• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think it would be interesting if they added more proc abilities to spice things up. For most classes I've played you follow a set rotation and you don't deviate from it unless a boss mechanic or something causes you to move then you pick up from where you left off when possible.

Proc abilities could make it so that you can't follow a set rotation all the time, would love to see something like that on PLD (they need all the help they can get imo in terms of making their play more interesting).

Squishy3

I think it fits with the nature of some classes (Like BLMs having casts so they can react to thundercloud or firestarter proccing makes total sense) and Dragoons having the 50/50 chance of wheeling thrust or fang and claw popping when finishing their combos is good. Paladins now also with shield swipe being oGCD.

But there's nothing fun for example about protection warriors in WoW boiling down to spamming devastate waiting for it to proc shield slam or revenge to proc off of parries/dodges.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Got the panegyrist chest wrap. Just need my sandals and pants. Really only need the pants and the accessories would be nice too.

So I settled for the SMN coat for Weeping City this week. I really wanted the DRG boots since it's the last thing I have at 215 that I can get there but after 9 wipes and 3 different parties where people refused to do mechanics, I'm not doing it again today so alt gear it is.

SMN isn't even at 60 yet, i'm only at like 56 but way too frustrated with it today and wanted some gear before the reset tomorrow.

I think it fits with the nature of some classes (Like BLMs having casts so they can react to thundercloud or firestarter proccing makes total sense) and Dragoons having the 50/50 chance of wheeling thrust or fang and claw popping when finishing their combos is good. Paladins now also with shield swipe being oGCD.

But there's nothing fun for example about protection warriors in WoW boiling down to spamming devastate waiting for it to proc shield slam or revenge to proc off of parries/dodges.

Never played a protection Warrior in WoW so I can't really relate to that example but proc abilities should be implemented carefully.

Like most proc abilties I've seen so far can be influenced in someway, like Shield Swipe can be procced manually with Sheltron or Bulwark which will pretty much give you one within a few hits, Dragoon's getting one or the other no matter what so there's no risk of losing out on a 4th attack, Bard I guess you can use make sure that Internal Release and Straight Shot are up so you can benefit from the increased crit chance and Bloodletter's cooldown is so low that you're not really hurting if it somehow doesn't reset, Machinist has ammo which guarantees a proc, stuff like that.

My last post was me basically whining about PLDs. I think my hope is that if they don't make some really good changes/additions to PLD in 4.0, that I will hopefully be smitten by one of the new jobs so I won't have to worry about PLD anymore since I'll be focusing on another job as my main one.

Ken

So the apartments are only gonna require a down payment and no rent right?

Just dont go inside and it will disappear.

i put a bunch of gil into the house so i dont really want to lose it.

i'll just wait for them to sell level 60 boosts and remake

Bard I guess you can use make sure that Internal Release and Straight Shot are up so you can benefit from the increased crit chance and Bloodletter's cooldown is so low that you're not really hurting if it somehow doesn't reset
Bloodletter not resetting is a big deal, roughly 20% of your DPS comes from it so the less it procs the less damage you do, in the same vein if it procs too much your rotation gets super clunky.

BRD made me hate procs, I surely hope that if we get RDM or DNC I won't have to deal with that shit.

smashism

Finally working a less time demanding job and looking to get back into an MMO. Juggling between this and wow. I played a little during launch, but never got too into it.

1. Do I need the expansion right away? Can I hold off for a second or would it be in my best interest to get it from the start?

2. Do I need to be apart of a scheduled raid to experience any kind of challenge or endgame fun?

3. What server do I go to?

Finally working a less time demanding job and looking to get back into an MMO. Juggling between this and wow. I played a little during launch, but never got too into it.

1. Do I need the expansion right away? Can I hold off for a second or would it be in my best interest to get it from the start?

2. Do I need to be apart of a scheduled raid to experience any kind of challenge or endgame fun?
1- Unless you want to create an Au Ra character, no. You can only access the expac content after you finish the base content, so no reason to get it before that besides getting extra XP after you hit 50.

2- Depends on the server, for NA/EU servers for the most part yes, you'll need a fixed group for most of the endgame.

3 - If you want to have an easier time getting a raid group, go to Gilgamesh/Balmung if NA and Ragnarok if EU.

Wilsongt

In the last two times I tried Wiping city out of fear of my computer blowing up, I dipped out at Ozma. The first time we just couldn't get past it due to an idiot tank during cube mode. The time a couple of days ago I just left because my alliance was the only one that wiped during cube phase due to the tank running all over the place and beaming everyone.

Are there any archer gloves in this game? Like the kind where only a few fingers are covered and the rest are uncovered?

Bloodletter not resetting is a big deal, roughly 20% of your DPS comes from it so the less it procs the less damage you do, in the same vein if it procs too much your rotation gets super clunky.

BRD made me hate procs, I surely hope that if we get RDM or DNC I won't have to deal with that shit.

