• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Also, for those who care, both 120hz refresh rates and ToastyX Strobelight are (surprisingly) supported in the current windowed and fullscreen modes.

Guess that means the game either natively supports 120hz resolutions, just does what the desktop tells it to, or its fullscreen mode isn't the same thing as what DS2 and MGR:R use.

SE does what P* and FROM can't.

timshundo

God I love this wall.

Vqd0TZp.jpg

cafemomo

ooohhh man

that title screen with the promise playing ;_;

reminds me the days when I only had MGS4 and FFXIII on the talladeganighstatation 3 and I would replay them over and over again

Parsnip

I didn't pre-load so I'm still downloading, but I'll probably give hud and font (and moar) texture modding a shot once it's done. Unless someone is faster of course.

artsi

Ooooohhhhh...Tell us how. Other than 823497 x 3497842 resolutions the other thing I wanted from this port was to break numbers beyond belief.

Memory editing (traditional gameshark type cheating) is pretty easy. First off you need an editor, I use ArtMoney.

1) Open the game process and search for a value in the memory (for example max HP)
2) Change that value in the game (equip/unequip Iron Bangle to increase/decrease max HP)
3) Filter that new value

You'll probably get too many results on the first try. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 until you get only 1 or 2 results. Those are the values you want to change.

When it comes to character stats they are usually pretty close to each other, so when you find one stat you can just browse the memory table to find and modify the rest.

Here's a guide with pics: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=113733105

Saiyan-Rox

Sorry everyone I haven't been home only just now got in and booted it up so pardon if these have been asked before

WTF is going on? no graphics options and black bars? anyway to fix the bars at least?

Looks like living in Australia (and pre-ordering through GMG) is paying off. At first I was bummed that I still have another 10hours of downloading to go (started it last night at 9pm as soon as i got the keys and left it running over night) but if I'm lucky by the time it's done Durante will have worked some magic.

Time to put the $4 I saved to good use and buy Durante a coffee or two (can you even buy a coffee for 2 pounds?)

TheTux

What software can I use to force different video settings (like for example remove AA)?

I have a AMD videocard for notebooks.

Jisgsaw

Not really worth grinding until later in the game...way later.
But as soon as you make it out to the Archylte Steppe(Gran Pulse, when the game actually opens up a bit.) you can do various SM's and see if that does it for you.

If you want to get a nice kick from the last chapter's fights, I'd recommend to keep grinding and sidequests for postgame only.

16x AF
32x CSAA
AA Transparency at 8x Supersample
Texture Filtering: High Quality
Energy Control Method (or something along those lines, sorry I'm translating from Spanish): Maximum Performance preferred
Enable V-Sync
Enable Triple Buffering

You may also need to use "Antialiasing - Mode: Ignore any setting from the application" (again I'm translating, not sure the exact english wording).

awesome, thank you very much :)

Durante

So I need to sleep at some point. Should I release a version which is totally not done or should I wait?

("Totally not done" includes: random crashes when screenshotting, DoF unfixed [that is, original, low resolution DoF], probably tons more I'm not yet aware of)

Corpekata

Banned
So I need to sleep at some point. Should I release a version which is totally not done or should I wait?

("Totally not done" includes: random crashes when screenshotting, DoF unfixed [that is, original, low resolution DoF], probably tons more I'm not yet aware of)

Totally not done.

Skilletor

Totally not done.

MayMay

Banned

A totally not done version, please. The thirst is so real. Also, we could make you aware of any weird stuff we notice further down the line when you wake up ^_^

Nethaniah

A release might mean more found bugs to fix when you wake up.

do it

Eyothrie

Totally not done

You should release it now so we can play test it and report bugs which will help you work faster when you wake up tomorrow :D . Screen shots and DOF are pretty minor anyways. Thanks for the awesome work !

artsi

Please release. Thank you.

Alright, after reading this thread at school all day I'm finally home and I just ran it for the first time.

720p is a real bummer, but with AA cranked up this version looks decidedly better than it does on PS3. The cutscenes are noticeably worse, but it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

But holy shit, 60fps is a game changer. This game looks absolutely gorgeous running at that speed.

Now I anxiously await updates from Durante.

For the love of Lightning, let us beta test it for you.

Kain

You could wait months and the problem would still be there, take all the time you need, man.

Braag

We can beta test it for you.

Gbraga

YES, PLEASE

Durante do what you feel is right. We of course want to play with it now, but we also know that if you release that you'll be flooded with bug reports of things you already know when you wake up.

Dr Dogg

Consider it an open beta at users own risk. Then again I've got 13 hours to finish downloading it so personally I'm not fussed.

GavinUK86

Yeah just release whatever you've done up to this point. If it crashes it crashes. We all know you'll fix it when you carry on.

Top Bottom