30GB. So having both versions + both versions of the game would push it to somewhere around 75-80GB.

I think, thats speculation on my part. Of course - that only applies if we get the uncompressed PS3 cutscenes. The Xbox ones are less than half the size of that, but then 60GB would be too large - even for Dual Audio...

Zalusithix

Somehow I don't think so.

Quite possible to have 40TB of HDD space these days (4+ TB drives). Totally impractical to use said space for gaming though. Pretty much any serious gaming rig these days will be using SSDs, and even the largest SSD is rather easy to fill with games.

what's a pc gamer, how do i qualify as one

By having 10 4TB HDDs.

Quite possible to have 40TB of HDD space these days (4+ TB drives). Totally impractical to use said space for gaming though. Pretty much any serious gaming rig these days will be using SSDs, and even the largest SSD is rather easy to fill with games.

I know it's possible, but c'mon. I have 8TB and most people consider that extremely excessive.

LuuKyK

are you people not typically PC gamers? (or using SSD for games?)

everyone I know who is PC primarily has like 40 terabytes of HDD space at all times

Nope. I mainly play on consoles/portables. Only use my PC to catch some Steam discounts during sales and play some MMOs I like now and then (Marvel Heroes now).

Also, my PC has shared HDD for bootcamp, so I have even less space than usual. Something like 200GB tops.

Dammit, I will have to uninstall a shitload of things for this to work. :lol

I would be pretty happy if the 60gb meant dual audio, but I doubt it because the steam page still keeps up the region warning.

I want to get hype but the 60gb is probably indeed just unpack data or whatever :<

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
60GB? I'm fine.

*This is totally not a show off post because I have 7TB of hard drive space total and 100mb Virgin Media internet*

Sorry. Seriously though for such a big game there should be a pre-load, even if it was "only" 30GB. I hope the extra size results in very very high res FMV.

Top Bottom