• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

ConceptX

I actually didn't complete 13 back when I bought it upon release, but I think it was more, I lost interest due to being busy with other things, rather than the game itself.

Looking forward to finishing it this time, as are four of my friends who have never played 13 before, fans of the older games, and the price lured them in.

13 has its critics, like all FF games in some degree, but I genuinely don't feel like there is a bad game in any mainline FF, just some subpar Final Fantasy games, major difference between a subpar FF and a subpar game in my opinion.

Currently pre-loading, thank god I upgraded from download speeds of 60kbps (serious) to 70mb+ fibre.

With this selling so well (For a 4 year old console game that has a lot of critics) I really hope the port is good, please be good.

Nethaniah

Hope man.. non stop whining

I found Hope the most annoying. Never got to finish the game though so maybe my opinion will change. Only got up the
gran pulse area with the huge field.

Hope was annoying but the constant (pseudo?) alpha male bullshit in every cut scene with Snow was killing me to the point where i hoped that the end had Hope cutting his throat.

I was rooting for him.

I also really didn't like the voice acting of snow.

sueil

EwPwBBw.jpg

I love how fast Steam downloads are.

TheTux

Not officially confirmed, but there's a Japanese language option in Steam and the size suggests that there's additional languages / cutscenes in the western version.

Oh right. I knew that but I thought he was talking about the extra GBs.

Cronox

Banned
Just want to know that the CG scenes are at the same quality as the PS3 blu-ray. Otherwise I'll stick with my sealed PS3 copy.

Dizzy-4U

Just want to know that the CG scenes are at the same quality as the PS3 blu-ray. Otherwise I'll stick with my sealed PS3 copy.
Download size is like half of the internet so it kinda looks like it.

My motherboard blew up a few days ago. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until I play this :(

Lain

Cleaned some space on the HDD, 78GB of spage freed. Just in time to come in here and find out there's a pre-load. Time to get downloading... though how long will it take to unencrypt 60GB of data after the game goes live? Rising took me a good 20 or 30 minutes, I think.

The_Monk

Just arrived home, saw people taking pictures of download times and I got scared I had entered some some sort of time portal but no, it's just the Pre-load. Then I thought there was not going to be one, surprised I decided to download it now.

Now it will be ready to play as soon as it releases. Will try to capture some screens and make the usual Screenshot + Quotes combo to leave my mark on the journey as I progress in the game. :)

iosefe

Cleaned some space on the HDD, 78GB of spage freed. Just in time to come in here and find out there's a pre-load. Time to get downloading... though how long will it take to unencrypt 60GB of data after the game goes live? Rising took me a good 20 or 30 minutes, I think.

you're gonna need more than 78 since it's a preload

MayMay

Banned
Really? How much?

I might have to just delete my preload and download it again tomorrow then.

Around 110GB, seeing as the pre-load file (50GB) and the unpacked stuff (~60GB) has to coexist while its decrypting it - before the preload gets deleted. Its like unpacking a .zip file.

~Kinggi~

Banned
If you have fast internet it may be better just to download it live. Preload for this large a file is gonna take a lot of space and time to execute.

Hey look, the goddess has returned to the top 10 sellers on Steam.

All those people waiting for dual-audio to be confirmed :p

But yeah, I'm super hype about it, even though I really didn't like XIII when I played it. But them beautiful graphics(1080p+ 60fps plz) and music is bringing me back in, plus this thread just makes it all so exciting.
I hope to finish it this time, maybe.

Cronox

Banned
Download size is like half of the internet so it kinda looks like it.

My motherboard blew up a few days ago. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks until I play this :(

Ah I hadn't seen that the download size was 60 gigs. I could've sworn back when the Steam page went up it wasn't that much. That's annoying, actually, because now it looks like I'm going to have to double-dip for another game I don't even want to play.

wolfhowwl

Banned
Ah I hadn't seen that the download size was 60 gigs. I could've sworn back when the Steam page went up it wasn't that much. That's annoying, actually, because now it looks like I'm going to have to double-dip for another game I don't even want to play.

Yup. it was originally 30.

HowZatOZ

Banned
If you have fast internet it may be better just to download it live. Preload for this large a file is gonna take a lot of space and time to execute.

That doesn't make sense though, would it not be better to just start downloading now and have it unpack in time for launch? If your Internet is that fast but you are worried it will take awhile to unpack, just do it now.

When does this unlock?? I'm not buying it but I just want to see the improvements made.

1080p/60fps corridor goodness for the first 20 hours until it's a better game would please me. (That was a joke don't kill me.)

MayMay

Banned
That doesn't make sense though, would it not be better to just start downloading now and have it unpack in time for launch? If your Internet is that fast but you are worried it will take awhile to unpack, just do it now.

It only starts unpacking after it unlocks, and with a file this huge it might as well take several hours for some ppl. So if someone has fast Internet they can skip that process entirely by just downloading it after its released. + of course, it needs way less hdd space.

1080p/60fps corridor goodness for the first 20 hours until it's a better game would please me. (That was a joke don't kill me.)

That would please all of us here. lol

iosefe

it's not so much a time concern as it is a space concern. lot of people don't have 110GB free

Gbraga

It only starts unpacking after it unlocks, and with a file this huge it might as well take several hours for some ppl. So if someone has fast Internet they can skip that process entirely by just downloading it after its released

Thanks for the advice, dude! Hopefully they'll fix this game's remote download thing by tomorrow, so I'll leave my PC on when I go out to work and I'll just download it when it's unlocked.

HowZatOZ

Banned
it's not so much a time concern as it is a space concern. lot of people don't have 110GB free

It only starts unpacking after it unlocks, and with a file this huge it might as well take several hours for some ppl. So if someone has fast Internet they can skip that process entirely by just downloading it after its released. + of course, it needs way less hdd space.

Ah I completely forgot it needs to unlock before unpacking. Definitely agree with that notion than.

Top Bottom