• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

TheTux

If you don't intentionally break it, it's fine. If you do intentionally break it? Well you made the game easier for yourself.

Still waiting for my GMG e-mail... god I want sleep...

I'd argue that a person who has never played the game and doesn't read a guide would have a hard time breaking it the first time around.

Breaking the game is half the fun though

IMO FF VIII is better in every aspect so I'd suggest that one, but why not just play both

By "broken" I actually meant "retarded". It's so silly how in that game leveling up is a bad thing.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My stomach hurts

It HURTS over the thought of seeing Caius in 60fps

Fuck me fuck me fuck me!!

Holykael1

Banned
By "broken" I actually meant "retarded". It's so silly how in that game leveling up is a bad thing.

Making the game harder isn't automatically a "bad thing". Yes it's a counter intuitive concept that leveling up would make the game harder but it's not necessarily bad. They had to make enemies level up with you else the game would be much more easy than it already is, even that was not enough to balance the difficulty because of the freedom that comes with the junctioning system. Besides grinding levels to brute force a game is so lame!

aravuus

The fact that FF8 has triple triad automatically means it's better than 13. If you have to choose between FF8 and FF13 right this moment? Play FF13 just because there is a lot of hype going on in this thread and it's fun to participate in. That said FF8 is easily the better of the two games.

Oh yeah, sure. It's fun to play alongside other people.

I agree and I don't agree. It's refreshing to see a JRPG where you don't have to grind EXP at any point and VIII's junction, GF and item/card refining systems easily make up for the small-ish amount of lvl scaling the enemies have.

That said, I normally highly dislike scaling enemies so FF VIII is pretty much the only game where I tolerate it.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
God knowing about the 1080p and 60 fps I'm really sad I don't own any PC to let it run on it... at this point I just hope this is the possible HD re-edition we will get eventually on Ps4 -.-'

Raitningz

God knowing about the 1080p and 60 fps I'm really sad I don't own any PC to let it run on it... at this point I just hope this is the possible HD re-edition we will get eventually on Ps4 -.-'

...I don't think the graphics are improved in any way except for the resolution.

ChapaNDJ

Banned
8 more hours aprox. I let the PC dl all night.
tvvFt88.png

Man, can't wait to play this again. Even if it ''gits gud after 20 hours''. I loved the scenery and the soundtracks.
Plus i always remind myself of the huge mistake i made by abandoning the game at the final boss when i had it on PS3.

EDIT: 7 hours now.

Lain

This most likely means we'll get dual audio and 60 FPS for the rest of the trilogy as well. Neat.

I expected it for LR, given it's already there on console, but it's been a really nice surprise for XIII and if it happens for XIII-2 too it's gonna be even better.
I'm drooling at the prospect of playing LR at 60FPS though. I do hope they fix the textures as well for that.

Tizoc

I just realized...save hacking...imagine using it to get all items and 999,999 CP right off the bat, lol.
That depends on the type of external HDD. If it's USB3 or eSATA, it should work fine. Not so on USB2.

What's the cheapest eSATA ex. hard disk at 1 TB and 2 TB size if available?

My stomach hurts

It HURTS over the thought of seeing Caius in 60fps

Fuck me fuck me fuck me!!

Caius could've been a cooler villain if not for his obsession with that little girl Yuel.
His theme is kickass though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8vXYBEvSow

TheTux

I agree and I don't agree. It's refreshing to see a JRPG where you don't have to grind EXP at any point and VIII's junction, GF and item/card refining systems easily make up for the small-ish amount of lvl scaling the enemies have.

Making the game harder isn't automatically a "bad thing". Yes it's a counter intuitive concept that leveling up would make the game harder but it's not necessarily bad. They had to make enemies level up with you else the game would be much more easy than it already is, even that was not enough to balance the difficulty because of the freedom that comes with the junctioning system. Besides grinding levels to brute force a game is so lame!

I also found that junction system extremely boring and stupid. You have to spend a lot of time acquiring magic spells and then you can't use them because your stats would decrease.

I guess I just never understood FFVIII's battle system enough to enjoy it.

Knurek

I expected it for LR, given it's already there on console, but it's been a really nice surprise for XIII and if it happens for XIII-2 too it's gonna be even better.
I'm drooling at the prospect of playing LR at 60FPS though. I do hope they fix the textures as well for that.

