• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

friz898

I have this thread subscribed, and check it multiple times a day. I've already beat this (and 13-2) on ps3 and bought it day 1 etc. Supported SE and all that.

I'm only waiting to find out/confirm that this is a higher resolution (and possible other graphical bonuses).

Nothing else.

If SE can at least make that happen, they'll get 15 more bucks of my money.

Good. Every sale is one step closer to this.

ZfTvYf8.jpg

Haha! Tried to even out her colors with the rest of the cast.

4HRDsyS.jpg

Wow, English is not that bad... Lightning's voice seems pretty similar as well. Although I like japanese Sazh better.

You don't think SE could outsource an HD XII "port" to some work for hire studio?

Hell, they coul release it on XB1/PS4/PC/Vita(LOL) DD only

Just give it to Hexadrive, they're handling the Type-0 port wonderfully, I think they could handle XII pretty well. That is, if SE doesn't want to do it themselves.

FLAguy954

Has anyone fired up the game? Do we have to wait until the morning (Eastern Standard Time) to find out anything about this game?!

thematic

It really isnt that bad of a game though.

The only thing I don't like about FFXIII is the story
I can play one-button-battle
I can stand annoying characters
I can accept "no-town" flaw

but I really don't like the story.
they give us very promising story at the beginning, but then throw it all out in the end.

yes, it's not a bad game but not a solid one either

fortunately I already forget most of the story.
It'll be nice to play the PC version and then hate it again after I finish later LOL

HowZatOZ

Banned
You know, I have to commend Square for pricing the PC port. $15 is chump change for something like an FF game that can offer hundreds of hours. Kudos and well done!

Raitningz

steam trading cards for 13 i must have them all :3

show me a one button battle against barthandalus and cid
it's not possible

Actually, it is.

You can actually really beat the game without switching paradigms, just auto-battle, but it requires a very calculated set-up, some RNG and a lot of tediousness.

wait for release to see them, u collect all the cards to make badges and gain a ff13 background for your steam profile for each badge crafted.

I always wondered, can I get all of them by just playing or if I get duplicates I'd have to sell them and buy the other ones?

kudoboi

i see. well i was gonna try to get them all anyway.

should probably note that steam only gives you half of the collection. you have to buy the other half from the marketplace. its quite a good system on valve part actually because it encourages trading between users

GavinUK86

how does this still get brought up about this game

do people really play this for 200 hours waiting for the rng to let you win on auto-battle or what
I never really understood the battle system during the 3 or 4 hours I played on 360. It seemed overly complicated. I might have to pay closer attention this time around.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uhhh Yoshichan, what's up, I hate FFXIII too. Yeah. Please, please whatever you do, please don't gift me that game. I hated all the 150 hours I put into the PS3 version, and getting all the trophies was such a slog, too. Lightning sucks.

long live the savior
:lol :lol :lol

waking up to this

amazing

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
WAIT

CONFIRMED 60FPS WHILE I WAS ASLEEP?

AHBOGFHGSAPOY %HQPO%Q=U% =QU%)MV=/U¤)= QU=`(UQ=`¤=`Q¤(=`Q(¤`Q(B¤(Q)¤`=Q(Q¤ BQ¤

antitrop

Yeah, I definitely feel like XIII's battle system is rewarding enough to be worth learning.

Get a real nice groove going on.

kick51

Banned
I never really understood the battle system during the 3 or 4 hours I played on 360. It seemed overly complicated. I might have to pay closer attention this time around.

it's not too complicated. just stagger with magic, then after that happens, use physical attacks. But there's timing involved and some intricacies, like timing paradigm shifts to instant fill the ATB. It's not the deepest, but if you're not paying attention or doing the right thing, you usually either die quickly or the battle goes on so long that you feel like you're doing something wrong.

It's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it and it's literally the only reason I give a shit about this game.

Caffeine

WAIT

CONFIRMED 60FPS WHILE I WAS ASLEEP?

AHBOGFHGSAPOY %HQPO%Q=U% =QU%)MV=/U¤)= QU=`(UQ=`¤=`Q¤(=`Q(¤`Q(B¤(Q)¤`=Q(Q¤ BQ¤

and dual audio for NA,EU release of english and jap and steam trading cards was also added to the store page of steam. oh and jap release has english subs and menus

Yoshichan

yes yoshichan

"Optimized for PC, Full Screen Support, 60 FPS"

and dual audio for NA,EU release of english and jap and steam trading cards was also added to the store page of steam. oh and jap release has english subs and menus
THIS IS

THIS IS THE PERFECT RE-RELEASE

GOD BLESS SQUARE

AND FUCK ALL THE HATERS THAT ALMOST CONVINCED EVEN ME THAT THIS PORT WOULD END UP SUCKING

thematic

steam trading cards for 13 i must have them all :3

show me a one button battle against barthandalus and cid
it's not possible

how does this still get brought up about this game

do people really play this for 200 hours waiting for the rng to let you win on auto-battle or what

LOL yeah
now I remember that boss battle
I died like 7 times until I learn how to correctly change paradigm

I haven't played this game since the PS3 version came out. I didn't finish it, got kind of tired with the whole thing, but I'm definitely willing to give it another chance. If the battle system is as good as people say, that alone can really make a game for me. I enjoyed FFX more recently despite that being incredibly linear due to the battle system, so I think I should get something out of this. Honestly looking forward to XIII-2 and LR more though.

Also, glad to hear that 60FPS was confirmed. It's good if that's going to apply to the sequels too, since I heard those performed like garbage on the PS3.

sueil

I took a nap earlier after downing some sleeping pills hoping it would make the wait go fast. It did but there's still a bunch of hours left until the game releases. I don't know how many naps I can take. I'm really pretty excited for the game I played some of the PS3 version when I rented it years ago but had to return it before I got anywhere near the end. I don't really remember any of the details about the game so it will be like playing fresh.

Yoshichan

u know what this means right 13-2 and LR at 60fps :p #Believe

my body, my fucking body is heating up right now

AND NOW I NEED TO HEAD TO SCHOOL :(

8 hours... talk to ya'll soon ;_______; Someone take over the hype for me!

The only thing I don't like about FFXIII is the story
I can play one-button-battle
I can stand annoying characters
I can accept "no-town" flaw

but I really don't like the story.
they give us very promising story at the beginning, but then throw it all out in the end.

yes, it's not a bad game but not a solid one either

fortunately I already forget most of the story.
It'll be nice to play the PC version and then hate it again after I finish later LOL

One button battling won't get you far once you're a good way into the game

Top Bottom