• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII PC |OT| Lightning must not be forgotten

L.O.R.D

after some play ( finished chapter 30 )
i see nothing wrong with 30 FPS for this game
when the game in 60 FPS , it doesn't look normal to me . its like some one pressing fast-forward button
( please don't kill me )

rybrad

when the game in 60 FPS , it doesn't look normal to me . its like some one pressing fast-forward button
( please don't kill me )
After playing all 3 games on console, I felt that way a little at first too. Once I got used to it though there is no going back from the smoothness of 60fps.

( please don't kill me )

Should've saved this post for one of those unpopular opinion threads!

cafemomo

gaaah damn you enlil and enkil. was just down to enlil and only had 6000 HP to go
first game over so far. shameful display

iS7CnpF.png
I hate it when I get too cocky in a game.

L.O.R.D

Should've saved this post for one of those unpopular opinion threads!

then i will be considered a troll bait , and maybe i will git banned

however, it will be nice if i can maintain that 60 FPS
i don't know where the problem
most the time its around 30 , and jump to 50

its run good on intel 4000HD
and i have GTX660m
i tried to go to nvidia control panel and set the game on maximum performance
but nothing changed

cafemomo

LOOOL

This guys are so weird...sometimes they're easy , other times they suck.

It technically is one of the easiest bosses - but it just sucks that there are two of them.
SAB/RAV then just spam up RAV/RAV when staggered. But I was getting too cocky and forgot to heal lol

HeelPower

It technically is one of the easiest bosses - but it just sucks that there are two of them.
SAB/RAV then just spam up RAV/RAV when staggered. But I was getting too cocky and forgot to heal lol

I like to use Sazh's elemental buffs for this fight too...Pretty satisfying to use these.

EDIT: I am currently busy and not playing the game,and it sucks after all the hype :(

I have to vehemently disagree on that point. I fired up the PS3 version yesterday just to get a real sense for the comparison. It's a blurry god damn mess compared to this. And even the PS3 version didn't maintain anywhere near a constant 30. Locked 60 is ideal, obviously, but until SE patches the game (lol) that's just not in the cards. 30 is fine by me.

Hmm. I haven't played the PS3 version in years so my memory is most probably skewed.
In my case, the stutters happen in specific areas in the game, and not often enough in battles to make me lock the entire thing at 30 fps. I guess it depends on taste.

I've just reached Nautilus Park and it's the most demanding area in the game so far. I'm praying fps is good at Gran Pulse though. If not, I might lock it at 30 as well.

Always loved doing that. FF XIII captures the essence of time really well. Some of the split second decision making is truly intense stuff.

My favorite is surprising an enemy, getting them all near stagger, and then casting quake. BAM! Next I would destroy them in a pyrotechic flurry of Blitzes and "Ga" spells. Never got tired of that from beginning to end.

I've used quake once or twice in all of my play throughs including this one. It never occurred to me to use it to stagger everything after surprising the enemies! Gonna have to try it out.

JINYX

Neo Member
So playing this for the first time. And I just gotta say, who the hell's idea was it to make Serah look the way she does. All types of inappropriate, makes me really despise Snow (yes I know she's supposed to be 18 but come on).

ryan0991

Banned
So playing this for the first time. And I just gotta say, who the hell's idea was it to make Serah look the way she does. All types of inappropriate, makes me really despise Snow (yes I know she's supposed to be 18 but come on).
You despise him for... what exactly? Dating an 18 year old?

Do size differences creep you out?

s_mirage

Can I expect to get 4k and a 30 fps lock with a GTX 780 Ti and i7 2600k 4.4 ghz?

Based on my 780 Ti, if it wasn't for the irritating FPS dive caused by battle effects and menus, and the random drops, you'd be able to lock 60. 30's a cinch except for the possible random drops.

Has anyone beaten the game yet? I just made it to Palumpolum ... the Flanitor enemies are almost unkillable, they heal each other permanently. Is this a bug? I don't remember this ever happening on the PS3. The game crashed when I alt-tabbed out. I'll try the scene again without GeDoSaTo running, although that shouldn't have caused it.

EDIT: Same thing. I guess I just don't remember it being this annoying.

You need to go double Ravager to stagger one, then launch it as a Commando so it can't be healed while you kill it.

Yasae

Banned
Exactly. The Hope/Snow plotline is absolutely dreadful and it nearly brings the entire game down with how horrible it is. Just absolutely awful writing and miss opportunities.

