• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Ok! Snacks and plenty of soda bought!

Tomorrow I'll be heading to school but there is ZERO chance that I'll sleep today/tonight. Gonna pump this shit at least 50 hours before I'll even consider sleeping

MarriedVapidHawk.gif

Tizoc

Of all the days to have an afternoon shift WHY TODAY?!
My new 2 TB Ex HDD just arrived at the post office and while they open on Saturdays (I think?) I WANNA START DLING THIS NOW!

I'll be at work but I'll check on here on my breaks to see if the controller layout can be switched between ps and xbox. I may still pick it up either way but since I'm gonna be using a ds4 it would be easier if it used ps layout.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'M HOME!!!! Went to GAME and bought this because WHY THE FUCK NOT FFXIII HYPE!

H8iqUnj.jpg

Raitningz

I'm loving the body pillow.

Any of you hardcore fans know how much space of the PS3 disc was taken up with audio files? I'd love a new piece to show off my sound system.

I have an archive containing all of Lightning's dialogue in battle, her grunts, when she gets hit, her battle cries, slash sounds, etc. in FFXIII.

They only take up 10.9MB, so maybe you can estimate from there. It's not much, I think. Most of it goes to the cutscenes.

ss_lemonade

I'm not really a fan of FF 13 so is it bad that I had a dream last night of me playing the game already? At least in my dream, I was sure that the CG cutscenes were as clean as the ps3 version

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
2 hours now!! I'm ready as hell for the night!:
BzgsPuLCUAAsm9j.png:large

I commend your dedication to lightning. She's kind of a cool female lead, save for LR.

I started FF13 again thanks to suppadoopa and Yoshichan and so far I like what I played(finished Chapter 4). I think I needed that 4 year wait for me to appreciate how solid the game is as a FF game.

Zhutchka

Is it possible to download the preload to a secondary drive, and then install it directly to the SSD? Or would you need to install it on the preload drive and then move files? If so, does Steam support doing that nowadays, or would you have to find a 3rd party solution or do it manually?

Raitningz

I comment your dedication to lightning. She's kind of a cool female lead, save for LR.

I started FF13 again thanks to suppadoopa and Yoshichan and so far I like what I played(finished Chapter 4). I think I needed that 4 year wait for me to appreciate how solid the game is as a FF game.

Yeah, awesome! Heard that suppa got you a copy.

zbarron

I have an archive containing all of Lightning's dialogue in battle, her grunts, when she gets hit, her battle cries, slash sounds, etc. in FFXIII.

They only take up 10.9MB, so maybe you can estimate from there. It's not much, I think. Most of it goes to the cutscenes.

How long total do those all take? If it's about a minute then that is comparable to FLAC compression which would be sufficient. Also is it ripped straight from the disc or compressed to MP3 or other format?

Raitningz

I gotta find some way to thank him for it. I needed to step away and judge the game on its own merits and not what the crowd said.

It's certainly not the best FF game, but it's not a terrible FF game.

Yeah, suppa is awesome.

Will you still be playing the PC version then...?

kick51

Banned
40 mins till this DL finishes

2 hours till unlock

~15 hours till full battle system, but maybe i can cut it down this time

Grief.exe

I'll be at work but I'll check on here on my breaks to see if the controller layout can be switched between ps and xbox. I may still pick it up either way but since I'm gonna be using a ds4 it would be easier if it used ps layout.

On PC, you just need to get used to the 360 prompts for the foreseeable future.

It's the current standard. The only thing we can do is communicate to developers that it should be a priority.

Yoshichan

God, I love Raitningz's art

ONE HOUR GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raitningz

How long total do those all take? If it's about a minute then that is comparable to FLAC compression which would be sufficient. Also is it ripped straight from the disc or compressed to MP3 or other format?

Eh, a friend ripped them from me, but I believe he did nothing with them; They're just MP3 files. 735 mp3 files each 1-3 seconds, add up to 10.9MB.

Top Bottom