• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT2| ARR: Phase 4 August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinko

Managed to re-make my 1.0 character again, looks pretty good.

Made a cute little lala female also, character creation is basically a game in itself.

Ricker

Ok,World is always full(its freakin 8 in the morning,really?)but I managed to finally squeeze in,I take about 5 minutes to make my character,looks nice and all,I press confirm at the end and I get the World is full again...will my guy be there at least once I squeeze in again?...nice start.

EDIT: and he is not...when you get in at the character creation screen,you should not get the message that the world is full again...well thats one for the beta forums lol...

BLCKATK

Aw man, woke up early before class to give this a whirl. Shoulda expected this though, it is beta after all. Back to bed!

Zalasta

It's evening in Japan, I imagine in another few hours the servers would hopefully not be so crowded. And if previous tests were any indication, they may extend the time to make up for all of the outages and emergency maintanences they had to do.

My only bummer with the UI, as a Taru, is that when I zoom in all the way, it doesn't go into any kind of portrait view. This would be nice since I'm a Taru and I'll rarely get to see all of my armor/features.

The UI config screen is a must have for any game that comes out after this one. In fact, it is so brilliant that I had to stop the game and contemplate my entire life before looking at the screen again.

Yeah, the servers are packed. I'm very impressed with the engine tho.

This, so much! On high everything 1080p, I'm hovering around 60fps when the same PC struggled for half of that in FFXIV Launch. PC friendly movement that we see in other games is nice.

Sophia

This, so much! On high everything 1080p, I'm hovering around 60fps when the same PC struggled for half of that in FFXIV Launch. PC friendly movement that we see in other games is nice.

I was running 1080p Max borderless window, and the performance was still acceptable even with like 30+ players on screen. Very very impressive considering my craptastic hardware.

Ricker

I thought the beta was just for North America,well the server we are on anyway...so thats why,again managed to squeeze in and didnt waste time on the character creation lol but still didnt make it in time to get in the game...

Speaking of which, are you in the GAF Tera guild...and has that gone full f2p yet? Wanted to give that a shot since i've got a new video card.

GW2 and SWTOR kinda burned me. GW2 was cool...but the story/battles just didnt seem all that gripping for me.

TERA is completely F2P now and uses a really good nonrestrictive model similar to GW2. The cash shop is primarily cosmetics and convenience boosters. I updated the OT with all the new information:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471756

There doesn't seem to be many GAF members left on the GAF PVE guild side and the guild isn't very open to casual players and non-level 60s. They recently shifted the guild to a more hardcore focus. If you decide to give the game a shot, check out the GAF PVP guild at http://tera-believe.guildlaunch.com. The site is fairly new so not everyone is registered yet but we have picked up a lot of new members lately (GAF and non-GAF) and Mumble has been pretty active. I would say that about 60-70% of our current active players are actually GAF.

If you're not really into PVP you can always level on different channels but there is no guarantee you aren't going to get into any fights. If asked, we will save our lower level members or revenge kill for them. :)

Open world PVP and high level ganking isn't nearly as active as it used to be now that Battlegrounds exists. Just roll on Mount Tyrannas. Besides, even the GAF PVE guild on Tempest Reach will be involved in PVP often because they always run for Vanarch via Guild Vs Guild combat and there is a new update coming that will introduce Consul politics utilizing faction based PVP and that is what they are currently aiming for.

P.S. No offense to NeOak but I have played with some of the GAF PVE members in Battlegrounds (there is cross-server matching) and found some of them (non GAF) to be douchebags.

You should hop on mumble.

Is there a separate one that the old/current FFXIV guild uses or do we just use the public GAF Mumble server?

Tonberry is full right now. =/

Nooooo... maybe we should pick an alternate? It sounds like everything is getting full so not sure what I'm going to do since I'm not going to be able to play this for another 8 hours or so. Stupid work.

Jarnet87

Was going to wait for Phase 3 but ended up getting in. At work now but hopefully servers will be a little less packed when I get home to test it.

