• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

UnrealEck

I added you so I could give you my FF XIII Foil Card.

...Pls respond.

He's just told you he's busy in the comment you quoted.
I'm sure he appreciates it and it's nice you're trying to give him something back, but he's just said that there's too many people messaging him and prodding him with things.

Levyne

Banned
How do you change that ?

GPU (Nvidia here...)

You can either make it a global preference or just for the exe you want.

uPR53uj.png

Windows Control Panel

7u7vfFR.png

I'm on my (yes, dell) laptop at the moment but this setting is still a desktop option as well. Again, not a lot of people seem to need this tweak here but check if cpu-z is showing a low rate for your processor.

Using radeon pro, going to force fullspeed while the game is on via that to see if that remedies the frame stutter/30fps in battles... Really wish there was a button for skipping videos. Replaying the opening sequence for the 4th time.

Using radeon pro, going to force fullspeed while the game is on via that to see if that remedies the frame stutter/30fps in battles... Really wish there was a button for skipping videos. Replaying the opening sequence for the 4th time.

There is actually...
Start then Back.

Zomba13

are my shiny cards worth anything?
rzH1p5E.png

I legit thought this was a joke post with all the cards being of Lightning but I checked the market place (wasn't convinced with the other picture posted).

Holy shit. SE really do have a hard on for Lightning-chan don't they?

Alasfree

The game doesn't really stress out GPUs... so some of them run at power saving settings. That's why I can't get more than 30FPS on battles with my R9 290, the GPU is at 20% usage...
If your 290 is using 3D clock frequency it's not a power saving problem. It's an AMD drivers/optimization problem. My 7850 is the same, full 3d clock frequency but the game still can't go over 30 in battle and most exploration gameplay.

Kazdane

This is weird. The battles in the section
with Snow in the Hanging Edge
are locked to 30 fps, except for the
boss fight with the behemoth
which actually works at 60 fps.

Dr Dogg

Excellent work as always Durante.

Also are all the trading cards of Lightning? Actually why am I asking of course the bloody would be :\

Braag

Wow the steam reviews are full of 720p complaints. I wish more people reviewed the game instead of the resolution.

zbarron

He's just told you he's busy in the comment you quoted.
I'm sure he appreciates it and it's nice you're trying to give him something back, but he's just said that there's too many people messaging him and prodding him with things.
Oh I know. The "pls respond" was a joke. It's a running meme.

Joey Ravn

Banned
Is anyone of you having any issues with gamepads? I was finally able to get the game to load, but it doesn't recognize my wired 360 gamepad, only the keyboard.

Also, Durante: speechless. I can't believe I'm being a witness to another Dark Souls in the making... Hats off to you, man.

Tizoc

GPU (Nvidia here...)

You can either make it a global preference or just for the exe you want.

uPR53uj.png

Windows Control Panel

7u7vfFR.png

I'm on my (yes, dell) laptop at the moment but this setting is still a desktop option as well. Again, not a lot of people seem to need this tweak here but check if cpu-z is showing a low rate for your processor.

My settings panels don't look like that, how do I make it so it only uses maximum performance when electricity is on?

aranth

It doesn't for me, I forced my 7970 to run at top clocks and even then battles drop to 30-45 fps. Quite disappointing tbh, considering that out of combat runs at 60 without breaking a sweat.

If your 290 is using 3D clock frequency it's not a power saving problem. It's an AMD drivers/optimization problem. My 7850 is the same, full 3d clock frequency but the game still can't go over 30 in battle and most exploration gameplay.

I see... anyway, I still can't get it to use more than 30%...

It doesn't for me, I forced my 7970 to run at top clocks and even then battles drop to 30-45 fps. Quite disappointing tbh, considering that out of combat runs at 60 without breaking a sweat.

Battles are at 30fps for me... then when the ennemy is defeated, it goes at 60FPS... then out of combat, it's 30 to 45fps too... yet, GPU usage is so low !!

UnrealEck

Wow the steam reviews are full of 720p complaints. I wish more people reviewed the game instead of the resolution.

I would just thumb all those down if I could be arsed.
That and reviews people give when they've only played a few hours.
So essentially all the reviews deserve a thumbs down.

Eyothrie

You can pause (start button) during cutscenes then press to back button to skip

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I legit thought this was a joke post with all the cards being of Lightning but I checked the market place (wasn't convinced with the other picture posted).

Holy shit. SE really do have a hard on for Lightning-chan don't they?

If you look at the card by clicking on it, it's usually a group scene of some kind, but yeah... they like them some Lightning.

kick51

Banned
The battles are not "locked" at anything. My framerate swings all over the place during them. and as soon as the final blow is given to the last enemy, it shoots right back up again.

I've done all the fixes like maxing everything in nvidia control panel and my power settings are max. on a gtx 570.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It's beyond me that Durante can do what japanese devs clearly can´t do.

So, I just want to make one point about this.

Preface: Durante is extremely talented, experienced, and dedicated. I don't want to take anything away from him.

However, he'd agree with me that the point of him fixing this stuff so quickly is that the stuff should not have been broken to begin with. The entire point is that this isn't that teams aren't able to do this, it's that they don't even conceptually think to do it. It never even occurs to them. It's mostly a cognitive blindness rather than a lack of ability. I'm also certain that Durante would point out that the only reason it takes him more than 5 seconds is that he has to reverse engineer things that are going on in the engine; if he had access to the engine, he'd be able to work much more quickly. That's the silent undercurrent of all three of the games he's fixed.

LuuKyK

Seventy seven pages? Wtf happened?

Also, is Yoshi alive and well?

Edit: I see durante has already blessed the game with all his glorious fixes.

7870, same story. Battle runs exclusively in 30fps for me and 60fps everywhere else...

You can pause (start button) during cutscenes then press to back button to skip

No combination of buttons seems to be working on keyboard.

TheTux

Durante with your tool will I be able to decrease the graphic settings?

Yes my notebook sucks and the fps are bad, especially during battles. Not unplayable but really irritating. Can I for example run the game at a lower resolution?

So, I just want to make one point about this.

Preface: Durante is extremely talented, experienced, and dedicated. I don't want to take anything away from him.

However, he'd agree with me that the point of him fixing this stuff so quickly is that the stuff should not have been broken to begin with. The entire point is that this isn't that teams aren't able to do this, it's that they don't even conceptually think to do it. It never even occurs to them. It's mostly a cognitive blindness rather than a lack of ability. I'm also certain that Durante would point out that the only reason it takes him more than 5 seconds is that he has to reverse engineer things that are going on in the engine; if he had access to the engine, he'd be able to work much more quickly. That's the silent undercurrent of all three of the games he's fixed.

Wasn't Deadly Premonition doing everything in the weirdest way? Like that engine was set up by some strange team of 10,000 monkeys coding.

UnrealEck

The entire point is that this isn't that teams aren't able to do this, it's that they don't even conceptually think to do it.

Well we'll see. One of the guys who works on the game said they're looking into support for 1920x1080. I doubt it'll happen from SE but who knows. They did hold true to the Japanese audio request. However this is a bit more work I'd assume.

Fdkn

I don't know what I have fucked up on the gpu options but I've experiencing the most insane tearing I've ever seen, anyone else? how do I fix that? :__

Edit: ok i'm dumb, found the answer already

Saiyan-Rox

Awesome shots durante i've heard alot about you around here so this will be the first fix I use made by you :D Looks great so far.

Top Bottom