• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

MayMay

Banned
I think it only does 16:9 atm.

Ohh, right I actually misread the resolution. Mine was running 3840x2160.

Turned GeDoSaTo off again though, the bugs etc. atm are just a bit too annoying. Gonna play using that in a couple of days when the worst is ironed out.

Dr Dogg

I know this might sound crazy but bar the silly Escape key to kill process hilarity how are the mouse and keyboard controls?

RedSwirl

You know what these graphics options remind me of? Doujin games.

There are actually quite a few doujin games on Steam that basically only render at 640 x 480 and only offer "full screen or windowed."

Japanese developers are just oblivious to the western PC market.

After all the talk about frame dips I was surprised to see mine never dip below 60, whether in battles, cutscenes, or in the field. The game also seems to be using all 3 of my 680s, each at 10-20% usage.

Kai Ozu

Yoshi I colored the picture

qjHOYrF.png

DAMN!!!

Durante saves the day yet again, thanks so much dawg it looks amazing (and just in pre-alpha to boot).

Hoping SE comes through and gives us official options, and know to do so for the sequels.
I still have faith in em.
We gotta have Hope.
how many times will this joke be made

kiyomi

I know this might sound crazy but bar the silly Escape key to kill process hilarity how are the mouse and keyboard controls?

Not great. Camera panning with the mouse is pretty unresponsive and I don't think there's an option to change anything in-game.

It just felt awkward with a M+K, so I switched to the DS3 ASAP.

Nethaniah

Unresponsive camera controls due to what i believe is mouse acceleration at work, controls are otherwise pretty awesome, i could see myself playing the game this way.

Dr Dogg

Not great. Camera panning with the mouse is pretty unresponsive and I don't think there's an option to change anything in-game.

It just felt awkward with a M+K, so I switched to the DS3 ASAP.

Urgh and I bet that comes with a ton of acceleration too.

Oh well sound better than playing on a streaming service via a smart phone or tablet using touch controls.

didamangi

Framerate fluctuate too much for me, even though cpu and gpu load are low and both are not downclocking (I5 3570K@4GHz, GTX 570). Hope they can patch this ASAP.

Landford

Banned
At this point im giving up, i guess. The framerate on my rig is so inconsistent it hurts my eyes :/ . At least based Durante delivered. Anyone on a lower end machine could get stable 60's all the time?

Pretty excited to play this again now. Just gotta wait until I get back home tomorrow evening, then download it on my laptop.
Major downside being the graphics drivers on this laptop don't seem to let me force AA and the likes, though the ones on my PC at home definitely do. I'll have to give Durantes tool thingy a go, especially if it lets me force some of the other settings via that?
The screenshots are all looking nice and crisp.

Kadmac25

So I never played FF13 on any of the consoles. So far I am loving this game! I really like Lightning and her tough attitude. The FFs I play are mostly the old school ones so its neat to have an FF with graphics from mostly today's standards.

The music is incredible. Love the battle music. I'm really happy this has been released on PC, despite a lot of people getting frustrated with the in game options. I've been wanting to try this game for awhile.

Anyone know what's the equivalent key-binding to 'triangle' during battles? It's button that let's you act with a partially full ATB gauge.

I tried looking it up myself, but this is what my settings screen looks like :/

I love the attention this port is getting, in contrast with the ritual ridicule the game usually receives.

FFXIII holds a sentimental value for me, because it's trailer and artwork got me into FF a few months before it released. It led me to start a play-through of FFVII in anticipation of XIII, and then I played through both concurrently for the following months.

Good times.

Nevadatan

You know what these graphics options remind me of? Doujin games.

There are actually quite a few doujin games on Steam that basically only render at 640 x 480 and only offer "full screen or windowed."

Japanese developers are just oblivious to the western PC market.

exactly! i had played the original Ether Vapor and have Ether Vapor Re on Steam and neither have support for 16:9. which was strange, but c'mon atfer the Dark Souls debacle this is not acceptable, and definitely not from S-E.
hell Namco even gave us a decent version of Ace Combat of all games.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
having stuff like "SO YOU THINK YOU CAN RIDE THIS DAMN CHOCOBO" automatically places XIII-2 last
Why do people take that at face value? It's obviously a gag song. I feel like people are always laughing at how silly it is.. Meanwhile "that's the joke".

Old FFs had equally ridiculous Techno de Chocobo and Waltz de Chocobo songs.

Dubstep de Chocobo in FFXV please.

(Oh and for the record I adore the XIII-2 soundtrack. Pop vocals and electronic elements are sublime in an FF game)

cafemomo

Why do people take that at face value? It's obviously a gag song. I feel like people are always laughing at how silly it is.. Meanwhile "that's the joke".

Old FFs had equally ridiculous Techno de Chocobo and Waltz de Chocobo songs.

Dubstep de Chocobo in FFXV please.

(Oh and for the record I adore the XIII-2 soundtrack. Pop vocals and electronic elements are sublime in an FF game)

I just didn't like it.
I like some of XIII-2 songs such as Plains of Eternity, Caius' Theme, Run, Knight of the Goddess.
But compared to XIII and LR, it's a bit weak

Levyne

Banned
It seems like Gedosato is using 3840x2160 instead of 3840x2400 for 16:10 at the moment, which is fine, I'd rather have bars then a stretched image.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I just didn't like it.

I don't "like" it either.. But you implied its silliness has bearing on the whole soundtrack, when IMO it's a silly, one-off joke track.

I like some of XIII-2 songs such as Plains of Eternity, Caius' Theme, Run, Knight of the Goddess.
But compared to XIII and LR, it's a bit weak

That's a matter of taste. The pop music elements give it a completely different kind of appeal.

I absolutely loved it. I'm tempted to call it my favourite OST of the trilogy... But actually XIII's OST is still so good that I can't dethrone it.

LR was very solid, and I liked it too... But it's generally so downtempo that's its my least listened to. I would put XIII-2 well above it.

Top Bottom