• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Valonquar

Cleared the 3 Bozjan Southern Front duels today as I continue down the achievement rabbit hole. Need the 3 Zadnor duels and 2 more DRS clears to be fully done with all Bozja stuff entirely. . . just in time to spam boz on the 2 new jobs Friday.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Cleared the 3 Bozjan Southern Front duels today as I continue down the achievement rabbit hole. Need the 3 Zadnor duels and 2 more DRS clears to be fully done with all Bozja stuff entirely. . . just in time to spam boz on the 2 new jobs Friday.

You makin money off the lockboxes and such? Or waiting until you’re done with Zadnir to turn everything in?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Dawntrail's almost here... I'm gonna wait until they fix the visa debit card payment stuff before diving in. Maybe the queues will be better by then too...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dawntrail's almost here... I'm gonna wait until they fix the visa debit card payment stuff before diving in. Maybe the queues will be better by then too...
Have you tried deleting your payment method and then re-adding it? That seemed to work for me a month ago.

Valonquar

Nice to see them bringing back promo stuff again. I got it during the Butterfinger promo, but it was absurdly dumb to do. You had to take a photo and email it to someone who looked at it and sent you an item code back lol.

Servers going down Tuesday night for 48 hour maintenance. Get your errands done before Friday morning!

Servers are apparently getting DDOSed a few days before launch.
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Servers are apparently getting DDOSed a few days before launch.
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF by Giphy QA
I expect following the DDOS after the preload on the 27th datamines will surface and on the 28th possible server crashes and maybe some kind of new drama will ensue as XIV is want to have.

Will be interesting to watch.

Sub_Level

I’m gonna wait till at least July 15 to jump in. Good luck to all the Day 1ers! Endwalker Launch was an unforgettable experience (in a good way, I was able to take time off work and woke up early for the queues).

Valonquar

PSA: If you don't have the Azeyma's Earrings from entering the pre-order code on Mogstation, you aren't ready for early access!

The console download was supposed to release today and for PC tomorrow to reduce the datamine and spoiler potential, but I guess they mixed up the dates lol

Edit: Nevermind figured it out

Last edited:
Full Patch notes are here:

Difference between Prelim patch notes and Full here: https://www.diffchecker.com/27Bmjdvt/

24 hours remaining!

Also, if you ordered DT from the SE store, the codes are now going out. But we can't redeem them until maintenance is over

Edit: Job guide was also updated

Last edited:
Only got like 3 hours of sleep because I was up late trying to finish up Elden Ring DLC in time (I failed but I'm like 75% done - sorry Yoshi-P). Here's hoping I don't fall asleep while grinding Viper in Zadnor lol

Last edited:

Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

Hermes is still at it and has given us Syrcus Tower Savage

Edit: Also it seems some folk are unable to play because they're stuck outside of their home world and/or data center
Edit2: The travel issue was resolved pretty quickly. Kudos to SE

Last edited:
Alright, grind to 90 on Viper is done. So far I must say I had a better time leveling VPR in Zadnor than I did Reaper. RPR felt incomplete during leveling, like something major was missing from the kit (Enshroud + related skills) while VPR felt nice and busy, even though it is technically also missing its capstone skills. Gonna play around with the training dummy a bit, and then I'm finally off to Tural.

Also, based on Zadnor, it seems more players on Primal are playing Viper than Pictomancer right now. Most groups I joined were like 80% vipers.

Last edited:
So what's everyone's thoughts on the MSQ so far? Please use spoiler tags if necessary.

I just hit my first level 93 quest so I'm still fairly early, but so far I'm reminded a lot of ARR in the sense that it's a LOT of worldbuilding (naturally) and errands to run... and I'm sure a lot of people are NOT fond of that.

Case in point:
JZ7kWQJ.png

There's no question it will pick up (thanks launch trailer), but it's definitely not the strongest start.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So what's everyone's thoughts on the MSQ so far? Please use spoiler tags if necessary.

I just hit my first level 93 quest so I'm still fairly early, but so far I'm reminded a lot of ARR in the sense that it's a LOT of worldbuilding (naturally) and errands to run... and I'm sure a lot of people are NOT fond of that.

Case in point:
JZ7kWQJ.png

There's no question it will pick up (thanks launch trailer), but it's definitely not the strongest start.

Personally I love it so far. Just hit level 93, finished HanuHanu and Pelu bits and the side quests within those zones. The new cultures are fun to learn about and explore, the graphical update makes every zone so far absolutely gorgeous, and Pictomancer is a ton of fun to play. Its animations are nice and punchy, it’s visually fantastic with its colors. The music is, as usual from Soken, amazing.

I can see some folks who want ever endlessly escalating stakes to be “bored” with this, but you need to get the set up to enjoy the those high stakes.

Sub_Level

Case in point:
JZ7kWQJ.png

Its excellent for me so far. We literally traveled across the galaxy to defeat an apocalyptic demi-god. The writers needed to pump the brakes and thats exactly what they did. I am 100% fine with tacos and rural villages for now.

I agree a change of pace was necessary (expected, even), but I can understand why some people are disappointed with the beginning of Dawntrail. But I'm enjoying it all the same. Just cleared the first trial. Pleasantly surprised that it was another Trust-able trial like Hydaelyn.

Also, I forgot who on this forum said I don't have to worry about gearing up before DT because MSQ gives you gear... this is why I did it:
evAGRbF.png

That's from one of the MSQ coffers. Check the marketboard for which job is in most demand and has the least supply, and then jack up the price. EZ Gil

Edit: NA servers just crashed around 6pm Eastern.

Now I'm in a 3k queue lol. Welp, that gives me time to make dinner.

Last edited:
Uh the lighting and shadows look really good in some scenes.
The graphics update is probably the best part of this expansion, honestly. Fixes every problem I've had with the graphics for the past 10 years (horrible anti-aliasing solution, half-framerate reflections, lowish draw distance, low-res textures, etc.) and makes everything look great. Viera already looked pretty good since they were a fairly recent addition, but they managed to make them look even better. There's still some work to be done with some textures but I'm sure they'll get around to them.

But yeah I'm almost done with MSQ. 97+ has been a treat for me, and I can't wait to see how it ends...

I also can't wait for the Field Ops in this expansion. Jumping back into Zadnor when I was leveling Viper really reminded me how much we missed out in Endwalker.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

I was able to buy Crysta using Paypal and then buy Dawntrail and resub using the Crysta.
New expansion here I come!

Its sad that you had to do that workaround lol but welcome to Tural fren. Its a slow but satisfying journey.

I also can't wait for the Field Ops in this expansion. Jumping back into Zadnor when I was leveling Viper really reminded me how much we missed out in Endwalker.

I’d imagine we wouldn’t get that until 7.2 heh but yes will be kino.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I like the graphics update. It has been subtle in a lot of areas, but that is what I expected and like. My character looks a bit better when it could have gone either way.

The main story so far as been snooze inducing though. I don't like this cat thing I have to follow everywhere.

Planned Monk Adjustments​

While it was our aim to preserve monk’s playstyle from the Patch 6.x series, several changes to their core abilities─stacks of Fury chief among them─have significantly changed how it feels to play the job.
We discovered certain actions had incorrect potencies, as well as an error pertaining to the requirements to apply stacks of Fury. We plan to address these issues in Patch 7.01, which should result in improved effectiveness of area-of-effect attacks. This will also necessitate minor adjustments to the job HUD. My apologies again for monk’s inadequate performance, which presently differs from what we previously announced.

Planned Astrologian Adjustments​

We’ve received considerable feedback concerning Astrologian, specifically the difficulty of play during damage burst phases, which we plan to address in Patch 7.01. Light Speed, which is essential in these phases, will have its recast time adjusted, and will also be made into a charged action. We’re also planning to shorten the recast time of their two draw actions, and adjust the potency of Macrocosmos. I ask for your patience as we work to implement these changes in a timely fashion.

Planned Viper Adjustments​

Newly released in Patch 7.0, we’ve received feedback pertaining to the busyness of their skill rotation. To that end, we’re planning several improvements, including the easing of directional requirements, and changes to the effects of several actions. We’re aiming to implement these changes in Patch 7.05, though we also intend to make some smaller adjustments to the range of certain abilities in Patch 7.01. It will take a while longer, but we hope to address player concerns as best we can.

Planned Black Mage Adjustments​

Before learning the action Umbral Soul, black mage has difficulty recovering MP. We plan to address this with adjustments in Patch 7.01, with plans to make further adjustments to action potencies in Patch 7.05.