*spoilers below*

The game establishes this lie that it's Snow fault that Nora died (it's not). Hope then proceeds to act like a complete brat for entirely too long. He refuses to tell Snow about what happened and everyone around him simply enables his horrible behavior. Lightning was especially bad with this, even though she did try to reverse course, she didn't try hard enough. Hope continues to get more and more mad at the things Snow is saying, but you can hardly blame Snow for that since Hope refused to tell him about Nora. And then, despite the fact that Lightning already tried to talk him down, and despite the fact that Snow was already having a bit of a breakdown, Hope tries to kill him anyway. Worst of all is that Hope totally would have killed him if it weren't for a coincidental explosion that stopped him. At the very least, they should have made Hope hesitate a little bit.

That would have been a great time for his Eidolon battle, but instead his Eidolon battle happens later in a seemingly random fit of angst. It makes no sense.

So we're left with Hope who very nearly murdered Snow even though he had every reason not to. What's really bad is that the game doesn't even acknowledge this at all. It just keeps piling the blame on to Snow for some reason. The game doesn't even bother to address the very dark road Hope was on, nor does it address that Hope very nearly murdered Snow. It simply ignores the horrible things that Hope did. Where's Hope's guilt for what he almost did? Hope should be the one with a heavy conscious, not Snow.
Indeed. The game is so literal and shallow with its storytelling that it makes a lot of its characters' motivations seem either one-note or unbelievable entirely.

*more spoilers*

Nora got herself killed. The game implies Snow would've been done for if she hadn't intervened, and that's supposed to be his hotheadedness ruining things but why not just let him bite the bullet? Because he has plot armor. I don't even buy that he would've died considering his two you-would-be-DEAD falls in the game (first at Hanging Edge and then with Hope), let alone that this guy eats a million shells in the face when fighting.

The rest of the story and especially the script aren't much better, but this part really takes the cake. It's a comedy of errors without the comedy.

LuuKyK

2 hours into The game and i am already lost

Any good wiki to understand all The terminology? I want to know what The hell i am fighting for

There is a wiki called DATALOG and its in game. There is no way you wont understand whats going on if you keep up to date every time it updates. Seriously just read it if you are lost. It makes things so clear to the point that it gets repetitive.

HeelPower

There is a wiki called DATALOG and its in game. There is no way you wont understand whats going on if you keep up to date every time it updates. Seriously just read it if you are lost. It makes things so clear to the point that it gets repetitive.

I seriously don't understand why anyone would get lost in the plot...

Even WITHOUT the datalog ~_~

Story's not that complicated at all.

LuuKyK

Seriously. The only hard thing to understand is l'cie, fal'cie and cie'th because they are unusual words. Just change them for servant, master/god and failed servant/zombie respectively and its honestly ridiculously easy to follow.

Arthea

Seriously. The only hard thing to understand is l'cie, fal'cie and cie'th because they are unusual words. Just change them for servant, master/god and failed servant/zombie respectively and its honestly ridiculously easy to follow.

And that's just proves yet again that nobody reads or understands plot, because Fal'Cie aren't gods or even masters. (><)

LuuKyK

And that's just proves yet again that nobody reads or understands plot, because Fal'Cie aren't gods or even masters. (><)

Lord... I am just trying to simplify things here. Its hard to put it in a single word everything a fal'cie is. Just saying that if you start the game knowing that they are "superior beings" that "enslave" human beings and give them a focus/objective they can't ignore, therefore making them their "servants" it makes it way easier. If you keep playing you will get to understand all that they really are. For starters thats enough though.

Fdkn

possibly spoiler so tagged:

Not really. I think they're more akin to governments made into gigantic machines.

maybe the cocoon ones we see (as cocoon is artificial per se) but when u get to pulse you see they are a little bit more than that and it's a shame they don't let you fight them

LuuKyK

Not really. I think they're more akin to governments made into gigantic machines.

I think people are ignoring the fact that fal'cies are like sons and daughters of Buhnivelze, who is literally god in the Fabula Nova Crystallis plot.

Edit: Better spoiler tag that for new players.

Wilsongt

I think people are ignoring the fact that fal'cies are like sons and daughters of Buhnivelze, who is literally god in the Fabula Nova Crystallis plot.

Edit: Better spoiler tag that for new players.

Despite the fact that the way the is presented is not good, the under lying mythos is neat.

Shosai

Banned

The story is simple, but there's absolutely no hook for the audience. Which is what makes people assume that they must have missed something, because there's no clear goal for 80% of the game. The party will turn into statues if they complete their focus, turn into monsters if they fail, but it doesn't matter since they don't know what their focus is. Maybe it will involve saving Cocoon, maybe they'll have to blow up a part of Cocoon. That might be a big deal, if we had a reason to care about Cocoon. So they keep running forward and...maybe something good will happen?

There's no stakes.

~Kinggi~

Banned
So now that we have a proper way to fix these games and make them literally look better than some of the new games releasing, im really hyped for 13-2 and LR. Should be amazing playing those in 4k good golly

They said spring of 2015.

Didnt they say they planned to have all 3 out by then or did they change it to just 13-2?

Top Bottom