I haven't played with it enough to know if it will eventually become an annoyance but I like the concept of being able to reset skills, possibly multiple times within a short period of time.

Are there any archer gloves in this game? Like the kind where only a few fingers are covered and the rest are uncovered?
The Twin Adder DoW gloves from the Allied seal set.
PoGZJZq.png
The last one

Shevat

Neo Member

Not quite what you're looking for, but check the various "Bracers" on the market board. Woolen Bracers, Felt Bracers, etc. They're full gloves, but the right is only padded around a few fingers like an archer's glove.

Sifl

This is the first time in a while that I've turned off my PS4 in the morning on a raid day in case psn went down. Just my luck.

Leunam

Can't check in game right now, but I've been using Fingerless Peisteskin Gloves of Gathering I think. Not precisely what you're looking for, but they dye well and there aren't restrictions on them.

I swear Weeping City (and the game itself) hates me. I've been trying to get the dragoon boots from there for 3 weeks now. Never saw it... Until today where a shitty loldrg level dragoon who died 10+ times got it. I hate this game.

ebil

you probably can glamor it though?
No, that wouldn't work either. When you do that it'll simply ignore the glamour and show the original piece of gear. Just like when you glamour a job specific piece of gear on something that can be worn by other jobs such as AF or PvP gear.

The only thing that you can do regardless of your affiliation is summon your GC minions, even the chocobo bardings are restricted.

WolvenOne

I swear Weeping City (and the game itself) hates me. I've been trying to get the dragoon boots from there for 3 weeks now. Never saw it... Until today where a shitty loldrg level dragoon who died 10+ times got it. I hate this game.

RNG in twenty-four man raids was probably the most frustrating part of the game outside of hard-core raiding, back when I was playing.

BTW, what's this I hear about people moving over to the milk-and-honey server? It this the usual gradual migration of players seeking greener pastures, or was there a major GAF migration recently? I'm still trying to decide when I'll be able to come back, and information like that could affect my decision.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
RNG in twenty-four man raids was probably the most frustrating part of the game outside of hard-core raiding, back when I was playing.

BTW, what's this I hear about people moving over to the milk-and-honey server? It this the usual gradual migration of players seeking greener pastures, or was there a major GAF migration recently? I'm still trying to decide when I'll be able to come back, and information like that could affect my decision.
I wish, some guy tried staying up all night after maintenance to get in.

I wish, some guy tried staying up all night after maintenance to get in.

It was me and it didn't work. At least not on Balmung. I was annoyed enough to create a character on Gilgamesh just because it was actually available then when Balmung wasn't.

That's actually the only thing I did with my free 5 days last month. I didn't even log the new character in to play it past the opening cutscene and tutorial.

RNG in twenty-four man raids was probably the most frustrating part of the game outside of hard-core raiding, back when I was playing..

It is pretty annoying but at least the raids are fun. I ended up doing Weeping City 6-7 times today and FINALLY got my boots to drop after 3 weeks of trying. I'm happy at least.

Heartfyre

In my experience, Ultros population is fine. GAF FC is pretty dead though.

Still a good number of GAFfers logging in at peak times. There were between 20 and 30 over the weekend, and this is the dry spell for the game. If you want to run something, just ask in the FC chat and you'll find people to help.

Big thanks to the GAF crowd that helped me complete all the Bahamut raids over the weekend! 1-2 years late, but some of those battles were still incredible. I'm so glad they were all unsynced.

Pachimari

What does this auto demolition of houses mean? That players who haven't been active for a long while will lose their house? Which seems like a strange solution.

Ken

What does this auto demolition of houses mean? That players who haven't been active for a long while will lose their house? Which seems like a strange solution.

If the owner of the house doesn't walk into their house to reset the timer it blows up so someone else can get a house.

Thorgal

There are only a limited amount of house plot available.

If someone decides to quit playing or for any other reason doesn't log back in and enter the house before the timer runs out, the house will be demolished and put back up for sale .

The waiting period is 45 days.

Brohan

If the owner of the house doesn't walk into their house to reset the timer it blows up so someone else can get a house.

Is the exact time of demolition known or is it random? Cause if it is a set time then i can imagine alot of house campers..

Ken

Is the exact time of demolition known or is it random? Cause if it is a set time then i can imagine alot of house campers..

The timer will start when 3.4 hits so that day + 45 days.

Find people who probably quit the game and camp their houses I guess!

Brohan

The timer will start when 3.4 hits so that day + 45 days.

So it does have a set time.. Say 3.4 releases on 1 pm gmt then the demolition will also take place on 1 pm gmt 45 days later?

Can't imagine the competition..

So it does have a set time.. Say 3.4 releases on 1 pm gmt then the demolition will also take place on 1 pm gmt 45 days later?

Can't imagine the competition..

Reading the Lodestone article it doesn't appear there's any set time. Players are advised to log in before the date of their demolition because their inactive house could be destroyed anytime on that date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom