• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Confirmed 720p

Honetslytly square

Go fcil yourslsf

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Remember...Crystal tools..they aren't going back and redoing that for DX11...its a dead engine.

vio

It's 720p?!

EBpM78Q.png

the fuck are you doing Square-Enix
They decided to lock it at the same specs as ps3 and x360 to avoid all the debates and stuff. Mmmmokay?

_woLf

Why did they even fucking bother?

Will not be buying XIII-2 or LR unless they fix this shit. So fucking disappointing.

jett

D-Member
This is a totally unsurprising turn of events. This is a cheapo port done for some Japanese streaming service or something, having a Steam release was just a happy byproduct of that situation. Not even Xbox buttons in the HUD, that's just amazing.

Nethaniah

2014, 720p, 1080p being a standard for a fucking decade, the platform it's now being release on is already moving to 4k, fuck Square.

Knurek

You guys, you guys!

bink2w32.dll in game exe directory

How painful is the macroblocking during cutscenes?
As bad as the X360 version? Or worse?

Deepo

This is a totally unsurprising turn of events. This is a cheapo port done for some Japanese streaming service or something, having a Steam release was just a happy byproduct of that situation. Not even Xbox buttons in the HUD, that's just amazing.

You can switch in the options menu. They're not colored though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I am shocked.
You guys should have expected this.

Swarna

Odd that they don't even allow you to upscale to your monitor resolution at the very least like the 360 version.

This is basically the console version with double the FPS in gameplay, yes?

Glad I didn't spend money, yet. Hopefully someone can mod in custom resolution if at all possible.

Toth

This is so confusing to read. Isn't 60 FPS a good thing? Did it matter what the initial resolution was since everyone knows Durante can unlock it later? Geez.

garath

As much as I wish it was a proper PC port, at least I get to play the game finally. And it's 60fps! That's something lol

Honestly doesn't bother me that much. It seems to me like a locked framerate would be harder to find a workaround for, while being significantly more noticeable(to me, at least). As long as they officially support 60FPS, I'm alright.

Top Bottom