• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

artsi

I like breaking games.

That ATB level.

HTYRZ4n.jpg

Forgive me, I've been busy and not following the thread so I'd like to ask if XIII supports resolutions higher than 1280x720? What about over 30 FPS? Thanks.

If serious, no support for any resolution other than 1280x720, but solid 60fps as long as you can keep your GPU from going to sleep (30fps during cutscenes)

Skyzard

Banned
Yup. I would imagine that a better result could be found (for SGSSAA), but this took me two seconds. Bits take loads of testing. I think 8x supersampling + 32x CSAA worked too, but it was kinda blurry.

Thank you again.

One last thing - for SGSSAA you disable transparency multisampling right? But not for normal super sampling?

But SGSSAA NEEDS the bits?

Hellraider

If by "full screen" you mean running it at 1280x768, that's not 720p, so no, it's not possible. Not until some people on this board finish hacking it to work...

By fullscreen I meant anything that didnt have me looking at my desktop on the background. Black bars or anything included.

2San

I've heard switching the power management mode to prefer maximum performance helped some people. Isn't working for me though. I had it set to that from the beginning and still am getting dips.
Yeah same problem from what I see with CPU-Z its the CPU downclocking itself as well.

Serandur

-Locked @ 720p
-Cappped @ 60fps, some people say it can drop in battle
-Cutscenes worse than the ones from the ps3 version.

Probably because in windowed mode it's an external menu, not an in-game one.

Say what?

If serious, no support for any resolution other than 1280x720, but solid 60fps as long as you can keep your GPU from going to sleep (30fps during cutscenes)

That's a shame, 2560x1440 monitor here. Blech.

ViviOggi

I actually like that it is so easy to quit the game. But the exit prompt should show up in fullscreen as well, it's just weird how it isn't right now.
They could just not disable Alt+F4 for the program, instant exit upon pressing Esc is utterly absurd behavior in 2014.

Say what?
The cutscenes are the 720p versions most likely from the Xbox 360 build, rather than the 1080p versions the PS3 had. They probably chose this because as it is it's a 60GB download, because the game includes two versions of every cutscene, one English one Japanese. At 1080p with no other changes, it'd probably be a 100GB download.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah same problem from what I see with CPU-Z its the CPU downclocking itself as well.

This you could just prevent in the windows control panel, right? I had this issue but just setting the general power options to performance has fixed my cpu-z reading in the past.

legacyzero

Banned
Gimme dat GeDoSaTo 4K magic Durante. I already hate this game, but I wanna give it a fair chance again. Not gonna do that at 720p though.

Thanks for doing what devs sometimes dont.

The cutscenes are the 720p versions most likely from the Xbox 360 build, rather than the 1080p versions the PS3 had. They probably chose this because as it is it's a 60GB download, because the game includes two versions of every cutscene, one English one Japanese. At 1080p with no other changes, it'd probably be a 100GB download.
Dunno if that's true either, since one language in the PC version is a good 10GB larger than the 360 version.

Mihos

Gold Member
Has anyone tried it with Shield Tablet or portable? I might do a play through while I watch football or something.

Besides the opening ones, the PS3 videos were 720p... also weren't the 360 ones sub-720p?

We don't yet have confirmation if these videos are from the 360 version, we only know that both versions use Bink for compression. We do know because of that that they are not the PS3 versions.

Kazdane

Pre-rendered cutscenes seemed fine to me. I've upped everything I could in my NVIDIA control panel, and even despite the 720p, the game looks superb (especially in 60fps, so smooth).

Few screens (this is with 32x CSAA AA, 8x Transparecy supersampling, 16x AF).

beE8nFa.jpg

JnEYbZt.jpg

l0VqTe0.jpg

JvZqc7F.jpg

oByvThP.jpg

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Unfortunately I have to agree. A shame, considering the awesome translation from 12. Did the same company do the two translations btw?

Sadly, no. Matsuno got Alex O. Smith for 12. SE did 13 all in-house with people making calls who really don't get English that well.

orochi91

Will it be possible to substitute fan translations over the localized subtitles?

Sadly, no. Matsuno got Alex O. Smith for 12. SE did 13 all in-house with people making calls who really don't get English that well.

This explain everything D':

-GOUKI-

Anyone experiencing a weird lag with the 360 controller? My character refuses to run sometimes. Also has someone figured out a way to get rid of the black bars on AMD cards?

Has anyone got a good list of upgrades to force via Nvidia control panel for the best results?

Specs:

i5 3570k @ 4.2GHz
16GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 670

Would like to maintain 60 fps.

Just a list of options to turn up would be nice.

2San

This you could just prevent in the windows control panel, right? I had this issue but just setting the general power options to performance has fixed my cpu-z reading in the past.
Yeah, it works. Only some minor framedrops with transitions now (which is fine).

Top Bottom