• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Durante

Will you be getting this game?

capture3cqmq.png

Nethaniah

Good to see so many people interested in this.

Awful to see so many in tears in a day and a half.

I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if it's about the game quality: I also own it on PS3. I bought it on PC to take screenshots, I doubt it will disappoint me in that regard :p

I bought it because i couldn't force myself to play through the awful looking and performing X360 version, good chance i just spend 10 more bucks on a version of similar quality.

Durante

Good to see so many people interested in this.

Awful to see so many in tears in a day and a half.
I'm not sure what you mean by that, but if it's about the game quality: I also own it on PS3. I bought it on PC to take screenshots, I doubt it will disappoint me in that regard :p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What happened in here?!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You don't know Square

They shall disable screenshot features and everytime you try to open the game with Fraps the game crashes, and if you try to simply use the print screen button you only get a picture of Lightning marrying Noctis.

60 GB huh?

Well with my 2MB/s connection I might swell make this my new steam avatar until it's done

waiting-the-coffee-to-get-colder_245.gif
sub-1MB/s here =P

It'll be a long week for me.

Durante

You don't know Square

They shall disable screenshot features and everytime you try to open the game with Fraps the game crashes, and if you try to simply use the print screen button you only get a picture of Lightning marrying Noctis.
Pah! I'll rip that high-res framebuffer from their cold, dead fingers! Or the game's. Whatever, the metaphor doesn't stretch that far.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The game's size is twice as big? Does that mean they made the prerendered cut-scenes twice as good quality wise? :p

_woLf

That 60GB requirement has GOT to be a typo.

That, or they're hiding something. Maybe that's the estimate for the entire trilogy..?

Amano for the pretty art
Nomura for the style
Inomata for charm
Kamikokuryo for background.... =P (jk, it's good as well)

Pah! I'll rip that high-res framebuffer from their cold, dead fingers! Or the game's. Whatever, the metaphor doesn't stretch that far.

SE's love for Lightning vs Durante...

I wonder who would win.

Gbraga

Does the fact that they require DX9 but recommend DX11 means that, even if the DX11 implementation is negligible, it's very unlikely that we're not even getting framerate and resolution options?

Nzyme32

That's interesting.

Does 60GB make it the largest game on Steam?
(That's a JaseC question I guess)

If it is 60GB, it looks like buying the game for my birthday was pointless. I better go ahead and declare birthday postponed till the day after! It'll be worth it though

Durante

Does the fact that they require DX9 but recommend DX11 means that, even if the DX11 implementation is negligible, it's very unlikely that we're not even getting framerate and resolution options?
Not really, no. The API choice is pretty orthogonal to that.

FWIW, I'd be really (positively!) surprised if the game ships with 2 renderers. It wouldn't be the first time a game "recommends" DX11 even though it only has a DX9 renderer.

TheTux

60GB now? Now I'm hoping for dual language even if it would be weird after they already announced the different game versions.

Edit: I seriously wonder why 30 more GB though.

Omega

Banned
60GB? what the

thank you based square. for some reason, despite 100% this on both consoles I preordered this. this put me over the edge to cancel

It's possible that 60 GB requirement is for how much free space is recommended/required before installing the actual game (which itself could be smaller in size ex. 30-40 GB).

UnrealEck

If it's 60GB surely there's some nice high res stuff in there. I can't think of any other reason. I doubt there's any new content.

It's possible that 60 GB requirement is for how much free space is recommended/required before installing the actual game (which itself could be smaller in size ex. 30-40 GB).

Yes this could be it. Probably space for decompression.

Nethaniah

If it's 60GB surely there's some nice high res stuff in there. I can't think of any other reason. I doubt there's any new content.

Yes this could be it. Probably space for decompression.

It's Type-0 quality of port, made by Hexadrive, with remixed soundtrack and more castles to explore. And they are also transforming all the corridors into explorable areas so you can explore the entirety of Gran Pulse.

Believe.

B-b-believe!

Dinda

Wut 60GB?

Surely the Game will only be 30 and we will download an encrypeted version and only need 60 for the unpack? Like it works on PS3. That's probably something Square would do, just because.

Having said that, i would gladly accept 60GB for High Res Textures and dual Audio.

TheTux

Well they already announced that there are 2 different versions and no language option so it's probably decrompression requirements.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
60GB? That's a 17 hour download for me gotdamn Square where's the preload?

They better e throwing the JP audio tracks in there.

1TB SSD was the best investment I ever made.

Hell yeah my 960GB Crucial M500 is always in "fuck it, why not" mode.

Dr Dogg

Hmmm lets see. My useless 400~ Kbps internet connection to download a 60GB install would take.... 34 hours!!!

That better be unpacked and installed size.

Top Bottom