• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xux

Huh, so there's an image floating around of a "Scholar Unlocked" prompt in the same way the classes and jobs are unlocked.

Jijidasu

Huh, so there's an image floating around of a "Scholar Unlocked" prompt in the same way the classes and jobs are unlocked.

Well, let's see then!

Edit 2: Removed links as I'm not sure on the policy when posting things that have clearly been data mined. What I can say is it looks legit and the sources have confirmed that the image is a text overlay that is displayed in the same vein as when unlocking say, airships (a shot was provided of this too to confirm the similarity).

Teknoman

Well, let's see then!

Edit 2: Removed links as I'm not sure on the policy when posting things that have clearly been data mined. What I can say is it looks legit and the sources have confirmed that the image is a text overlay that is displayed in the same vein as when unlocking say, airships (a shot was provided of this too to confirm the similarity).

I dont think datamined stuff being posted on the forum is against NDA, unless you are in the beta. If you are, I wouldnt chance it.

Anyway, after listening...am I the only one who thinks the second theme sounds like a classic FF battle start up?

So anyone got some good game info sites to read up on while waiting for servers to come up? Last I played the game was in the original beta and don't want to jump into this cold.

Know it will probably just be all old information, but will still be intimidated just randomly allocating stats and what not, even if it is just a beta.

Teknoman

Another reminder for the server:

jIoq1H9pDNkWG.jpg

So anyone got some good game info sites to read up on while waiting for servers to come up? Last I played the game was in the original beta and don't want to jump into this cold.

Know it will probably just be all old information, but will still be intimidated just randomly allocating stats and what not, even if it is just a beta.

The best way to start IS cold this time. 1.0 was a different story given how weird the design was made over and compensated for, but it's a new day now. That's how/why they're remaking it. If you're that intimidated you can wait a few weeks for the guides and strats to start showing up. :p

Gamerscape and the rest were out of date and unreliable even when 1.0 was up and running. I couldn't in good conscience recommend that or any other site up right now.

Teknoman

I wouldnt worry about it to be honest, unless you just want to read up on classes/jobs or the story leading up to this point in Eorzea. Besides that, you'll have us.

That being said, I think there is also an auto allocate option?

Also can we post Alpha screens now, or is that still NDA?

EDIT: So glad they kept the boss battle music from 1.0, one of the best boss themes i've heard from the series in awhile.

The best way to start IS cold this time. 1.0 was a different story given how weird the design was made over and compensated for, but it's a new day now. That's how/why they're remaking it. If you're that intimidated you can wait a few weeks for the guides and strats to start showing up. :p

Well this is more for actual testing purposes, not straight up guides of what to do. Wanted to make sure I have some shit straight so I'm not using this as a "test drive" of the game, but so that I can provide accurate info while testing. Link you posted, even outdated, gives me some starting space. Thanks.

I wouldnt worry about it to be honest, unless you just want to read up on classes/jobs or the story leading up to this point in Eorzea. Besides that, you'll have us.

That being said, I think there is also an auto allocate option?

It is basically that, reading up on classes and jobs. With story I will be able to get over time, and isn't really important for the beta (am a lore nut so would rather find out during gameplay anyway), just want to make sure I get some bearings down. Auto allocate will do it's job then, just didn't want to go into battle thinking something was broken because I didn't put the proper amount of stats into something, like for accuracy.

Desi

Decided to watch all the old Gridania cutscenes and the main story as I only got to the last Gridania part. Holy shit it was all pretty much a Echo...

I've just been reading/watching videos from this BlueGartr thread; http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/113409-FFXIV-story-lore-thread

Forbiden

Snowing so hard right now. Kinda hoping everything is closed tomorrow so I can play the beta all day! :)

where are you located? here in east Kansas we are supposed to get anywhere between 6 an 14 inches by tomorrow so i'm probably gonna have to call in to work, giving me some extra time to play

notworksafe

where are you located? here in east Kansas we are supposed to get anywhere between 6 an 14 inches by tomorrow so i'm probably gonna have to call in to work, giving me some extra time to play
New Mexico. We won't get much snow compared to you, but it doesn't take much to shut us down.

Was gonna stream game play tomorrow but I forgot about NDA. :( Hopefully the restrictions get lifted for Phase 2 or 3.

New Mexico. We won't get much snow compared to you, but it doesn't take much to shut us down.

Was gonna stream game play tomorrow but I forgot about NDA. :( Hopefully the restrictions get lifted for Phase 2 or 3.

Lifted in phase 3 according to the road map.

Sure there will be tons of streams of people that don't know any better/don't care anyway though. Just the way these things go.

Edit: As a heads up, there is a new little bit to download on the beta client that just popped up in the last hour or so.

notworksafe

Makes sense I guess, that's when it will be most complete.

I was big into leaking info/video from the 1.0 alpha but now I value my account too much haha.

Makes sense I guess, that's when it will be most complete.

I was big into leaking info/video from the 1.0 alpha but now I value my account too much haha.

I leaked a bit of video myself.. but I took a lot of care to edit my name out and kept it unlisted.

Only shared with guildmates from TERA and friends I was trying to convince to try FF XIV again after being burned by 1.0

Teknoman

I leaked a bit of video myself.. but I took a lot of care to edit my name out and kept it unlisted.

Only shared with guildmates from TERA and friends I was trying to convince to try FF XIV again after being burned by 1.0

Speaking of which, are you in the GAF Tera guild...and has that gone full f2p yet? Wanted to give that a shot since i've got a new video card.

GW2 and SWTOR kinda burned me. GW2 was cool...but the story/battles just didnt seem all that gripping for me.

...and has that gone full f2p yet?

Not the guy you asked, but yeah, it is. Game was really fun while leveling, and soloing big monsters, but really lost steam at the end. All to really do at a certain point is pvp, and not all that into that. Was sad because of how much I was enjoying the game.

It going f2p killed any desire to see future stuff though, not that you asked.

Anyone else find it hard to read though the official beta forums? Got to make sure to post feedback and bugs there or the only ones doing it will be the people with terrible ideas that are already there.

Teknoman

Anyone else find it hard to read though the official beta forums? Got to make sure to post feedback and bugs there or the only ones doing it will be the people with terrible ideas that are already there.

Always.

Oh and we're just using friends lists for now.

ebil

There is a LOT more people around than during Alpha, so the forums have already gotten way past Lodestone's levels of er... Scariness. The community reps seem to do a pretty good job at filtering the good from the ugly for the most part though, so I wouldn't be too afraid about that!

There is a LOT more people around than during Alpha, so the forums have already gotten way past Lodestone's levels of er... Scariness. The community reps seem to do a pretty good job at filtering the good from the ugly for the most part though, so I wouldn't be too afraid about that!

Just hard to imagine a lot of worthwhile feedback when half the threads on the forum now are variations of "why was my Guild Linkshell thread deleted" and "Japanese voices please", unless other people step up. I mean, hell, nether of those things mater in this phase anyway.

Or maybe I'm just spending too much time there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom