• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

JordanKZ

Update on framerate:

It seems to either go between 30fps and 60fps (tested with fraps) and nothing in between. Maybe a forced vsync? It's hard to tell. Either way its jumping all over the shop and I have a very powerful PC.

studyguy

So we're gonna have to downsample to get it to 1080p, my question now is, will the UI scale horribly if we go past 1080?

I would imagine so unless they allow the UI to scale independently.
670px-Create-Fire-With-a-Magnifying-Glass-Step-4.jpg

Raitningz

As i told all of you before. They aren't going to let you touch the resolution cause all the pre-rendered cut-scenes are fixed at 720p. I only expect the gameplay to be 60fps too, 30fps cutscenes will be default.

He's right, actually.

Much of the cutscenes, even the non-CGI ones, are pre-rendered.

Nethaniah

You can't downsample if a game doesn't support resolution options.

The launcher just says "windowed display mode" and "full-screen display mode" no in-game options to speak of.

Also not sure if my afterburner settings are set for Vram but ram usage is 3100mb give or take.

Durante

Update on framerate:

It seems to either go between 30fps and 60fps (tested with fraps) and nothing in between. Maybe a forced vsync? It's hard to tell. Either way its jumping all over the shop and I have a very powerful PC.
Is this in the same situation or just between cutscenes and gameplay? The latter would be expected.

Mohasus

Update on framerate:

No, 30 fps during cutscenes, but the pause screen is 60fps so the framerates jump. I'm 60fps locked during a battle with a GTX660 (well it is 720p only).

Also no xbox controller icons.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can someone just fucking tell me the FRAMERATE, RESOLUTION AND AA

PLZ

jett

D-Member
Update on framerate:

In the middle of gameplay?

A lot of cut-scenes in the game are actually videos rendered with PS3-level graphics, so that could be a reason.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
MSI Afterburner.

Very bizarre that they'd bother to change the framerate but not the resolution.

I knew they were going to do it as soon as they announced the PC version. Its cause all the pre-rendered cut-scenes are locked at 720p. Considering those cutscenes are actually a majority of the game, that's something they can't let people tamper with.

I'm surprised they put the game in 60fps, because unlike TLOU, they obviously didn't rerenderer everysingle cut-scene in 60fps either.

JordanKZ

No, 30 fps during cutscenes, but the pause screen is 60fps so the framerates jump. I'm 60fps locked during a battle with a GTX660 (well it is 720p only).

Also no xbox controller icons.

Is this in the same situation or just between cutscenes and gameplay? The latter would be expected.

In the middle of gameplay?

A lot of cut-scenes in the game are actually videos rendered with PS3-level graphics, so that could be a reason.

This is mid fight, against two enemies. It seems to flip between 30 and 60 pretty rapidly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ok so 60 battles, 30 cutscene

What about regular running around

MayMay

Banned
So, can someone post a screenshot already? Id like to see the overall quality. Also - do the cutscenes have compression artifacts (Xbox 360) or look nice and clean (PS3)?

Top Bottom