• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Well we'll see. One of the guys who works on the game said they're looking into support for 1920x1080. I doubt it'll happen from SE but who knows. They did hold true to the Japanese audio request. However this is a bit more work I'd assume.

If they have access to the actual code, which Durante doesn't, surely it should be relatively easy for them to do ?

Durante

Wasn't Deadly Premonition doing everything in the weirdest way? Like that engine was set up by some strange team of 10,000 monkeys coding.
Deadly premonition was far far more challenging than either DS or, what it looks like, FF13. It's certainly ... idiosyncratic.

studyguy

So, I just want to make one point about this.

Preface: Durante is extremely talented, experienced, and dedicated. I don't want to take anything away from him.

However, he'd agree with me that the point of him fixing this stuff so quickly is that the stuff should not have been broken to begin with. The entire point is that this isn't that teams aren't able to do this, it's that they don't even conceptually think to do it. It never even occurs to them. It's mostly a cognitive blindness rather than a lack of ability. I'm also certain that Durante would point out that the only reason it takes him more than 5 seconds is that he has to reverse engineer things that are going on in the engine; if he had access to the engine, he'd be able to work much more quickly. That's the silent undercurrent of all three of the games he's fixed.

I would be curious as to what constraints they were forced to work with. I'm more inclined to believe SE simply outlined a barebones port for them to work on and allotted no time or directive to expand. Maybe it is partially due to a disconnect in expectations of Japan vs the West but who knows really.

Unless SE themselves comes out and goes, whoops here's what happened then it's all speculation. Anyway thanks to Durante, dude is skilled but I'm sure he would wish as much as anyone else that we would have had all this out of the box so he didn't have to jump under to hood to do what he could.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So if what you're saying about GPU not recognizing the required processing power is true, any way to force just that and leave resolution alone? I have an Nvidia card.

kiyomi

Based GeDoSaTo.

ie4zfZ3t8gleZ.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
b...based durante... my god...

leng jai

So what happened to optimised for PC? Blatant lying as usual, lol.

As I said in the pre-release thread the cheap price was probably bad news. I'd rather pay double the price and get a decent PC port. Having cutscenes look and sound worse than the PS3 version makes this utterly useless for me almost. At least we have Durante to fix the in-game graphics.

Unai

As I said in the pre-release thread the the cheap price was probably bad news. I'd rather pay double the price and get a decent PC port. Having cutscenes look and sound worse than the PS3 version makes this utterly useless for me almost. At least we have Durante to fix the in-game graphics.

It seems the game super optimized perfomance wise, only it doesn't have settings.

Levyne

Banned

As I said in the pre-release thread the the cheap price was probably bad news. I'd rather pay double the price and get a decent PC port. Having cutscenes look and sound worse than the PS3 version makes this utterly useless for me almost. At least we have Durante to fix the in-game graphics.

Dude, full screen support

MayMay

Banned
Our raid group is down a man for normal. Is anyone up for it? Experienced 27+ would be nice.

Another sunsinger would be nice, or a Hunter. Anything will do though.

Psn: astropoff

Sometimes, I too accidentally click on the XIV OT even though I want to get to the XIII OT.

Wait, are you talking about Destiny? Wrong adress - bro lol

kiyomi

GeDoSaTo gets rid of the map and dialogs that come up when you're at a save point. I realised this, and I could hear the menu sounds of the save menu, but I couldn't see them.

Absent mindedly, I pressed ESC to back out of it.

Of course, I forgot that closes the game.

:<

Lain

Again, I'm not sure why people expected otherwise. Especially if they looked at other FF PC ports.

I expected at least PS3 quality cutscenes and support for 1080p. Not the biggest expectations ever I'd say.

I'm gonna stop dreaming about LR getting the texture work fixed for PC now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I expected at least PS3 quality cutscenes and support for 1080p. Not the biggest expectations ever I'd say.

You and I both know they aren't going to do anything.

wormania

These screenshots make me wonder why Squeenix didn't bother. This game looks fucking amazing (as we already knew from the PS3 version), why not show it off?

Teams of artists worked so hard so we could be see their work through a 720p filter with bad AA/no AF?

Arthea

I still think it needs to be done, necessary even, unless SE really doesn't give a damn about anything.

Top Bottom