• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

I know we're not gonna get it but i would be interested in the profits of this port, like a "we got the development costs back in 48 hours" or a similar statement.

They spent so little that they probably got benefits on the first hours of the pre-orders, I mean they didn't even spent 10 minutes of an internship to make a few screencaps of the PC version and put them on Steam.

They are basically dropping the port on the Steam servers and seeing the money flow...

Gbraga

I know we're not gonna get it but i would be interested in the profits of this port, like a "we got the development costs back in 48 hours" or a similar statement.

They probably don't really care. Also the reason we don't have footage or specifics on the port. Most likely they had this ready because of their streaming service and decided to make a little more by selling it on Steam.

EDIT: They did put some effort in keyboard and mouse controls though, so there's that

orochi91

1401390571875.gif

Can this man "NO" any harder !?

I got about 13 hours into this game on PS3, back when it first came out. Around that time, my old fat PS3 got the YLOD so I lost all my save data and was pissed off. It's been enough time though, and I do remember enjoying the battle system quite a bit. And for the price, not bad at all. Plus, I'd love to get more FF games on Steam, so if this supports that, it'd be great.

I'd say XII is very very unlikely unless they do a remake.

Honestly I think I'd be surprised if X/X-2 remaster came over too.

I could see 10 happening. The more of the XIII trilogy they sell, the better the message.

neptunes

I'd say XII is very very unlikely unless they do a remake.

Honestly I think I'd be surprised if X/X-2 remaster came over too.

You don't think SE could outsource an HD XII "port" to some work for hire studio?

Hell, they coul release it on XB1/PS4/PC/Vita(LOL) DD only

HowZatOZ

Banned
Still no GMG key huh? Well guess I'm not gonna be playing this weekend lol

I've learnt from the past few launches that GMG just isn't great with key delivering. Sure the prices are damn cheap and I'll shop there again, but after Mordor getting to me with only a few hours to pre-load I just expect late dates.

Oh, I'm hoping someone here could answer this for me (sorry if it has been answered previously): I've just downloaded the pre-load on my work computer, and want to shift it off to home computer. Checking SteamApps I'm not given a FF folder, where would I find the required files?

zbarron

I bought it on GMG. Does anyone here have experience pre-purchasing through them? Should it unlock at midnight EST? If it's PST or later I'm just going to bed.

They probably don't really care. Also the reason we don't have footage or specifics on the port. Most likely they had this ready because of their streaming service and decided to make a little more by selling it on Steam.

This is how I felt when it was first announced, but the fact that they actually added in dual audio after a bunch of people asked for it, makes me think they actually care/ are listening.
I mean they really didn't have to do it, even though it is a basic thing, they could have easily just ignored us. (poor asian-region folk though)

We'll see tomorrow how much they actually care though, with the graphics options.
I just want SE to start being the cool guys again.

This is how I felt when it was first announced, but the fact that they actually added in dual audio after a bunch of people asked for it, makes me think they actually care/ are listening.
I mean they really didn't have to do it, even though it is a basic thing, they could have easily just ignored us. (poor asian-region folk though)

We'll see tomorrow how much they actually care though, with the graphics options.
I just want SE to start being the cool guys again.

Wait, it's got dual audio? Hell yea, definitely buying it. Off to pre-order.

Are you me?

My problem is that the who deal about having to turn my PS3 on, switch inputs and wait for it to load let alone putting the disc in the console. It just seems like a big hassle and it's honestly one of the reasons I've moved away from console gaming recently. Wii U gets a pass because I really have been enjoying some of the games lately.

Nethaniah

My problem is that the who deal about having to turn my PS3 on, switch inputs and wait for it to load let alone putting the disc in the console. It just seems like a big hassle and it's honestly one of the reasons I've moved away from console gaming recently. Wii U gets a pass because I really have been enjoying some of the games lately.

Kind of the same deal for me, Wii-U is the only console hooked up and ready to go, i don't know, maybe i just want to play it at my desk but not have it 720p (which i assume it is.)

Don't like playing with the DS3 much either though not like it's an action game, i have no excuse....

Zafir

i know this is kinda arbitrary, but: if i liked ff6, 8, and 10, will i like 13?

Kind of hard to say. I'd wager your enjoyment of the game is directly proportional to how much you can tolerate linear games, and how much you enjoy the combat system(Course not hating the characters is a added bonus). The combat system is nothing like any of the others so you can't really compare.

Tesseract

Banned
Kind of hard to say. I'd wager your enjoyment of the game is directly proportional to how much you can tolerate linear games, and how much you enjoy the combat system(Course not hating the characters is a added bonus). The combat system is nothing like any of the others so you can't really compare.

i actually really like linear jrpgs, so i'm in.

timshundo

Keep in mind the download is 50 GB, but the unpack is 60 GB. So you will need 110GB total to install the game initially.

I recommend pre-loading on an HDD, then moving the files to an SSD when it is completed.

ACK. Preload complete, I've only got 18gb free. How do I preload on an external?

Zafir

ACK. Preload complete, I've only got 18gb free. How do I preload on an external?
Copy your depotcache folder over to your external then create a junction point.

Can be done using CMD with this command - mklink /J "<Main drive depotcache path*>" <The directory path for the new folder on the external> (Example - mklink /J "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\depotcache" E:\Depotcache)

Or, for a more friendly non-cmd method you can apparently use this - http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/hardlinkshellext/linkshellextension.html

Top Bottom