• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

SenkiDala

Oh, for those who are preloading, the game is 60Go for the US too? Because here in France it is, so if you have the JP audio with 60Go, we should have it too. :eek:

Faabulous

7 hours remaining. Crap, I won't even be home to start the decryption. Might not play this today if the decryption takes too long.

TheTux

Got my GMG right now too.

By the way it's so weird to see Square Enix counter-marketing themselves if the dual language option is true (it probably is, since the "orange box" got edited).

The orange box still shows only english audio for my language, but it's just because they haven't edited it yet I believe.

Edit: downloading right now, how much time will decrypting at launch take?

Kyougar

Yeah, I don't get it.
Pretty stunning that Square Enix of all people went and listened to people complaining (I mean, how often does that happen? On such a short notice?) but it could've been handled a bit smoother.

And PC People at that! Console guys wouldnt had
asked

Is my 3rd playthrough now with the PC Version. First 2 were on PS3.
FFXIII-2 on the other hand... I never finished that. Lost interest. Hope it comes end of year to PC.

Anteater

GMG...

4tltteagelzu.png

Here's hoping! It's gonna be a long download.

Indeed. Till then GMG will suffer with my F5 attacks until it appears. I need to get to bed soon and I really want to get this going... My home connection is 60mbps, but the computer I'm going to download it to is restricted to 10-15mbps (power line adapter).

If it really is 60GB once installed, it probably is. There is only so much compression you can do on video/audio files before switching to lossier encoding methods, and those can fuck themselves.

I guess this game would be even larger without high compression, something like 1 TB maybe.

I'm not a huge fan of the FF 13 trilogy, but the 60fps thing has me intrigued, maybe I'll give it a go again too. I still remember how it played on PS3, and 60fps with 1080p seem to be a real benefit this time, especially with Japanese voice acting now available.

I guess this game would be even larger without high compression, something like 1 TB maybe.

Completely uncompressed video/audio? Much much much more. 1920x1080x24(24-bit color)x30(30fps)= 1,492,992,000bp/s. That's 177 megabytes per second of video. Modern day video compression is a thing of ungodly beauty.

Completely uncompressed video/audio? Much much much more. 1920x1080x24(24-bit color)x30(30fps)= 1,492,992,000bp/s. That's 177 megabytes per second of video. Modern day video compression is a thing of ungodly beauty.

Well I only was just guessing, so I got no exact data or anything, but uncompressed this game would be even more huge, I guess 60 GB is a good accomplishment.

That depends on the type of external HDD. If it's USB3 or eSATA, it should work fine. Not so on USB2.

Depends on the game and if it does a lot of streaming. I'd never put an open world game on a USB2 hard drive. A game with a lot of load screens is going to be loading entire areas into ram at once and stream very little and will therefore work really well (aside from slow load screens, but USB2 would still be faster than PS3 Blu-ray read speeds)

Fuckabout, 60GB? That must surely be the new champion for install sizes? Wolfenstein TNO was the largest game i have installed to date at 50GB. I was going to take a gamble on buying this but god damn, dat 60GB tho..

UnrealEck

Just got it for £4 by selling a bunch of cards and buying a few keys and trading those for it. 2 hour download though. Wish the Japanese audio was optional. What were they thinking?

Guys, should I play this or FFVIII?

VIII is a better game, though it's not exactly a great FF either.

I activated my key at work and now the game doesn't show up on my account on the Web or the mobile app which means that I can't remotely start the download. Ugh!

I'd argue that a person who has never played the game and doesn't read a guide would have a hard time breaking it the first time around.

I dunno, I managed to break it pretty hard my first time through, but it wasn't until I was already 2/3rds or so through. (subsequent play throughs grabbing the magic forging ability make it easily). Though again, breaking it takes a conscious effort. You can't really 'accidentally' break it.

Stuart444

If you don't intentionally break it, it's fine. If you do intentionally break it? Well you made the game easier for yourself.

Still waiting for my GMG e-mail... god I want sleep...

It is so easy to break once you know how.

I don't mind though, I enjoy it. <3 FFVIII, my favourite FF :D

But yeah to the question of which to play, both!

Breaking the game is half the fun though

IMO FF VIII is better in every aspect so I'd suggest that one, but why not just play both

The fact that FF8 has triple triad automatically means it's better than 13. If you have to choose between FF8 and FF13 right this moment? Play FF13 just because there is a lot of hype going on in this thread and it's fun to participate in. That said FF8 is easily the better of the two games.

Holykael1

Banned
It would be awesome if someone ever made a save file editor thing that can turn a ps3 save file into a steam compatible save file ala FF7 Black Chocobo. I would do all the sidequests on my ps3 save file, as opposed to starting the game from scratch.

Top Bottom