• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

~Kinggi~

Banned
Doesn't XIV also have that description?

That is the minimum, requirements, the minimum is to support 720, so you can probably raise that.

Wording on steam is very deliberate to say if your monitor doesnt run in 720p you cant run the game.

If it was simply a minimum, it would be how FF XIV handled it, which is to simply list the res as a minimum.

WHAAAAAAAAT, SAY THIS IS TRUE, SAY I DONT HAVE TO SUFFER THE ENGLISH VO.

My goddess.

Funny-gifs-i-get-excited-about-insurance-too.gif

"Full screen support"...still can mean 720p locked as per the Steam description. Oh boy. :(

Yeah the only thing now is to see if we can get above 720p, but at this point I think it's as good as confirmed. And also XIV ARR does indeed say the same about 720p, so it's all good

60 FPS BOYS, DUAL AUDIO, WE IN THERE

SE is becoming cool again

Danlord

Doesn't XIV also have that description?

That is the minimum, requirements, the minimum is to support 720, so you can probably raise that.

If I remember correctly, 720p unlocked 30 is what the console versions were, and just had a good 1080p upscaler. The descriptions don't note support for arbitrary resolutions. The lack of PR or any type of official information other than the actual announcement isn't comforting either.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-FF13/final-fantasy-xiii

Oh my gott... Read the description dawgs.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Nice find. That's the first I've seen of it being 60fps with dual audio, hopefully they other sites+steam(managed by the publisher I'm sure) are just too lazy to update their info or simply haven't spoken to anyone about desired pc features.

Although the description on steam is not particularly reassuring regarding the resolution
Steam store page said:
Additional Notes: Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.

If I remember correctly, 720p unlocked 30 is what the console versions were, and just had a good 1080p upscaler. The descriptions don't note support for arbitrary resolutions. The lack of PR or any type of official information other than the actual announcement isn't comforting either.

But they don't have to note that, as Mulder said, that only means you need a 720p monitor to run the game, since it's under "minimum requirements".

That statement changes nothing really, it could be either.

~Kinggi~

Banned
What a damn shame to have a game as pretty as FF13, 60 gigs worth not be able to run at anything higher than 720p. Oh the irony.

JINYX

Neo Member
My god this 50gb pre-load. Feel sorry for anyone without a decent connection. Even with 50Mbps it's gonna take 2 hrs.

GMG just trolled me hard.

I look in my inbox and see an e-mail from them with my "mid-week treat".

What could that be, I wonder?

Why, it's a Final Fantasy 13 header and what's that? A CODE!!!

Yeah, a code for 20% off a game I already bought from them. -_-

Danlord

But they don't have to note that, as Mulder said, that only means you need a 720p monitor to run the game, since it's under "minimum requirements".

That statement changes nothing really, it could be either.

I suppose, but with the recent crap gaming is having with resolutions and such, it's fair to be cynical at this point. I hope it isn't just the PS3 port, with Japanese audio; it needs to support different resolutions and just basic graphical settings, because nowadays with games getting attention for announcing resolutions is just disappointing.

~Kinggi~

Banned
You need to read the last couple pages.

I have, did they confirm somewhere it will be the 1080 peeeees?

This note is what im going off of: Additional Notes: Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.

iosefe

This note is what im going off of: Additional Notes: Full screen display mode will only run on an environment that supports a screen resolution of 1280 x 720.

but it is under the Minimum section. that should give some clue. any display above 720P supports it. i'm quite confident

TheTux

GamersGate also says
Both English and Japanese voice over will be available.

Hopefully you'll be able to switch language through the game and not through Steam before launching the game.

kick51

Banned
THIS battle system at 60fps is gonna be nuts

fuuuuckkkkk i'm getting this...feeling...is this that feeling called....hype?

I suppose, but with the recent crap gaming is having with resolutions and such, it's fair to be cynical at this point. I hope it isn't just the PS3 port, with Japanese audio; it needs to support different resolutions and just basic graphical settings, because nowadays with games getting attention for announcing resolutions is just disappointing.

Yes, I just said that that statement is not really reason for concern.

1080p is fair to expect, I just wouldn't get my hopes up for graphical options...

Thoraxes

All is confirmed in that statement is that you need as a bare minimum, a 720p supported monitor.

That's not necessarily the cap.

All it confirms is that it presumably will not display in monitors with a resolution lower that that.

Peff

Oh god i haven't played it but that game looked rough from a framerate perspective.

It's bad. Bad, bad, bad. Not just during battle either, just walking around in some of the environments gets the console to its knees. If the engine is well optimized it's going to look like a different game basically.

kick51

Banned
Ever played 4 players Goldeneye back in the day and a proximity mine went off? It's like that.

you know a game has a bad framerate when the speed run consists of 90% looking at the ground to reduce slowdown

I didn't realize LR was that bad in the frames department.

~Kinggi~

Banned
you know a game has a bad framerate when the speed run consists of 90% looking at the ground to reduce slowdown

I didn't realize LR was that bad in the frames department.

Damn son didnt realize LR was that bad. Makes the PC version seem important. Glad i never bought it.

-GOUKI-

Can Steam not compress the shit out of their games before uploading them? I'm not going to have any internet for the rest of the month ;(

For all those GMG guys it looks like the site is doing something as the order page now says 'completed' and the download page has a link to the download instead of what it said earlier about not having keys until a certain date. Hopefully the keys will be available soon.

Remfin

Can Steam not compress the shit out of their games before uploading them? I'm not going to have any internet for the rest of the month ;(
You can't compress game assets (at least if the dev did things right), but you especially can't compress rendered video, which is like 95% of the size of this game.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
For all those GMG guys it looks like the site is doing something as the order page now says 'completed' and the download page has a link to the download instead of what it said earlier about not having keys until a certain date. Hopefully the keys will be available soon.

That's reassuring. I have work tomorrow morning, but I'm just hoping to be able to preload so that I can have it ready to go by the time I get home.

Top Bottom