• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

orange box has updated on steam store page

196fuarapyylmgif.gif

there-it-is.gif

SE does care ;_;

I do find myself exited for this. I played a lot of it on 360 and got so uniterested I think I could not bother putting the disk in; years later I realized the level up and combat system might be slightly above average and I would have needed to see more of it... Anyhow... HYPE! I will get this and play t to the end; I'm even starting a new FFXII IJS file right now to hold me until unlock.

Thoraxes

Yet it was an open world game with a million quests... so what does that make XIII, a linear game with no diversions to speak of, aside from a tiny open world quest area? Talk about "lacking content".
I think you need an adjective before talking about the content. Like, both games had a ton of content, but it had different values of being meaningful depending on who you ask.

Red Comet

Was hoping we'd have GMG codes by now, but I guess that's not going to happen. Oh, well, it's not like I would have had much time tonight anyway.

Raitningz

I think you need an adjective before talking about the content. Like, both games had a ton of content, but it had different values of being meaningful depending on who you ask.

Ah okay, I'm a more story-inclined person so I prefer more character interaction.

HeelPower

What about it so bothered you? I still say it was one of the best FF endings in the entire series. Major spoilers!!!
The scene where the universe is born, along with the music, and Mog's goodbye are absolutely beautiful and rank up there with the most moving FF scenes ever. Was the epilogue scene that bad? I never gave it much value tbh

It doesn't make sense from a lore perspective and it doesn't nicely tie up the original character arcs.

Its too convenient, too cheesy and without real effort put into it.

and too short.

cafemomo

Last chance to win a copy of XIII~

aight, like I promised, I'll be giving away another copy of XIII (this time for steam)

My favorite FF titles are VI, VIII, X, XIII and Crystal Chronicles.

PM me your experiences/stories with one of those titles above and I'll choose one that I like the most on this Thursday by 3PM CST

I think Heel's reason is the same as mine,
we knew next to NOTHING about what happened to the characters, their lives, what they were doing after everything. Character-based closure, not story-based closure.

In general the games are really stingy in providing character-based context. It gives you all the drama, intrigues, things in motion, but doesn't build up the motivation. For example, why the heck are Snow and Serah attracted to each other, anyway? Till the end I never knew, and thus I couldn't care much for Snow's plight.

I remember somebody, in this thread or the other one, complained that Lightning rarely acts like she even likes her sister at all, then somebody answered that she obviously cares for Serah in the prologue novella. Having to rely on supplemental material for characterization really, really don't put the game in a good light.

Toth

I think Heel's reason is the same as mine,
we knew next to NOTHING about what happened to the characters, their lives, what they were doing after everything. Character-based closure, not story-based closure.

Thank you both for posting a legitimate reason. I do agree that the ending was lacking that aspect.
Thankfully, the novels covered that need and I am satisfied with the ending of the series.

HeelPower

Thank you both for posting a legitimate reason. I do agree that the ending was lacking that aspect.
Thankfully, the novels covered that need and I am satisfied with the ending of the series.

not just that..I also don't like how its super random and convenient and inconsistent with lore.

But we can discuss that later.

Nethaniah

I know we're not gonna get it but i would be interested in the profits of this port, like a "we got the development costs back in 48 hours" or a similar statement.

Top Bottom