• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Unai

Not sure if posted yet but Porcupine posted a downsampled image in 1080p in the Steam thread

15302112500_77ed85efd3_h.jpg

Someone explain this. That image is 1600x900. Did the guy upscaled it or something?

AJ_Wings

Pressing Escape in windowed mode brings up the "Are you sure..." dialogue rather than just dropping the process straight away.

Why

It's so bizarre. Confirmation for window mode but a boot straight to desktop in full screen. Lots of strange decisions went into this port.

I can't believe how horrendous the performance is. I've got an i5 2500K at 4.2GHz and a GTX780, and while it's a relatively smooth 60fps in the field, it fluctuates wildly between 30-60 in battles, and any sort of full-screen effect reduces it massively (the screen dimming during the tutorial slows it down to 30fps).

With the complete absence of any video configuration settings, surely that's no good for their streaming service? Wouldn't they need it to be efficient?

Well... they did end up delaying it until further notice, lol.

ToD_

If the game shows black bars in fullscreen mode on a 16:9 monitor, it is very likely your monitor isn't scaling 1280x720 very well. You can force your GPU to scale instead in the NVidia/AMD control panel. That should fix it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys when I say black bars I mean HUGE black bars...

OQNDkcf.jpg

FF13 windowed takes control of my mouse & desktop.

I have to ALT-TAB to my browser or Steam if I want to access the start menu or do anything else.
Fucking ridiculous this shit is.

EDIT: Oops. Alt-tabbing to the desktop fixes things.
This is just ?????

MayMay

Banned
In theory it shouldn't be too hard to get the PS3's cutscenes from a dump of the Blu-ray.

Yeah, I might even be waiting for that.. the PS3 cutscenes are just too damn perfect. At least the CGI ones, I dont care much about the rendered "normal" cutscenes.

They're all broken links, because they've all been removed due to copyright lol

Also I doubt they'd be in the right format anyways.

glaurung

No, it's not. lol
Heh, just for reference about the game files:

Movies folder - 42 GB
Program folder - 38 MB
System folder - 6 GB
Zone folder - 13 GB

The game is mostly movies.

The game looks mighty fine on my WQHD monitor, shame there is no native support for any resolutions beyond 1080p. I am sure someone will mod it in short order though. Oh and the settings XML file is the laziest one I've seen yet.

diaspora

JP/ENG has their own lipsynched cutscene, that's why it increased to 50GB after they added dual audio. The PS3 version of FFXIII with only English cutscenes/audio is 40GB. So they're definitely more compressed, no where near as bad as 360 though.

xxw9Tfa.png
/
Is it possible to delete the Japanese one?

FtsH

Someone try CheatEngine just search for 1280x720 and change it to 4320x2160? lol I have not idea but want the resolution issue fixed so badly....

Tizoc

Megatextures

and

???

Oh I know about the megatextures but cutscenes are pre-rendered 30 FPS IIRC, and honestly the game looks good but not OMGTHISPCGAMINGBLISSVISUALS good.
Heck Sleepy Dawgs blows my mind and it's 10-20 GB with the high res textures pack.

Enthus

I hope someone has a fix for this port reasonably soon. I'm considering not even playing it unless someone has a way to up the resolution.

ss_lemonade

I can't believe how horrendous the performance is. I've got an i5 2500K at 4.2GHz and a GTX780, and while it's a relatively smooth 60fps in the field, it fluctuates wildly between 30-60 in battles, and any sort of full-screen effect reduces it massively (the screen dimming during the tutorial slows it down to 30fps).

Force performance mode on your nvidia control panel maybe as suggested. Some games that aren't demanding enough end up not utilizing your GPU much

Faustek

At least I can play the game in Japanese I guess.

#optimistLuukyk

Wait? How? Where?

Is it possible to get the PS3 cutscenes in? This port, man...

Inb4 they just straight-up used the 360 cutscenes for the PC port.

I'm pretty sure they just ported the 360 version. It looks that way.

Anyway....I'm kinda disappointed. Yet again in one of SEs ports :(
Only saving grace is that it has maintained a straight 60FPS for me, I'm one of those that throws hardware at things, but the resolution...even with forced settings and everything, it kinda destroys the visuals :(

FtsH

Movies folder - 42 GB
Program folder - 38 MB
System folder - 6 GB
Zone folder - 13 GB

The game looks mighty fine on my WQHD monitor, shame there is no native support for any resolutions beyond 1080p. I am sure someone will mod it in short order though. Oh and the settings XML file is the laziest one I've seen yet.

MB.........that needs to be bold.

Buburibon

What's the best AA we can force with this? Really clueless when doing that outside the game (other than the whole nvidia inspector and profiles usage) just not sure what's the best (using transparency with other settings for example? And if it's even supported)- all these long names like SSGGXAA with bits and bobs, would appreciate any help with that too.

In NV Inspector, I selected "Aliasing - Mode = Override any application setting", and went all out with "Antialiasing - Setting = 4x4 [4x4 Supersampling (D3D only)]." It seems to be working because the image looks cleaner in spite of the inevitable "720p blur", and the GPU usage has definitely gone up from single digits at default settings.

SenkiDala

Movies folder - 42 GB
Program folder - 38 MB
System folder - 6 GB
Zone folder - 13 GB

Well, as you know on most games Audio/Video are the heaviest things in a game, It always have been... But it doesn't mean that you spend most of the game watching videos. :)

Phaezyk

With the complete absence of any video configuration settings, surely that's no good for their streaming service? Wouldn't they need it to be efficient?

I have that exact same setup sans OC and I get slight frame drops consistently but nothing that's dropped me down to 30 yet other than cutscenes.

Top Bottom