• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

MayMay

Banned
That's so odd, there's literally no noticeable difference in quality in the later cutscenes compared to the Intro.. But maybe thats just my old memory. Dont feel like setting up my PS3 just to doublecheck

Lain

so what lightning design do you guys prefer?

Amano, Nomura, Inomata (artist of tales of) or Kamikokuryo?
Noe67PF.jpg

Kinda... none of those. They all have things that don't look right to me, though they all also have some interesting things to them.

So I'm thinking Lightning Returns will benefit the most here (if these are quality ports that is). I never got a chance to play it but watched a few bits of walkthroughs and the frame rate was just atrocious.

Kanokare

So I'm thinking Lightning Returns will benefit the most here (if these are quality ports that is). I never got a chance to play it but watched a few bits of walkthroughs and the frame rate was just atrocious.

Fighting those Desert Sahagins would drop my frame rate to like 3-10. Trying to perfect parry them was annoying.

Foffy

Banned
What I found funny was the graphics kept getting worse in the series where as most games improve in that regard. Graphics wise 13>13-2>LR

Apparently that model exists in FFXIII as well, so I can't wait for there to be super high quality PC gaming shots with the dog somewhere in them.

I never noticed the dog in my original playthrough, but then again XIII did not have a cutscene and a closeup on that poor thing.

Rainy

Banned
Hmm I think I'll wait for the initial impressions of this before I pony up 15 bucks for it.

Who am I kidding, I'll get it regardless.

Gbraga

Amano is awesome. His Lightning, not so much :p

It would still be my second choice, though.

Nomura > Amano > Kamikokuryo (had to copy and paste this one) > Inomata

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is 60gb the biggest game on steam? I know some of the mmos are 30-40gigs

~Kinggi~

Banned
Well dont bitch too much about the 60gb. For all we know they actually responded positively to people wanting dual audios or uncompressed video and decided to change it. Or they just made a mistake. Who knows!!

cafemomo

So little love for the Amano version... What's wrong with modern Final Fantasy fans?

I grew up with Amano is some extent. VI was my first game, but it wasn't til VIII that I actually finished a FF game. (was too young to finish VI) so I guess I'm just partial to Nomura since I saw his artwork more. But as I grew up, I started to visit the older FF titles and I fell in love with Amano's style.

If anything, I wanna see a Yoshida art of Lightning

dem legs

thematic

Well dont bitch too much about the 60gb. For all we know they actually responded positively to people wanting dual audios or uncompressed video and decided to change it. Or they just made a mistake. Who knows!!

I think you mean "hi quality compressed video"
there is no way retail videos using uncompressed video for distributions

Banned
Damn you GMG for not providing me with a download code until launch day even though you usually allow pre-load!

BasilZero

60 GB is wow lol.

Havent had any game that installed that much :eek:.

Highest I think I had was GTAV which was what 25+?

Anyways, hopefully this means the game has visually been improved (mainly CGs).

RedSwirl

Pretty sure the CGs on the PS3 version are 1080p. That's the main reason the PS3 version displays in 1080p, even during gameplay (gameplay renders at 720, upscales to 1080). If this is indeed 60GB on the disc and not just the space FFXIII needs reserved for the install, the only explanation I can think of is that it's dual-audio. I remember back when the PS3 version came out Yoshida (or somebody from SE) confirmed that even a Blu-Ray didn't have enough space for a dual audio version of the game.

Pretty sure Wolfie right now holds the record at like 48 or so gigs without any DLC. This would top it.

I think there are a few games right now that are actually around 50 -- basically the absolute limit of a dual-layer Blu-Ray. I know COD Ghosts is in the 40's.

I can't imagine another audio language taking up all that extra space.

Since there's a different lypsinc for Japanese and English, that means every CG has two versions of it. If the PS3 version of the game had about 30gb worth of CGs, than a dual-audio would have double that, since they are basically double the amount of CGs. It's not just audio.

ss_lemonade

Pretty sure the CGs on the PS3 version are 1080p. That's the main reason the PS3 version displays in 1080p, even during gameplay (gameplay renders at 720, upscales to 1080). If this is indeed 60GB on the disc and not just the space FFXIII needs reserved for the install, the only explanation I can think of is that it's dual-audio. I remember back when the PS3 version came out Yoshida (or somebody from SE) confirmed that even a Blu-Ray didn't have enough space for a dual audio version of the game.

I think there are a few games right now that are actually around 50 -- basically the absolute limit of a dual-layer Blu-Ray. I know COD Ghosts is in the 40's.
The original FF XIII was close to 50gb on the PS3 so maybe dual audio could be the cause for this 60gb madness?

Raitningz

Since there's a different lypsinc for Japanese and English, that means every CG has two versions of it. If the PS3 version of the game had about 30gb worth of CGs, than a dual-audio would have double that, since they are basically double the amount of CGs. It's not just audio.

That would most likely be it.

Top Bottom