• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

I'm glad about the 60 FPS. At the very least the gameplay will be smooth.

But I don't think I can get over the 720p. What in the holiest of fucks is wrong with Square? At the very least I paid $13 for it. I don't feel nearly as bad about this than I did on release day of Dark Souls 1 PC. Paid $40 AND didn't even have 60 FPS. Fortunately the fix for the resolution from Durante came pretty fast but the framerate hack didn't work well enough on my CPU to justify playing with it :(

I got my controller working, so I thought I'd take some screenshots.

F2177Ih.jpg

Q898Ix6.png

JJBzq58.jpg

aOYsolT.png
I don't know how to change the graphics, so I'll try that if I find out how.

So CGI cutscenes are 720p? WTF? Now I regret selling the PS3 version. I figured I'd pick up the whole trilogy during a steam sale since I haven't played the third game yet and sold off the console versions of XIII and XIII-2, might as well have kept them, I really wasn't expecting the port to be this shitty.

Caffeine

Your GPU is downclocking. It's 60 FPS on my 770 at 3200x1800.
dump067_framedump_posr1oua.jpg

That's from the framedump, in-game it currently looks like this:
screenshot_2014-10-09b2p0v.png

Fixing the "small" stuff is usually the hard part, so don't get your hopes up yet.

3200x1800 :D <3 i always #believe

Faustek

sigh...

Note:

People should understand that "passing it on" is the same as "no plans at the moment".

It could come in 2 weeks it could come in 2 years(I like Durantes arbitrary reasoning so going with that) but this being SE and the community bloggers, twitter handlers and everything already knew this as soon as the PR got out...Just nope.

So...how's everyone's frame rates?

mine's ass. fluctuates like crazy in battle

Stable 60 fps. Not far in though, might spaz out when the really heavy stuff comes out and I have 3 ravagers going nuts. No clue atm since I haven't had time to play that much...and probably never will :(

I should add that I'm one of those that actually likes 13, 13-2 and I'm starting LR as soon as I have seen all the different scope endings.

Shurayuki

Fixing the "small" stuff is usually the hard part, so don't get your hopes up yet.

You should just get a lump sum of money from every developer every year.

Not even as compensation for continuously fixing their games, you just already did so much.

<3

kick51

Banned
Likely you have an Nvidia GPU...look a few pages back, you need to fix it by forcing High Performance in Nvidia Control.

What's happening is that your GPU is not using all its resources cause FFXIII at 720p requires literally jack-shit to run.

I've had max performance set on the nvidia panel and windows. i'll toy around a little and see what happens...

zbarron

Have I told you lately that I love you.

Fears officially confirmed on the Codec front.
ffxiiiimg2014-10-0914sjskc.png

Hikami

First time hearing the Japanese dubs.
I'm liking Sazh's voice, but prefer Lightning's English voice over this one so far.

Yes I'm actually playing the game instead of freaking out over pixels, don't hurt me.

can anyone help me with the fluctuating frame rate issues I have, I'm using an AMD system, will post specs if needed.

Force every AA and AF option in your settings may be enough (your GPU is getting bored and dropping down to a lower speed because the game isn't pushing it at all). Otherwise you'll have to disable it from going into power saving mode.

Skyzard

Banned
I mean if they pre-record the cutscenes...and it's already 60gb at 720p for dual audio, I can imagine they would need like 1TB to support or the other resolutions? Or is there a better way...

Dinda

OMG Durante FFFix on the way!

Zafir

So good. Thanks for all your hard work man!

I mean if they pre-record the cutscenes...and it's already 60gb at 720p for dual audio, I can imagine they would need like 1TB to support or the other resolutions? Or is there a better way...

You don't need to upscale the pre-recorded scenes. It's not the best solution, but it's a standard that everyone understands.

Chris R

Durante going to cost me $35 ($15 to get the game from steam, $20 in internet overages from my shitty ISP)

Damn that looks good.

Nethaniah

Mouse / Keyboard controls seem pretty alright except for what i think is mouse acceleration.

Good to know i won't have to use a controller.

jorgeton

Aw, I was kinda hyped for a good looking port, just to see how beautiful the game could run on a high end PC. Sounds like the PS3 version is still the one to beat.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

The cutscenes are what they are, they won't be 'fixed' because they aren't broken.

A 720p video is a 720p video.

Holykael1

Banned
I won.. and yet I budged under the pressure and bought the game a few hours ago.. Never expected to win.. fuck.. I'm so stupid.
Anyway, I told suppa to give it to whoever had 2nd place. Thanks a lot buddy for the contest, unfortunately due to my idiocy I won't be the one reaping the benefits :p

RedSwirl

Yeah these posts are reminding me of old school Japanese PC ports.

You could say they don't have a clue, but then FFXIV exists so that's not possible.

Top Bottom