• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttons

Thanks for the awesome interview. :D And thank you for asking my questions. I just hope I read it wrong and he meant he won't add vanity slots to the beta and not that we won't see them till 6 months after release.

Jinko

Music reminds me of Alpha heh, could be interesting to see how nostalgic listening to this is in years to come.

Thanks for the awesome interview. :D And thank you for asking my questions. I just hope I read it wrong and he meant he won't add vanity slots to the beta and not that we won't see them till 6 months after release.

Don't think you did :(

Regarding the vanity minion pets: think we'll see them go the Blizzard route and offer preorder/pack promotions w/ their other games, say: preorder/buy Dragon Quest get a Slime minion for XIV?

Regarding the vanity minion pets: think we'll see them go the Blizzard route and offer preorder/pack promotions w/ their other games, say: preorder/buy Dragon Quest get a Slime minion for XIV?

I only hope they don't go the blizzard route and allow people to just directly buy them. Keep that stuff related to in game content instead of just doing part of the work and selling it.

Akuosa

Thanks a lot for the PMs :)

About the minions, I just hope they're all obtainable in-game, I just don't want microtransactions, even if they're just vanity ones...

Thanks a lot for the PMs :)

About the minions, I just hope they're all obtainable in-game, I just don't want microtransactions, even if they're just vanity ones...

Feel the same way. Always rather that they make in game ways for getting everything, even vanity items. From crafting, to finding special vendor npcs or holiday events. It is an immersion issue for me.

ebil

Yeah truly beautiful.

Dunno why that is so long and the uldah one is so short (no love for uldah lol)... maybe still work in progress?
Gridania's theme is fairly long too, so I think Uldah's might be work in progress, yeah (but it's promising).

Munba

Gridania's theme is fairly long too, so I think Uldah's might be work in progress, yeah (but it's promising).

Unless the limsa one is divided in different tracks. The piece that starts at minute 2.29 could be the track used for the night time (very suitable for it).

zeox

patched up and ready to go! having never played any of the online FF's before, I'm pretty stoked. What jobs are people going for here?

elyetis

I just hope I read it wrong and he meant he won't add vanity slots to the beta and not that we won't see them till 6 months after release.
I'm fairly afraid you didn't read it wrong... must say i would be quite disapointed if true, i definitly thought something like that would be there for the release or at the very least with the first patch ( ~2month... ) like housing.

Alright I'm usually not _that_ much interested in experiencing a soundtrack that badly but all the responses here make me really curious, could I get a PM too please? :)

EDIT: Thanks!

If someone ends up with a moment I would like a PM as well, thanks. Looking forward to checking out the beta even if the cynical side of me keeps reminding me that I have never liked any SE mmo.

The FF brand has such a hold on me that no matter how many times I end up disapointed I can't help but get excited for the next one.

Edit: Received thanks.

8504379412_68115436a2_o.gif

8504378476_e14d4a80c3_o.gif

8503268581_39b4c83744_o.gif

It's a good idea for people that received pms to edit their post to notified that they did so they don't keep getting flooded with new ones.

bardia

Which track is the Uldah theme? I'm really digging track 37, overall the soundtrack sounds fantastic. Although I do think I prefer the ver1.0 limsa theme to the 2.0 one.

LTWheels

Have they said were the serves are physically located this time? Are they all still going to be in Japan or spread out around the world now?

kiryogi

Banned
Have they said were the serves are physically located this time? Are they all still going to be in Japan or spread out around the world now?

I think beta servers are still located in Japan. But actual servers should be regional based.

I have to say its pretty amazing how many people are popping out of the woodwork just for the beta tracks.

Ravidrath

All servers are open to people from all over the world, but there will the servers will be located in multiple countries so people can try to pick one closer to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom