• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any other place to download the beta from? I can't get into the beta forums:(... Already registered my beta code and all...

EDIT: Managed to find a direct link to the file:)

Hmmm, it keeps giving me this message when I try to log in guys: Due to ongoing maintenance, this page is currently unavailable. Please try again later.

It just downloaded a small 5mb file, though. Anybody else having this issue?

Tabris

I haven't kept up on this game, so I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions. All of these questions are using the base of FFXI as my foundation.

I no longer have time for the time sink requirements a game like FFXI had, so my decision to play would be based on this:

1) How solo friendly is this game?
2) How "short play time burst" friendly is this game?

I no longer own a PC, so I would be worried about the following:

1) Any release dates announced for PS3 or PS4?
2) Would I be at a disadvantage on PS3 over PC? With FFXI, players on PS2 and 360 were severely handicapped vs PC players due to equipment swaps / advanced macro'ing / notifications. I wouldn't want to play on PS3/PS4 if that was the same (I'm hoping the built-in GUI and controls are better than FFXI was)

Babalu.

spent about 20 minutes creating a character and when I was finished it says cant connect to server and i just lost everything... and cant login anymore...

nice.

Teknoman

I haven't kept up on this game, so I was hoping you could answer a couple of questions. All of these questions are using the base of FFXI as my foundation.

I no longer have time for the time sink requirements a game like FFXI had, so my decision to play would be based on this:

1) How solo friendly is this game?
2) How "short play time burst" friendly is this game?

I no longer own a PC, so I would be worried about the following:

1) Any release dates announced for PS3 or PS4?
2) Would I be at a disadvantage on PS3 over PC? With FFXI, players on PS2 and 360 were severely handicapped vs PC players due to equipment swaps / advanced macro'ing / notifications. I wouldn't want to play on PS3/PS4 if that was the same (I'm hoping the built-in GUI and controls are better than FFXI was)

The answer to the first two questions are "very".

No real advantages between PC and console are know yet aside from performance and graphic quality.

EDIT: Square Time strikes again. Gonna go to sleep and wake up early.

Fox the Sly

This was kinda funny, especially since I should be in bed right now for work anyway. SE did me a favor. :p

Edit: I'd like a PM for the music too please. :)

Squalltdx

Can someone pass along a pm for the music please, thx in advance.

edit - Hmm, strange. Not sure what I downloaded but it's not anything I can play. Anyone else having any issues with it?

edit 2 - nvm, found out what the issue was

rbrogue

So just a heads up.. about 10 minutes after I got in there was a notice that a critical error was found and the beta was being suspended and advised everyone to log out as soon as possible. They probably disabled the ability to log in after that.

So just a heads up.. about 10 minutes after I got in there was a notice that a critical error was found and the beta was being suspended and advised everyone to log out as soon as possible. They probably disabled the ability to log in after that.

Yeah decided to log off when saw it. People in chat were talking about just ignoring it. Got friends who say they are still playing, with one saying he was kicked. Don't know what is up, but would be really odd if they don't have a way to just boot people from the servers with no harm done.

yeah, logged out to catch some zzz's. hope i don't have to redo those completed quests again.

Be a good time to test of there is a way to skip the cut scenes.

Edit: By the by. Anyone find a way to disable backpedaling, that wasn't that camera focused mode? Don't like how the camara turns when strafing in it. Want to make sure there isn't a way before post on suggestions. Same thing with an in game fps display.

Jinko

Found a FATE event before I logged off, things died faster than you could target them which was disappointing, also there was no sense of teamwork, didn't auto party you etc.

I actually have a bit of an issue with conjurers being so slow you can't tag a target fast enough, really shitty in over populated area's.

The jp twitter account has some info about the problem. Rumor is that it is related to people giving away extra beta keys, but that is unconfirmed. Oh well.

Jinko

The jp twitter account has some info about the problem. Rumor is that it is related to people giving away extra beta keys, but that is unconfirmed. Oh well.

I hear its to do with a glitch allowing people to logging in to other peoples accounts.

8506968172_65f594cd40_o.png

I hear its to do with a glitch allowing people to logging in to other peoples accounts.

Some people are reporting that they had a popup about which account to log into after already being logged in. Others are inferring from that and some of the people mentioning that they were using someone else's extra key that it has something to do with that.

Like I said, unconfirmed either way though.

Spazznid

Yeah decided to log off when saw it. People in chat were talking about just ignoring it. Got friends who say they are still playing, with one saying he was kicked. Don't know what is up, but would be really odd if they don't have a way to just boot people from the servers with no harm done.

Be a good time to test of there is a way to skip the cut scenes.

Edit: By the by. Anyone find a way to disable backpedaling, that wasn't that camera focused mode? Don't like how the camara turns when strafing in it. Want to make sure there isn't a way before post on suggestions. Same thing with an in game fps display.

There are two camera modes. Go to Configure and change it on the main Tab. I left it on, because the walking animations in general aren't quite as nice as in Original XIV. Maybe they'll fix it up later.

Talents

Banned
Strange question but how do you guys decide names for your characters? I'm having trouble coming up with both a first and second name...

There are two camera modes. Go to Configure and change it on the main Tab. I left it on, because the walking animations in general aren't quite as nice as in Original XIV. Maybe they'll fix it up later.

Second camera mode that makes it so that you don't backpedal also makes you run in a circle when you strafe sideways.

Yeah, I'm on now and there's a ton of people on. The message just popped up saying they're gonna keep investigating the account linking though.

If you're on, what's everybody's name?

Jinko

Yay I somehow created my character on Moogle (even though I'm sure I selected Tonberry) and now they closed all the servers from new entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom