• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Shin-Ra

4. Will skip FFXIII-2.
5. May get LR for 60fps.
You got these the wrong way round.

PC and i swear i cannot see a difference .

If you switched the tags around you would totally fool me .
:/

I honestly don't see a difference in those PS3 / PC comparison shots. Lol

Apparently I'm blind.
Yes.

How did Square do such a poor port when every other recent FF PC game wasn't too bad?
The music's still shit in the PC FFVII/FFVIII ports, no?

I wonder has anyone tried it with NVIDIA 3D Vision yet?

Not that it would do any good for me at this point--I've got it so it outputs the 3D as interleaved horizontal lines, so any resolution other than the TV's native 1080p doesn't work properly.

kevin1025

Banned
Thought I'd wait till it was unlocked to download, going through the allocation process now. A 2TB drive never felt so small till the past few game releases.

Aramiyo

Banned
I wonder has anyone tried it with NVIDIA 3D Vision yet?

Not that it would do any good for me at this point--I've got it so it outputs the 3D as interleaved horizontal lines, so any resolution other than the TV's native 1080p doesn't work properly.

I may give it a try. Good for a laugh at least.

Oh good cause I just said on stream (not that anyone watches me) that it was garbage and you shouldn't give Square your money until it's fixed.

kick51

Banned
If the game shows black bars in fullscreen mode on a 16:9 monitor, it is very likely your monitor isn't scaling 1280x720 very well. You can force your GPU to scale instead in the NVidia/AMD control panel. That should fix it.

Thanks, this fixed it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well guys

Time to start playing this shitfest

If they (or Durante) fixes anything, plz PM me

Skyzard

Banned
In NV Inspector, I selected "Aliasing - Mode = Override any application setting", and went all out with "Antialiasing - Setting = 4x4 [4x4 Supersampling (D3D only)]." It seems to be working because the image looks cleaner in spite of the inevitable "720p blur", and the GPU usage has definitely gone up from single digits at default settings.

Thank you very much.

galv

Unconfirmed Member
So...how's everyone's frame rates?

mine's ass. fluctuates like crazy in battle

Likely you have an Nvidia GPU...look a few pages back, you need to fix it by forcing High Performance in Nvidia Control.

What's happening is that your GPU is not using all its resources cause FFXIII at 720p requires literally jack-shit to run.

Levyne

Banned
I guess me being out until next Wednesday will hopefully give time for some unofficial fixes and or patches to roll in by the time I get a chance to play it.

GavinUK86

There's Hope yet!

giphy.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I thought the stutter right between the battle loads and during large effects is attributed to the shitty HDD I keep Steam on but moving the game to SSD did jack all.

MayMay

Banned
Your GPU is downclocking. It's 60 FPS on my 770 at 3200x1800.
dump067_framedump_posr1oua.jpg

That's from the framedump, in-game it currently looks like this:
screenshot_2014-10-09b2p0v.png

Fixing the "small" stuff is usually the hard part, so don't get your hopes up yet.

Go Durante! Go Durante! Go!! :D

1 hour, 20 minutes. No promises, if Durante can't work magic I definitely won't... but I'll at least do some snooping to see if I can't spot anything at least interesting on the resolution front.

(edit) Hah looks like I won't need to bother. Still this is awesome to see.

Skyzard

Banned
TOO LATE! HOPES UP!!

Thanks for the progress headsup!

Damn, that afro manages to disappoint even more at that resolution though ha.

Your GPU is downclocking. It's 60 FPS on my 770 at 3200x1800.

That's from the framedump, in-game it currently looks like this:

Fixing the "small" stuff is usually the hard part, so don't get your hopes up yet.
I'm getting crazy amounts of dips on my 760. Like any time there's any sort of transparency effect outside of the in-game rendered cutscenes it dumps down to 30fps. That's what bugs me, honestly. 720p scaled from my GPU doesn't look awful (Dead Rising 3 looked much worse at 720p, for example). But the weird performance issues are nagging me.

Top Bottom