• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

All servers are open to people from all over the world, but there will the servers will be located in multiple countries so people can try to pick one closer to them.

Good, in 1.0 the response times from Europe to the servers was pretty terrible, especially with position based combat.

Skyler

Unconfirmed Member
Adore all the new tracks (especially 27) and I'm really pleased with all the old ones they've kept, too.

I have to say its pretty amazing how many people are popping out of the woodwork just for the beta tracks.

Seems somebody blew the chocobo whistle.

8504676618_92b498cbd7_o.gif

Ravidrath

Good, in 1.0 the response times from Europe to the servers was pretty terrible, especially with position based combat.

2.0 shouldn't have problems as bad as 1.0, even with international delays. The whole 1.0 engine was more the problem than the server location.

You'll have more fun playing with GAF!

Adama

I think beta servers are still located in Japan. But actual servers should be regional based.

I have to say its pretty amazing how many people are popping out of the woodwork just for the beta tracks.

Yep, I'm one of them coming out of the woodwork. I played some 1.0 but not on the GAF server. I plan to fix that for 2.0. ;p

BLCKATK

Soundtrack is sounding really great right now. This is getting me even more pumped for the game!

By the way, thank you Kagari for the great interview. It was very informative.

Jijidasu

Oh wow, they kept dewdrops and moonbeams. 37, I think is another fantastic track. Soken is really great.

Any guesses as to what 58 is? It's as long as a city theme but we've heard them all?

Jijidasu

Actually, I think 58 is Limsa. I must have thought I heard it before but it was only a tiny track. It's got that little medley in it that sounds awesome. Wee.

Jijidasu

26 sounds like some of the limsa preview music, too.

I don't know how much we can talk about but I think it was even in the preview videos and so on, but outside of the cities as you approach the first landmark areas there's a very small introduction tune that plays. I'm pretty sure that's what that opening song is from the preview Soken made.

I don't know how much we can talk about but I think it was even in the preview videos and so on, but outside of the cities as you approach the first landmark areas there's a very small introduction tune that plays. I'm pretty sure that's what that opening song is from the preview Soken made.

We'll have to find out when they actually let us into Limsa :)

Jijidasu

So whos all staying up to play tonight?

What time does it start for the US? It'll only be 8PM for me.

Edit: 37 seems to have Thanalan vibes. Lovely. Man this OST is honestly some of the best music I've heard for a game in quite a while. Bravely Default was at that spot until this morning.

Actually, I think 58 is Limsa. I must have thought I heard it before but it was only a tiny track. It's got that little medley in it that sounds awesome. Wee.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure 58 is Limsa, and 25 & 26 are la Noscea themes. Both of them appeared in the last Tour video, and 58 was at the end of the "Limsa medley" from the other day.

desu

Well the current client already has all the music/icons/maps/models for most if not all the world in it :).

Jijidasu

Well the current client already has all the music/icons/maps/models for most if not all the world in it :).

There are icons showing the customisation options out too. A lot of the hair is being mixed and match - some are even going cross gender (works well in some cases, others are just..)

Hyuran face shapes have changed a bit and they don't look so silly anymore (Yes!). New hairstyles outside of the new races haven't been implemented yet but I'm sure Yoshida said that's coming in P3.

Edit: Desu, got any links for the other files? Maps in particular

desu

Also coerthas and mordhona? °.°

Yes

There are icons showing the customisation options out too. A lot of the hair is being mixed and match - some are even going cross gender (works well in some cases, others are just..)

Edit: Desu, got any links for the other files? Maps in particular

Maps are not there in one part, there a hundreds of tiles of small map parts, mixed with thousands of similiar looking parts, from what I heard.

Arksy

Hey, I'm in the test as I'm a legacy member but I'm not quite sure how to download the client...Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom