• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker |OT|

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Finished the MSQ. I don’t even know what the fuck that entire third act was lol maybe Stormblood MSQ wasn’t so bad afterall. At least the gameplay is a step up from Endwalker with some more interesting encounters. I am really looking forward to the Raids and the Exploratory Zones!

Got Y'shtola's Trust to level 100 and unlocked her new glam
DKOZf9c.jpeg

Never running a dungeon with randos again lol

M-mommy?

Jesus fucking christ i never knew this
Just to be clear, these glamours don't change their appearance in MSQ (yet), it's only for Trust dungeons. But if you main DPS then Trust runs are a good alternative to duty finder wait times... or if you just don't want to interact with other players lol

Celcius

°Temp. member
I'm making crazy money during this part of the expansion.
The hunt trains are really long due to all the instances, and completing one gives you a ton of cracked clusters that you can trade for XI and XII materia. Then I dump it all on the market and make hundreds of thousands of dollars each time. I'm just about to finally hit 10 million gil lol.
I'm thinking about buying that bike mount for 7.5 mil in section nine... not sure what else I would spend the money on instead since I don't need an apartment or house...

Last edited:

Sub_Level

I thought the Raid was releasing tonight but nope, next Tuesday. Gonna do the bonus dungeons but no Party Finder Extremes for me this patch. I do not have the patience for that shit.

Valonquar

The 2 post story dungeons aren't that bad really. Some have trouble with the 1st boss cactuar in one, but overall I 1 shot them all with random peeps. There just isn't much reason to do them until new tomes show up next week.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I thought the Raid was releasing tonight but nope, next Tuesday. Gonna do the bonus dungeons but no Party Finder Extremes for me this patch. I do not have the patience for that shit.
Oh the new savage raid series comes out next Tuesday?

Sub_Level

The level 100 dungeons are gorgeous.... I didn't expect the game to look so much better with the updates

I did the two bonus ones last night. I play tank and got 7 vuln stacks on the first boss with the puppet minions and stuff and we still somehow cleared lol. That is a weeeeiiiirrrd dungeon.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I don’t even want the capybara mount, I’m just standing out here in the desert with 300 people because I want to see this famous snek lol

Last edited:
Yeah it's crazy how many people are just afking for the snake fate. I was farming fates in Shaaloani earlier but one of the instances had 700+ people waiting lol

Glad I got my capy last week

Last edited:

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
I've been taking it slow and only just finished the MSQ. story wise I do like some parts of it but the later parts had left me a little unsatisfied. but overall I'm fine with this. it's supposed to be a new start and I'm fine with some blemishes as long as it's not too bad. now onward to all the other stuff.

Robot Carnival

Gold Member
a few questions about the MSQ.

do we know who's Zoraal Ja's mom and why did he grow up to be the way he is? and who's Gulool Ja's mom? is Solution Nine's time still passing a lot faster than outside where we are now?

a few questions about the MSQ.

do we know who's Zoraal Ja's mom and why did he grow up to be the way he is? and who's Gulool Ja's mom? is Solution Nine's time still passing a lot faster than outside where we are now?
No to the mom questions (though I am sure they will be revealed eventually) and Solution 9.

As for "why did he grow up to be the way he is", he grew up with great expectations placed upon him (being born from a two-headed mamool) and likely felt shunned by his father when he adopted two non-mamool children. The fact that he had to compete for Dawnservant (instead of inheriting it, being Gulool Ja Ja's actual son) probably deepened his hatred.

I can't explain his "war will lead to peace" line of thought, though. Pure nonsense IMO.

Kumomeme

I'm making crazy money during this part of the expansion.
The hunt trains are really long due to all the instances, and completing one gives you a ton of cracked clusters that you can trade for XI and XII materia. Then I dump it all on the market and make hundreds of thousands of dollars each time. I'm just about to finally hit 10 million gil lol.
I'm thinking about buying that bike mount for 7.5 mil in section nine... not sure what else I would spend the money on instead since I don't need an apartment or house...
patch 7.01 patch just up and they reduce the instance in some of the area.

EDIT: i ran hunt train yesterday still most of area has around 3 instance compared to before 6.

Last edited:

Kumomeme

The level 100 dungeons are gorgeous.... I didn't expect the game to look so much better with the updates
it suprise me how good the two dungeon look. lets hope this is the standard that they will keep going on future dungeons. imagine if they revamp whole gold saucer with this level of quality. add horror section too like how in the original FFVII has it.

and the game too. older content at cities doesnt seen much different aside lightning but on open world area, grass, sky and lightning give better look.

Celcius

°Temp. member
ACC M4. Upon entry literally half my team said "would"
As soon as she transformed I was like "oooooh now I understand!"

ONQD4NS.jpeg

Er, I mean not that I was running around taking screenshots instead of fighting or anything :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Kumomeme

Arcadion basically remind me of like a gym pokemon battle lol. the arena and soundtrack remind me of Pokemon Sword/Shield.

overall fun raid. this expansion is a step up overal in term of raid. the M4 is awesome. the first bazooka mechanic wiped whole party for first time yesterday lol.

Raids were fun. Had to run each twice to get the chest pieces, and I noticed that M3 seems to be a casual filter. Both runs had a few people abandon duty after two wipes... and then we cleared with replacements on the very next pull. It's not even that hard lol

But anyways, I'm not complaining because I had plenty of practice with raiding on Viper and I'm loving it. But the DPS queues suck so I'll probably switch to tank for the next few weeks.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally encountered the famous snek and he didn’t disappoint. I was starting to think he was just a myth lol.

Last edited:

Sub_Level

Is it a hot take that this raid tier is better than the msq? I barely started in Shadowbringers so this is the first time to me that the gameplay in ffxiv is better than the story lol. Loved the Weapon fights and Bozja but my gnb was pretty limited back then.

Did people feel this way with Stromblood?

Is it a hot take that this raid tier is better than the msq? I barely started in Shadowbringers so this is the first time to me that the gameplay in ffxiv is better than the story lol. Loved the Weapon fights and Bozja but my gnb was pretty limited back then.

Did people feel this way with Stromblood?
Stormblood had a huge range of reactions at release, but I don't recall reactions being as negative as Dawntrail... so no, not really.

Omega launch was pretty hype, especially for FFV fans.

Anyways, I got the M4 song on repeat:

Need the Orchestrion ASAP

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just about to hit 20 million gil, it's a really good time to be running hunt trains and selling materia @_@

Valonquar

Yeah next week when the 710 crafted gear hits raiders will be burning through XI & XII materia like candy. If you can stand the collectibles grind, the serious gil right now is selling XII gatherer & crafter materia at 80k a pop.

Sub_Level

fuuuuuck I’m gonna do the extremes in party finder. Told myself I wouldn’t go through it again but I kinda want the challenge.

Valonquar

Thinking EX grinding will be my weekend. Been putting it off to finish leveling everything to 100. Down to just mages left but I'll prob just do those on roulettes. AST is deep hurting compared to the other healers >_<;;

Called it: the casual players are complaining that the raid series is too hard:

It's level 100 content FFS

But the good news is that most people responding seem to be on the "git gud" side of the conversation.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Finally got my capybara mount, Ttokrrone you shall haunt me no longer!
Very cool boss... I recognized him from the Dawntrail benchmark.

Valonquar

Cleared every raid first day with randos without issue. Like every other 8 or 24 man people whine 1st week, then they get better gear and destroy them for months.

A certain group of people were trying to frame Wuk Lamat haters as transphobic (because her VO is trans), but Japan doesn't like Wuk Lamat either, even though the Japanese VO does a 1000x better job. She doesn't even show up in the top 10 of an unofficial poll

As a reminder: Honey B Lovely has only been in the game for a few days and already beat Lamat in popularity :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Like I said in another post, I didn't hate Lamat, but I wasn't crazy about her either. I liked her attitude in the 6.5 quests a lot more, because in DT proper she's basically just a dumb Disney princess.
As for the VO, she did okay... until the final trial. How TF could anyone find this acceptable?

Valonquar

Yeah I still need that one & the gold sheep. It's taking a LOT of willpower to not buy gem vouchers for the squirrel right now lol

Kumomeme

A certain group of people were trying to frame Wuk Lamat haters as transphobic (because her VO is trans), but Japan doesn't like Wuk Lamat either, even though the Japanese VO does a 1000x better job. She doesn't even show up in the top 10 of an unofficial poll

As a reminder: Honey B Lovely has only been in the game for a few days and already beat Lamat in popularity :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Like I said in another post, I didn't hate Lamat, but I wasn't crazy about her either. I liked her attitude in the 6.5 quests a lot more, because in DT proper she's basically just a dumb Disney princess.
As for the VO, she did okay... until the final trial. How TF could anyone find this acceptable?

i see people already meme-ing Wuk Lamat in game and even in other place like reddit. some stuff i see over and over again on subreddit and in game :

"Wuk LMAO"

"pray return to to Wuk Lamat/LMAO"

"SPEEEEEN LISTEN TO ME"

and in Shb, we got "LAHEEE" meme in chat everytime we in Raktika Greatwood during hunt train but now? "SPEEEEEEN" on Living Memory.

honestly people not really hate Wuk Lamat. the character is actually 'good'. but people hate the over-exposure she is.

fun fact :

Wuk Lamat has 3 times more dialogue than other main important character. even the rest of Scion combined, it nowhere come close.

o8u10c4r4dad1.jpeg

i dare say other expansion's main character didnt receive same treatement. Aymeric, Hien, Graha'tia for example.

someone at reddit also count how many quest is about talking to her.

other user counted and claim it is actually 147.

this not count how many cutscene start with Wuk Lamat face first. i notice atleast half in Living Memory are like this. there is tons of dialogue not necessary must be talked by her but she again, respond to everything. at one point even gave order to us wuk LMAO.

half of the story is not all about her anymore and other character like Krile and Erenville should shine more, but nope. Wuk Lamat again.

and the last fight. she has no reason to be there. atleast make it in cutscene after the fight.

after the first trial she also suddenly become very powerfull despite just get carried by WoL and Scions. to the point WoL is unneeded. i get WoL supposed to be a 'spectator' but this way beyond that. can suddenly challenge guy like Zoraal Ja break out his regulator with no fuss and that feat during final fight? LMAO. even Estinien or Thancred cant do that.

Wuk Lamat basically star war's Rey of FF14.

and the way how devs obsessed with her and shove her to our throat over and over again feels like roman reign of FF14.

it also feels like the writer wrote the story and forget the rest of character exist particularly WoL and Scion and slip them in in the last minute. it feels like the devs should just instead delete WoL and let us play as Wuk Lamat instead.

the tendency of talk no jutsu also can be seem from Zero from post 6.X expansion.

i get this is first debut of this writer but im baffled Yoshi-P and Natsuko Ishikawa as story supervisor allow this mediocre pass.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Wuk Lamat is just Naruto. And they want you to know they will be Hokage and slow you down every step of the way.

Overall Dawntrail is a bad expansion. 22 hours of expository garbage and about on average 3-6 hours of actual game. The gamey bits are fun though.

Been having fun with the new Job Classes but it's pretty clear that outside of level cap they didn't playtest the leveling experience at all.

They hired on a Visual Novel writer for the story and it plays out like one.

Overall the writing is not good and seems to ignore all the characters and the lore leading up to this point. Only reason Scions exist is for Duty Support. Very sad.

What they have an offer doesn't live up to the usual standard of what to expect for FFXIV.

I'll end this with if you like Wuk Lamat then you'll like the story. But if you don't it's going to not be a good run for you.

If this is what the next decade of XIV is meant to entail then I think DT will be the last expansion I play.

Like I said a few weeks ago, I'm glad that this expansion is polarizing because it HOPEFULLY means that SE will actually take a look at criticism and improve the game instead of having the story distract from its shortcomings. For instance, DT finally exposed the rote quest design for many players (insert "Speak with Wuk Lamat yet again" memes here).... maybe they'll finally do something significant about it instead of just relying on gimmicks like the Follow/Sneak minigame.

Valonquar

My main complaint is how empty the zones feel. They made everywhere HUGE this expansion but it just feels very empty, especially the first new town. Sector 9 VERY MUCH needs to let you use mounts.

Just BLM, RDM and PCT left to go for all 100s. Got all trusts to 100, and only missing the TT card from Arcadion-M1. My retainers refuse to bring me the 3 rare minions. 120\500 towards squirrel.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Got the vanguard gear for my dragoon and then dyed it Dragoon Blue:

mRM6MyJ.jpeg

Ironically the Viera behind me was wearing the exact same color

Last edited:
Top Bottom