As long as they keep the low poly Dog model!
ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

That dog gets me every time.

I seriously doubt it has more polygons than most of Quake 1 models. :)

Gbraga

Final Fantasy XIII still doesn't show up in the webstore's library. Gaben pls, I wanna start my download remotely so it can be ready for when I get home >_<

As long as they keep the low poly Dog model!
ibeNIa9UwTYU8R.jpeg

I seriously doubt it has more polygons than most of Quake 1 models. :)

Everytime I see that dog I can see what happened during developement:

Modeler: "Sir, that dog we made the other day dosn't look very good, let me..."

Toriyama:"Um...how many dresses we have for Lightning?"

Modeler:"23"

Toriyama:"Fuck that dog, make more dresses for Lightning, I want 100 at least"

Modeler:"but sir..."

Toriyama:"I SAID MORE DRESSES FOR MY WAIFUUUUUUUU!!"

Nevadatan

im going to miss launch. damn it S-E, why you dont enabled preload earlier.
;_;
i guess im better off playing New Vegas to avoid the spoilers.
ijnhWlCxGCLCo.png

aravuus

im going to miss launch. damn it S-E, why you dont enabled preload earlier.
;_;

Well I'm going to be super hungover tomorrow so I won't be able to play the game till saturday, monday if I go visit my parents

So you know we all got our own problems dude!

I also found that junction system extremely boring and stupid. You have to spend a lot of time acquiring magic spells and then you can't use them because your stats would decrease.

I guess I just never understood FFVIII's battle system enough to enjoy it.

To each his own, of course

Durante

Yeah, I really never expected them to do more than the bare minimum for these, and even just dual audio is already more than the bare minimum. If 60 FPS pans out (or, ideally, arbitrary framerate!) as well I'm very content.

Deepo

Yeah, I really never expected them to do more than the bare minimum for these, and even just dual audio is already more than the bare minimum. If 60 FPS pans out (or, ideally, arbitrary framerate!) as well I'm very content.

It says 60fps max on the store page in Steam now, sadly.

That's enough for my purposes though.

After all the good news, if this turns out to be 720p max... I may cry.

Durante

I doubt it, not many games support that option. Though they should.
Are there actually any? I know of a few that have generic "gamepad" prompts and separate 360 prompts, but none with Dualshock ones.

FWIW, I don't think any ever will unless there are official drivers, Sony could probably even sue them.

I never found doing the mapping in my head all that problematic.

Edit:
XIV does and I hope so, but wouldn't count on it.
Oh, interesting.

Grief.exe

Are there actually any? I know of a few that have generic "gamepad" prompts and separate 360 prompts, but none with Dualshock ones.

FWIW, I don't think any ever will unless there are official drivers, Sony could probably even sue them.

I never found doing the mapping in my head all that problematic.

Trasistor does as well...that's about it. Supergiant actually implemented native DS4 support for that one, which is interesting.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

No, they better keep that shit on last gen and PC and not port it to next gen. If they port it, i'd be forced to buy it, and i want to keep this lighting garbage behind me.

ConceptX

Everytime I see that dog I can see what happened during developement:

Modeler: "Sir, that dog we made the other day dosn't look very good, let me..."

Toriyama:"Um...how many dresses we have for Lightning?"

Modeler:"23"

Toriyama:"Fuck that dog, make more dresses for Lightning, I want 100 at least"

Modeler:"but sir..."

Toriyama:"I SAID MORE DRESSES FOR MY WAIFUUUUUUUU!!"

Laughed out pretty loud at this, good job sir.

I'm impressed that Square Enix actually listened to feedback for duel audio and such, especially for such a cheap game, impressive indeed. I feel like XIV shocked Square Enix into some sense, and we are/will be seeing the result of that in the future.

Under recommended on the Steam page it also says:
*Maximum supported frame rate: 60fps

Edit: I'm actually excited to see what the badges, emoticons and backgrounds look like, hope they are good, I expect the backgrounds will be, but the other FF games with badges have pretty subpar emoticons.

Nevadatan

Durante-sama, if its 60 locked, i bet you are going to try to unlock it right? right?

Top Bottom