• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck it! Bringing my iPad with me so I can hype this with you all till the release!

And when the game goes live, there shall only be silence from me... And no responses on Steam, alas I'll be fully mutated into a gaming beast only to be stopped by the final credits on the screen.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

kudoboi

Fuck it! Bringing my iPad with me so I can hype this with you all till the release!

And when the game goes live, there shall only be silence from me... And no responses on Steam, alas I'll be fully mutated into a gaming beast only to be stopped by the final credits on the screen.

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAH! CAN'T WAIT TO PLAY IT!

I have high school leaving examinations in 5 days :/

Caffeine

HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!

such burning ambition and dedication :D

oh man just allow me to use this as the profile background
http://i7.minus.com/iisQrqm02WFzE.jpg

ill never change it

Now that I look at it, that DOES make for a fine desktop wallpaper once it's cropped down from that arbitrary resolution.

While I can't say I'm entirely against some of the ideas behind GamerG- Fuck that it'll just be asking for trouble in this thread for that to get pinged in search results- GemaGeito (Much better), that is a really unfortunate name for them to have for their site after recent events.

In the meantime, shall we have some GIFs to ease this wait?

tumblr_n9tqranXxk1r96fbco1_500.gif

sueil

As a degenerate with no job or school to attend I'm going to pass out again and wake up in the morning when it is lightning time. How hard can it be to force myself to sleep for 8 or 9 hours.

Their site existed for years before recent events.

While I can't say I'm entirely against some of the ideas behind GamerG- Fuck that it'll just be asking for trouble in this thread for that to get pinged in search results- GemaGeito (Much better), that is a really unfortunate name for them to have for their site after recent events

Yeah it's kind of unfortunate for them. The site has been around since 2008, so they definitely have a bigger claim to the name :p

Also, I want to personally blame Mr. Toriyama himself for me being only into Chapter 5 of FEA and already getting two of my units killed (+Several incidents of me accidentally tempting fate) on my latest No Reset Run*

Having FF13 PC on my mind has clouded my tactical thoughts and caused me to make several rookie mistakes I thought I had gotten myself past months ago. My only saving grace is that I didn't make a FemAv Lightning-lookalike to distract me even more. Vaike and Sully, Toriyama, their blood for this latest playthrough is on your hands!

*Ok, fine, with the ONE little safety net of allowing myself one (and only 1) reset per playthrough due to my habit of handhelds being my go-to when I've drank a bit too much for Planetside. Uh, naturally I don't think alcohol and permadeath SRPGs mix well.

(Going GAF-Blackout tomorrow so I don't see what the port's like until I return from work. Maybe. I don't know. I'm the guy who allowed himself one free reset in an otherwise no reset run, so don't hold me to that blackout. Do we at least have the Durante Alarm on standby in the event we have a worst case scenario on hand?)

LuuKyK

Dammit, I thought it was sooner, I wont be able to play this when it unlocks, probably just around eight hours later or so. Oh well. Will certainly be reading you guys' impressions, so it should be good. :)

_woLf

i'm going to sleep and if my cd key isn't available when I wake up i'm going to write an angry email to mr. green man. :mad:

jamsy

Is it weird that I'm kinda interested in this?

I played a good amount of this game on the 360 when it first came out and quit just when I got to the wide open area on the 3rd disc (forgot what it's called). I absolutely loved the battle system but the lack of towns/exploration plus the terrible story/characters (still have no idea what the Lacie/Falcie crap was all about - why would they give them almost identical names?) was a huge negative and I finally gave up after 20 hours or so.

But I hear that I quit right when the game turns "good"?

Durante

Woke up, saw this:
capture04u4r.png

and then read about the 60 FPS support. Between these and the price I for one am really impressed by S-E.

Durante

Japanese language track included? :eek: Surely this must be a mistake?
That's exceedingly unlikely, as it was changed from saying only "Audio: English", and coincided with a ~25GB increase in download size.

If one were to complain on a very high level, they could have had the game only download the language when it is selected. But I'm perfectly content with how it is.

So I woke up all happy, thinking GMG would send the key while I was sleeping, but nope...

I'll be downloading while ya'll be playing :(

But hey, 60fps, dual audio... That's some good stuff.

That's exceedingly unlikely, as it was changed from saying only "Audio: English", and coincided with a ~25GB increase in download size.

If one were to complain on a very high level, they could have had the game only download the language when it is selected. But I'm perfectly content with how it is.

Yeah I asked the same question in the Steam thread and it really seems to be in. Pretty cool of SE.

Meanwhile, us asians only get one language.

Really wish I had the option for English as I prefer those voiceovers to the Japanese ones.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah, I don't get it.
Pretty stunning that Square Enix of all people went and listened to people complaining (I mean, how often does that happen? On such a short notice?) but it could've been handled a bit smoother.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Soon... Soon...!

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Meanwhile, us asians only get one language.

Really wish I had the option for English as I prefer those voiceovers to the Japanese ones.

They really only let you have the one dub? Huh. My Steam install defaults to Japanese because that's my main language for work and it shows support on my page for both English and Japanese. Guess it must just be an IP thing determining the split if so, since I otherwise reside in the US, but still. Bit odd.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Apparently ROW version is region-free though so if you can get someone to gift it to you you can have English dub as well.

Kind of a pain?

Robin64

60fps is nice, but I doubt my PC will give me that and I'll probably end up down at 30fps or something. :(

Holy shit, the thought of Pulse at 60... ;_;

They really only let you have the one dub? Huh. My Steam install defaults to Japanese because that's my main language for work and it shows support on my page for both English and Japanese. Guess it must just be an IP thing determining the split if so, since I otherwise reside in the US, but still. Bit odd.
Yeah. I'm in Malaysia and that means I get the Asian version, which sadly only includes Japanese.

This is what it says on our store page for FFXIII:

Steam said:
The following Asian languages are supported by the version of this game released for Japan and the rest of Asia.
Subtitles and interface: Japanese, Chinese (traditional), Korean, English
Voiceover: Japanese
The amount of empty hard disk space required to download this title in the Japan and Asia regions is 30GB.

At least my install size is just 30GB :-/
Apparently ROW version is region-free though so if you can get someone to gift it to you you can have English dub as well.

Kind of a pain?

Way too much of a pain. Don't think gifting would work since I already bought a copy on Steam. But thanks anyway!

Despite my moaning and groaning I am actually quite excited to replay FFXIII.

I bought my PS3 specifically for it but ended up not finishing the game for various reasons. Now I mean to power through and finish the game at last!

Only 8 more hours! (Hopefully my preload will be done by then...)

So I woke up all happy, thinking GMG would send the key while I was sleeping, but nope...

I'll be downloading while ya'll be playing :(

But hey, 60fps, dual audio... That's some good stuff.

I feel you... I work overnights so I'll be downloading all day and then it'll probably finish about the time I have to leave for work.

SenkiDala

Based Square-Enix put up a pre-load and WHAT

qfXQVc2.png

Japanese language track included? :eek: Surely this must be a mistake?

edit: haha

I use a French steam account and I'm hesitating to preorder it... Here it still only says "Audio : English"... :/ Japanese audio would really make me double dip, no doubt, but I wanna be sure. :(

Marceles

Why am I excited like I haven't bought the English and Japanese versions of the game and didn't help work on the trophy guide? It feels like a brand new game and I've just about forgot everything about it other than the final mission and final bosses. Don't let me down on this port S-E!

Top Bottom