• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Performance is weird, constant 60 in cut scenes, game rendered cut scenes, in battle though fluctuating 30-60 constantly really odd frame rate here.

Paracelsus

Not sure if posted yet but Porcupine posted a downsampled image in 1080p in the Steam thread

15302112500_77ed85efd3_h.jpg

Made me twitch a little, in a "this can't be" way.

ss_lemonade

I honestly don't see a difference in those PS3 / PC comparison shots. Lol

Apparently I'm blind.
Those pc shots look almost as bad as the terrible video quality in the 360 version. Maybe when viewed on a phone you would miss them, but those artifacts are clear as day for me

Can anyone confirm if you can delete/empty out the video files for the language you're not using, and the game still runs?

I renamed the entire folder and started a new game. The game doesn't crash but you have to press start and skip scene as it just shows black. So probably no problem without the dual audio.

Sentenza

Comparison PC and PS3 cutscenes:
PC:

PS3:

So yes, not PS3 quality :(
Eh, can't really say that FMV cutscenes are what concerns me about this port.
No arbitrary resolution and having to force AF and AA through utilities are the worst offenders by far.

Mkilbride

Banned
I can't believe it.

I saw Japanese voices, 60FPS support, I was like "Alright, time to support SE and show them I'll buy their games if they do it right!"

Shame on me.

720P?!

Skyzard

Banned
What's the best AA we can force with this? Really clueless when doing that outside the game (other than the whole nvidia inspector and profiles usage) just not sure what's the best (using transparency with other settings for example? And if it's even supported)- all these long names like SSGGXAA with bits and bobs, would appreciate any help with that too.

Dex815

Well for me the game does not even start. First try it froze during the cutscene. Next 3 tries it froze in SE logo.

Square... Enix...

Gatsby-toast-gif.gif

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Pressing Escape in windowed mode brings up the "Are you sure..." dialogue rather than just dropping the process straight away.

Why

aren't those just the original PC ports for those games though?

Yeah, that's why lol. Back when Square used to actually add to PC ports. I honestly don't care for FFXV now on PC though. No point if there are no added benefits.

Pressing Escape in windowed mode bring up the "Are you sure..." dialogue rather than just dropping the process straight away.

Why

With all of the advantages of playing windowed.... it seems like it's meant to be played that way.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Black bars with nvidia gpu

How do I find the settings to force resolution?

Holykael1

Banned
The game is 90% a movie anyway! lol

Cmon don't be ridiculous. There are 9 hours of cutscenes and about 45-50 hours of gameplay. Only about an hour of the CGI cutscenes.

2014_10_09_00011.jpg

last one for now

It looks much better than the ps3 version here. Hopefully the shitty port shit like the cutscenes, fullscreen AA and resolution can be fixed.

The port sucks yes.. but it's still potentially the best version of the game.

Nzyme32

Aaaand now I remember why I don't usually preorder, but, I understand its an older game and at least you can run it at 60fps but still... god damn you square, always so close yet so far off the mark.

Since the cutscenes are just there in a folder, if you figure out how to rip them from the PS3 disc and convert them to w/e file format they use for the PC version, they might work?

Top Bottom