• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

iosefe

I'd wager -2 around Jan or Feb and LR April or May. Gives a few months open to each.

the original plan was the first week or two of December i believe. but seeing how this port ended up, along with the fact that the Dive In service was delayed, you may be closer to the truth

Isaccard

So now that we have a proper way to fix these games and make them literally look better than some of the new games releasing, im really hyped for 13-2 and LR. Should be amazing playing those in 4k good golly

Didnt they say they planned to have all 3 out by then or did they change it to just 13-2?

Yeah they did. Shinobi misinterpreted my question.

LuuKyK

Speaking of which, I wonder what the pricing for the DLC will be.....

I skipped out on the DLC on the PS3 ver but will get it for the Steam ver :p.

Will they even release DLC for the PC versions? I honestly wonder about that.

It really looks like don't care about these ports at all. Although they do care about money so we will see. :p

Got the Goddess' steed!

AD0A39466DC9E8E3977E5661AB79B1098951DFE9

and Ch 7 is awesome. i can't wait to get there.

warheat

I'm probably late, but I have very low fps (like 20) in the game, my GPU usage doesn't even hit 40%, I saw people fix this by changing the Nvidia control panel to "Maximum Performance", did this but still getting low fps. Any other fix for this?

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Has anyone beaten the game yet? I just made it to Palumpolum ... the Flanitor enemies are almost unkillable, they heal each other permanently. Is this a bug? I don't remember this ever happening on the PS3. The game crashed when I alt-tabbed out. I'll try the scene again without GeDoSaTo running, although that shouldn't have caused it.

EDIT: Same thing. I guess I just don't remember it being this annoying.

I've been getting crashes with alt-tab as well when using DeDoSaTo. I also had one crash without alt-tabbing.

I never played this game before the PC release, but I'm in act 11 and it's getting very challenging. I'm stuck at one part and starting to think I need to backtrack and do some grinding.

iosefe

I'm probably late, but I have very low fps (like 20) in the game, my GPU usage doesn't even hit 40%, I saw people fix this by changing the Nvidia control panel to "Maximum Performance", did this but still getting low fps. Any other fix for this?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909620

if you aren't already, crank the resolution up with GeDoSaTo. that will make your GPU work like it should and give you decent frames

ryan0991

Banned
I've been getting crashes with alt-tab as well when using DeDoSaTo. I also had one crash without alt-tabbing.

I never played this game before the PC release, but I'm in act 11 and it's getting very challenging. I'm stuck at one part and starting to think I need to backtrack and do some grinding.
To be honest, grinding is never necessary... just a better strategy.

I wish this game would alt tab properly
It used to, but then it broke again.

-GOUKI-

So playing this for the first time. And I just gotta say, who the hell's idea was it to make Serah look the way she does. All types of inappropriate, makes me really despise Snow (yes I know she's supposed to be 18 but come on).
I agree with this. I know she's 18 but she looks like 12 years old whereas snow looks 30. This game has some pedo vibe in it. Is it just me or are they adding sexual tension between sazth and vanille. Wtf...

Yeah, Snow and Serah look a little silly together.

Way off, yup. But I did in enjoy chapter 4 with Zach and Val. Dude is on some doom and gloom shit, and she is on some "lal la la" carefree shit. Is like her care free spirit gives him a little bit of hope at times...Great jazz tune as well.

Hikami

Any chance we could hope for XIII-2 before years end?

It's supposed to be by December if their dive-in site is anything to go by.
http://divein.jp.square-enix.com/

It was supposed to start with FFXIII and two other games on Oct. 9th (same day the game was releasing on steam).
Not sure if the service delay would also delay the games coming out on steam or not but.. FFXIII-2 says December and LR 2015 on the site.

Booo....I'm just starting out the game and heard for the first time some in-battle banter between characters, and it's NOT subtitled. I'm playing with Japanese audio so I'm not going to understand anything that's said in any battles through the entire game.

I might be forced to switch to English for this reason alone, even though I hate hate hate the voice acting. This sucks :(

Booo....I'm just starting out the game and heard for the first time some in-battle banter between characters, and it's NOT subtitled. I'm playing with Japanese audio so I'm not going to understand anything that's said in any battles through the entire game.

