• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

ss_lemonade

Your GPU is downclocking. It's 60 FPS on my 770 at 3200x1800.
Fixing the "small" stuff is usually the hard part, so don't get your hopes up yet.
! You truly are a God among men when it comes to this stuff. Hopefully you are able to figure things out without much problem

Nethaniah

Aw, I was kinda hyped for a good looking port, just to see how beautiful the game could run on a high end PC. Sounds like the PS3 version is still the one to beat.

Why, exactly? This runs much better and at the same resolution, we also have dual audio (except for asian territories) and we can force AA / AF.

Gbraga

Your GPU is downclocking. It's 60 FPS on my 770 at 3200x1800.
dump067_framedump_posr1oua.jpg

That's from the framedump, in-game it currently looks like this:
screenshot_2014-10-09b2p0v.png

Fixing the "small" stuff is usually the hard part, so don't get your hopes up yet.

AAAAAAAAAW SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT

Any chance of the PS3 quality cutscenes being modded in? The compression looks awful, and at 40 gigs I really figured they would be up to par.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Despite them using Bink it's not the same encode as on 360.
360 videos even were in 1024 if I remember right.

Anyway, regarding Japanese audio.
I found that some dialogue choices in English version are kinda incoherent and seem way out of context and sure enough, in some instances Japanese text just flows outright better. Nothing grand, but some lines are straight messed up.

sqwarlock

I'm lazy and don't feel like combing through the pages since it was unlocked. Can anyone give me the rundown on the quality of this port? Is it locked at 720p, for example?

Skyzard

Banned
You don't need to upscale the pre-recorded scenes. It's not the best solution, but it's a standard that everyone understands.

Yeah, true I mean... there are a lot of cutscenes and so we might be transitioning in resolution quite a lot if things work out but that's no reason not to even give us the option, like some sort of pleb.

Nethaniah

I'm lazy and don't feel like combing through the pages since it was unlocked. Can anyone give me the rundown on the quality of this port? Is it locked at 720p, for example?

The resolution is locked @ 720p and the cutscenes are a bit worse than the ps3 ones, only two issues that i'm facing tbh.

50GB for this shit? Dual audio or not, fuck this.

Dual audio REALLY should've been a free DLC option from the get-go, with PS3-level video quality. Yes, the size of having dual-audio would've been even bigger than 60 GB, but in all honesty I'm pretty sure a considerable number of people never plan on playing with Japanese audio and they'd much rather have better video quality AND lower space requirement to boot.

Just about the only thing SE didn't fuck up hilariously is the framerate. Everything else about this port (from ESC-to-cold-exit to the resolution) has been a carnival of stupid.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
holy shit this game looks great now despite being in 720p

aax8 afx16

Also, if any of you are running this on a laptop with NVIDIA Optimus (Intel VGA + NVIDIA), don't forget to change the settings on the GPU control pannel, otherwise it will try to run on the Intel chip.

Force every AA and AF option in your settings may be enough (your GPU is getting bored and dropping down to a lower speed because the game isn't pushing it at all). Otherwise you'll have to disable it from going into power saving mode.
Done that gone on super sampling 24x, and anisotropic is up to 16x, with triple buffering still dropping to 30 and around

I told you, didn't I? Ports are tough.

Ports of old console exclusives aren't trivial, since they can get away with hardcoding as much shit as possible. Problems happen when a developer wants to port an old console exclusive with the least effort possible, that's just a recipe for disaster.

I was hoping SE was going to actually put effort into this, given the fact that FFXV PC seems a real possibility, but unfortunately it turns out that this is simply a cash grab from a bare-bones port they already did for their streaming service.

rjc571

Banned
Ha ha wtf, this is only 720p? How long until Durante fixes it?

Like seriously, this is mindblowingly stupid. Isn't implementing higher resolution frame buffers completely trivial?

Durante

Seems a waste to try and fix an awful awful game like this. Let Squeenix wash their own laundry.
I'm not doing this for Square Enix or other people. I'm doing it because I think Sunleth Waterscape is beautiful and I want to take an 8k screenshot of it.

MayMay

Banned
I just started the game.. and.. it doesnt look so bad tbh. For being 720p. Not at all.

Ill have alot of fun with this (except with the cutscenes)

Top Bottom