• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

friz898

Ok, so higher res and that's it right?

Don't get me wrong, I bought it day 1 and beat it already (and 13-2), but just checking. I will buy this for Steam for the higher resolution, just curious if I get anything else.

Ok, so higher res and that's it right?

Don't get me wrong, I bought it day 1 and beat it already (and 13-2), but just checking. I will buy this for Steam for the higher resolution, just curious if I get anything else.

We don't even know if there will be higher res =P

We know nothing of nothing about this port whatsoever.

friz898

We don't even know if there will be higher res =P

We know nothing of nothing about this port whatsoever.

Well I haven't been following this thread daily, but I thought at the beginning of this thread that people were posting high-res pics from the PC version?

No?

What gets me is that unlock time. A midnight release (At least for my timezone) would be 32 hours from now, yet Steam's approximate unlock time is in a whopping 43 hours.

Is it seriously not going to unlock until 12PM on Thursday instead of 12AM? Or is it just Steam screwing with me? Last game I preordered on Steam was CSGO, and "release time" was more like "When we lift the two-week sale we've had since open beta", so I can't entirely recall if unlock time listed on the store is 1:1 accurate or just simply approximation.

LuuKyK

Just checked and I actually have enough space for the game. :lol Also, I just recently updated my internet connection speed, so I am good, I think. Whew.

Well I haven't been following this thread daily, but I thought at the beginning of this thread that people were posting high-res pics from the PC version?

No?
The only pics we have so far are for the K&M configuration and the controller configuration

The pics on Steam are from the PS3 version. So are all the other pics in here.

idk if the K&M and controller pics are at a higher res though.

What gets me is that unlock time. A midnight release (At least for my timezone) would be 32 hours from now, yet Steam's approximate unlock time is in a whopping 43 hours.

Is it seriously not going to unlock until 12PM on Thursday instead of 12AM? Or is it just Steam screwing with me? Last game I preordered on Steam was CSGO, and "release time" was more like "When we lift the two-week sale we've had since open beta", so I can't entirely recall if unlock time listed on the store is 1:1 accurate or just simply approximation.

Maybe they messed up their timezones?

Grief.exe

Always take Steam unlock times with a grain of salt.

Developers can push the release through the database at any point, and can be set up incorrectly.

TheTux

Always take Steam unlock times with a grain of salt.

Developers can push the release through the database at any point, and can be set up incorrectly.

Doubt they'll move it/made a mistake. They said the game was gonna be released on Oct 9 in official posts too.

Arthea

Hmmm lets see. My useless 400~ Kbps internet connection to download a 60GB install would take.... 34 hours!!!

That better be unpacked and installed size.

when I've seen this, I immediately remembered your dial-up. Let's hope you'll download it until FF13-2 is released!
sorry, I know it's mean, but can't resist (><)

so, if 60GB is compressed ... 120GB on disk? (><)

Foffy

Banned
I haven't been following this too much, but what PC enhancements - if any - are in this version?

I imagine higher quality everything and potentially 60 fps, but that last bit seems to be a mystery with many PC versions lately...

The_Monk

60GB sure is meaty. It's not a problem for me at all but I feel for those GAFfers with a Download cap and really slow internet...! I have a download speed of 30Mbps. It's not the best but it's more than okay. I wonder if this means some neat visuals and pretty cut-scenes as well?

This is why a pre-load is always a good thing to have, specially for those that desire to play a game as soon as possible.

I haven't been following this too much, but what PC enhancements - if any - are in this version?

I imagine higher quality everything and potentially 60 fps, but that last bit seems to be a mystery with many PC versions lately...

We know nothing about the port whatsoever =P

thematic

Hmmm lets see. My useless 400~ Kbps internet connection to download a 60GB install would take.... 34 hours!!!

That better be unpacked and installed size.

i'm kinda on the same boat
3 Mbps averaging 360 kb/s

good luck to us :p

60GB is way over the PS3 one
I'm fine if they give us Ultra hi-res and full FMV quality
but it's Square, somehow I doubt it

Foffy

Banned
We know nothing about the port whatsoever =P

Guess I'll wait for impressions on Thursday. I do hope the port will be solid, because a number of Square's actual PC releases have been solid. I am reserved though, as these are largely their Eidos catalog of games like Hitman: Absolution.

Yeah. PS3 version was 37.6gb at launch. I imagine patches probably brought that number up some but not anywhere near 60.

Guess I'll wait for impressions on Thursday. I do hope the port will be solid, because a number of Square's actual PC releases have been solid. I am reserved though, as these are largely their Eidos catalog of games like Hitman: Absolution.

Other FFs ports are usually fine, with the exception of 3 and 4 that were ports of the mobile version.

I think it's safe to assume higher res with the same graphics as PS3.

LuuKyK

I'm pretty sure the PS3 version has never received a single patch

I remember the PS3 version being patched, at least in Japan, to receive the Easy Mode that came with the 360 version release. But yeah, outside of that I can't really tell if there was any.

TheTux

Point being, there are quite a few hours on October 9th, more if you take into account differing time zones.

They said they're going to delay the DiveIn but not the PC version yesterday if I'm not mistaken but I understood what you mean.

It's not probably going to be a midnight release in every country.

Dr Dogg

I hope Squenix don't get wind of the 120 and 144 crowd then.

when I've seen this, I immediately remembered your dial-up. Let's hope you'll download it until FF13-2 is released!
sorry, I know it's mean, but can't resist (><)

so, if 60GB is compressed ... 120GB on disk? (><)

Yeah, well I have things to do Thursday and Friday anyway so :p

To be fair I get the feeling I'm going to be twiddling my thumbs until Saturday afternoon unless I take a laptop into work and proxy install it via a much, much faster connection.

Most Steam releases are noon CST. It's mostly only when they need release parity with retail versions (including on console) you see midnight CST.

Top Bottom