I might be forced to switch to English for this reason alone, even though I hate hate hate the voice acting. This sucks :(

It sucks they forgot that small detail. That's why I went back to English :(

Shadownet

Banned
Has anyone been able to run this at 1080p and a stable 60fps? or did you all capped it to 30fps? If so how do you cap it to 30fps?

I'm sorry, I'm quite inexperience when it come to all of this.

Has anyone been able to run this at 1080p and a stable 60fps? or did you all capped it to 30fps? If so how do you cap it to 30fps?

I'm sorry, I'm quite inexperience when it come to all of this.

It dips during battles at 1080p as well. And then after a while, depends how long you play, you start getting random dips not even on battles. I just down sample to 4K and Put MSAA at 4(8 was overkill and didn't notice anything) and Shadow to 4, and it stays at 30 locked for me.

just started the game.
using GeDoSaTo so I got the graphics going at my native resolution(4K) or whatever it is the program does. game sure is pretty so far.

everything feels random (yes I read the datalog, all of it) and while it's not hard to understand the basic plot, I don't understand the motivations and the why. (I guess when I meet more characters things will become more clear)

Lightning, I don't like her. even Squall understood the value of teamwork. Lightning just straight up assaulted that other character whose name I am having trouble remembering.

Snow. seems like a decent guy, I think I like his character so far. talks too much about being a hero.

red headed girl. such a sweet girl handing a gun to a child. come4 on SE a little better character writing please. definitely need to see more but don't like her either.

the battle system is frantic and so far pretty simple so I can't wait to dive deeper into it. I like it a lot so far. seems very hard to avoid enemies.

maybe the cocoon ones we see (as cocoon is artificial per se) but when u get to pulse you see they are a little bit more than that and it's a shame they don't let you fight them

Even at pulse, the smaller fal'cie are doing something similar to what smaller divisions of government do in real life. Like that one fal'cie who's only job is to drill tunnels etc. I want to think the original writers of FFXIII was basing off what ifs of real world problems. Which is how differences and misunderstanding between two large group of people can lead to disaster and our heros (the protagonists of the game) are trying to mitigate that. It makes me appreciate the story better. Well, until XIII-2 and later when they decided to go all nuts with gods etc.

Cerity

So do the characters ever get their shit together and all work on the same page? Or is it going to be this ADHD like swapping between groups all the way until the end?

studyguy

Just ran through a chapter with Vanille and Sahz alone for a while.
I backtracked after turning on the power and the game crashed. When I loaded up, all the enemies respawned and I was like... yeah no.

Staggering takes ages on some of these guys, and these are just generic dudes.
I hear some of the later fights are stupid long for the same reason. I really want to like this game but the battle system (which I keep hearing is great) is becoming tiresome instead.

Xyber

I backtracked after turning on the power and the game crashed. When I loaded up, all the enemies respawned and I was like... yeah no.

I hear some of the later fights are stupid long for the same reason. I really want to like this game but the battle system (which I keep hearing is great) is becoming tiresome instead.

Look up ATB refresh. On my phone now so not gonna explain it, but thanks whoever told me about it yesterday. It makes fights quite a bit faster.

ryan0991

Banned

Staggering is rarely necessary on the regular enemies. And if the bosses are taking you a long time, then you just have a bad strategy/setup. It's not the game's fault. None of the fights should be taking a "stupid long time". This game's battle system is all about speed and efficiency. People who complain about the fights taking too long are the people who make the mistake of sitting in defensive paradigms for too long.

studyguy

Look up ATB refresh. On my phone now so not gonna explain it, but thanks whoever told me about it yesterday. It makes fights quite a bit faster.

Nifty trick, just gave it a shot.
Paradigms honestly don't seem as impressive of a battle system as they were pitched to me either way but I'll keep at it.

ryan0991

Banned
Nifty trick, just gave it a shot.
Paradigms honestly don't seem as impressive of a battle system as they were pitched to me either way but I'll keep at it.
It gains more depth later on. You really have to put time and consideration into your setup for some of the harder fights.

Are you using Dualcasting (Ravager/Ravager)? That's the best way to quickly stagger hardy enemies when you only have two people. Just make sure you pepper in a couple rounds of Slash & Burn here and there so the stagger guage doesn't recover too fast.

Top Bottom