Planned Tank Adjustments​

Players have cited concerns with holding enmity in battle, due to the fact certain jobs are able to begin encounters with high damaging attacks─an issue compounded by the removal of damage from dark knight and gunbreaker movement abilities. To help remedy this, we will be adding increased enmity effects to tank area-of-effect attacks, as well as their movement abilities in Patch 7.01.

Planned Samurai and Red Mage Adjustments​

For samurai, we’ll be reducing the recast timer of Tendo Setsugekka and Tendo Kaeshi Setsugekka. For red mage, we’ll be extending the effect duration of Manafication.

Planned Pictomancer Adjustments​

We’ve discovered an issue wherein players could manually disable the effects of Subtractive Palette, Aetherhues, and Aetherhues II. This will be addressed with Patch 7.01, but we ask that you please refrain from manually removing these status effects when practicing your rotations. My apologies for any confusion this may have caused.

It's been less than a week and CBU3 has already decided to nerf Viper's positionals (which really aren't that demanding) because some people (who probably haven't leveled VPR to 100 yet) complained it was too busy. The business is what makes it fun IMO...

Edit: seems a lot of people are confused as to why they're nerfing Viper already

The rest of the changes seem to be reasonable. I've seen Picto ripping aggro off of tanks in dungeons so it's understandable that they're boosting aggro generation with tank AOEs.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Whats the difference between a Doppro and a Mamool Ja?

edit: I mean hoobigo. I guess Doppro seem smaller and softer?

Last edited:
Finished 7.0 yesterday.

I could write paragraphs about everything that is both good and bad about the expansion but I'm going to keep it short: I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people (I think people who HATE Dawntrail just couldn't stand Wuk Lamat), but it's got major issues that extend further than the usual problems with XIV's storytelling. Still, I enjoyed the journey for the most part and look forward to what comes next because it'll be interesting to see how CBU3 reacts to the polarizing reception.

Sub_Level

Uh the drop rate for triple triad cards is insanely high. I get them all within two matches and got the first trial card after my first clear. Also theres barely like 20 of them added? This is a weird expansion lol

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just finished Dawntrail and I really enjoyed it. I almost had to reach for the tissues a few times lol. The game has a bright future ahead of it.

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
These huge hunt trains with the graphical upgrade have my 3090 at 4K dipping into the low 40 fps. I never thought FF14 would be the game to make me want to upgrade lol.

nikos

If I'm one of the heathens who has been conditioned to skip the story in MMOs but actually wants to give the Dawntrail story a shot, where should I start?

I'm about to finish Endwalker. Should I skip 6.1-7.0 or is 6.1 a good starting point for Dawntrail's story? Some people are saying 6.55 is a better starting point. The official MSQ skip item SE sells brings you to 7.0.

If I'm one of the heathens who has been conditioned to skip the story in MMOs but actually wants to give the Dawntrail story a shot, where should I start?

I'm about to finish Endwalker. Should I skip 6.1-7.0 or is 6.1 a good starting point for Dawntrail's story? Some people are saying 6.55 is a better starting point. The official MSQ skip item SE sells brings you to 7.0.

honestly, it probably won't take you too long to just go through the MSQ itself if you just do the fighting and skipping the cut scenes. but I know the DT storyline started around 6.55 or so if that helps.

nikos

honestly, it probably won't take you too long to just go through the MSQ itself if you just do the fighting and skipping the cut scenes. but I know the DT storyline started around 6.55 or so if that helps.

I'm definitely going to finish the current content without buying the skip. Just not sure where to start paying attention to the story after Endwalker ends. If 6.55 is a good starting point, I'll continue to skip the story from 6.1-6.55.

I regret skipping the story in this game. I've heard it's really good.

I'm definitely going to finish the current content without buying the skip. Just not sure where to start paying attention to the story after Endwalker ends. If 6.55 is a good starting point, I'll continue to skip the story from 6.1-6.55.

I regret skipping the story in this game. I've heard it's really good.

yeah. the story for the most part is really good. one of the best in gaming really. of course there are some hit and miss, but for the most part I think they did a great job with it. just click through it a little faster and avoid skipping it altogether if you're interested.

Top Bottom