• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Aramiyo

Banned
Man, I wanted to stream this but the inconsistent framerate makes it almost unplayable.

Seriously, I have a 770. How does this not work?

Skyzard

Banned
Done that gone on super sampling 24x, and anisotropic is up to 16x, with triple buffering still dropping to 30 and around

Tried this:

He's talking about this:

5sfb.jpg

?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ha ha wtf, this is only 720p? How long until Durante fixes it?

Like seriously, this is mindblowingly stupid. Isn't implementing higher resolution frame buffers completely trivial?

Not when 99% of the game has pre-rendered cut-scenes locked at a certain resolution. Almost every cutscene your not controlling your character, even the game looking ones is a video. So upscaling that is gonna take some work, and they werent going to do it.

Good thing is they went realtime with 13-2 and LR, so that won't be an issue for the next 2 ports in terms of resolution and framerate atleast.

Stuart444

First time hearing the Japanese dubs.
I'm liking Sazh's voice, but prefer Lightning's English voice over this one so far.

Yes I'm actually playing the game instead of freaking out over pixels, don't hurt me.

Sazh is awesome no matter what his voice is <3

chobo

Neo Member
There is no 1080p, there is nothing about 720p until someone (most likely Durante) comes up with a work around. Until then, apply as much AA and AF as your drivers allow.

Well like getting rid of the black bars but I only see guide for NVIDIA. Seriously looks dumb with it lol

Lain

So I woke up a little while ago only to find out that not only my "pre-load" is still downloading (hahaha fuck my internet speed) but also that the port is lacking stuff (720p only? wtf?)?
What a shitty day.

kiyomi

My AMD card seemed to be downclocking, too. I was getting 30FPS just running around, even with everything cranked up in CCC.

Switched Supersampling off and turned Multisampling on, now it runs ~60FPS. Much nicer, and especially with the forced AA/AF.

It's a start, at least.

Skyzard

Banned
My Xbox 1 controller doesn't even work - did anyone have to do anything special with theirs for the game to recognize it?

could be vjoy messing things up let me check

yess okay good, it was vjoy.

MayMay

Banned
Is it wrong that the 720p looks totally acceptable on my 1080p monitor? Like, it doesnt look blurry, its not having alot of aliasing - either I got a magic copy or this game looks way better in 720p than pretty much any other 720p game I've seen.

The only thing that looks messed up is if I press F12 and look at the screenshots Steam is making - they're kinda.. ugly.

Top Bottom