Darryl

Banned
Found a FATE event before I logged off, things died faster than you could target them which was disappointing, also there was no sense of teamwork, didn't auto party you etc.

I actually have a bit of an issue with conjurers being so slow you can't tag a target fast enough, really shitty in over populated area's.

that sounds awful. i hope other FATE events aren't like this.

Sophia

that sounds awful. i hope other FATE events aren't like this.

Ignore it for now. Most FATE events aren't tuned for the amount of players there are at the moment. I don't think they were meant to be rushed by half the damn server.

Ainaurdur

No. The servers are overloaded, just keep trying.

Indeed. I tried to make a character before coming in to work but kept getting that error. There is a post on the beta forums explaining it. The answer really is basically keep trying every few minutes.

I did get to see the creator before I left home, but I did not have time left to actually make a character. Hopefully I will be able to get on this afternoon.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
What server is everyone on?

Edit: Can't enter Tonberry. I don't supose I can wait until it light up again, can I?

Edit Edit: Apparently you have to go all the way back to the start page and then back into character creator to get the servers to refresh. But you can spam though a quick character and select your server, then go back and make your character it seem.

Babalu.

ya got into character select after awhile and made an awesome character, then chocobo said it was the only server not full and when I clicked it it threw me back out and now I have nothing.

lame

Tc91

ya got into character select after awhile and made an awesome character, then chocobo said it was the only server not full and when I clicked it it threw me back out and now I have nothing.

lame

Same here. 2 times now :( Gonna go play Red Dead for the first time and try a bit later.

Lucis

OMG
Gonna try more after work, however I am very happy with the first 15 min of what I saw.

no resolution higher than the bench mark offered though =(

Darryl

Banned
Ignore it for now. Most FATE events aren't tuned for the amount of players there are at the moment. I don't think they were meant to be rushed by half the damn server.

i got to try one out with a smaller group of people and it was still very boring. still hopeful, but i prefer NMs so much more from what i've seen so far. they do make the worlds seem lively, though. that's cool, just not a whole lot of fun.

i got to try one out with a smaller group of people and it was still very boring. still hopeful, but i prefer NMs so much more from what i've seen so far. they do make the worlds seem lively, though. that's cool, just not a whole lot of fun.

Will the game let you solo a FATE event? I'm not entirely sure what a FATE event is :)

burgerdog

1.0s Beta soured me so much that I never even bothered with the release, so with that said, I am absolutely loving ARRs beta.

Midou

I played alpha then only checked out beta when I saw invite email, but I never looked much into what was going to be tested with each one. I thought when they allowed all races, it would have opened up all classes too, or at least ones different from the beta...

Is there a road map for when content will be allowed throughout the beta, or are they leaving the rest of the content for like open beta?

Sophia

I played alpha then only checked out beta when I saw invite email, but I never looked much into what was going to be tested with each one. I thought when they allowed all races, it would have opened up all classes too, or at least ones different from the beta...

Is there a road map for when content will be allowed throughout the beta, or are they leaving the rest of the content for like open beta?

Roadmap

Almost completely forgot that I could download the beta before it went live.
Got that started before leaving for work.
Unfortunately, now I have to wait another 8 hours before I can play...

Midou

Ah right, I remember glancing over this before. Though it seems to only talk about races and genders, and not class availability. Though it does mention when other towns open. Guess I will try out each phase and see if I can contribute anything to bug reports.

Almost completely forgot that I could download the beta before it went live.
Got that started before leaving for work.
Unfortunately, now I have to wait another 8 hours before I can play...

Same boat since I'm stuck at work for another 5-6 hours. Maybe it's for the best since they are still sorting through some issues right now.

Ah right, I remember glancing over this before. Though it seems to only talk about races and genders, and not class availability. Though it does mention when other towns open. Guess I will try out each phase and see if I can contribute anything to bug reports.

In FFXIV: ARR, starting city is based on the class that you choose. Classes are restricted due to Gridania being the only area open for testing during phase 1. One exception is Gladiator which will be available through a special NPC due to the availability of higher level dungeons that require more class specific roles to be utilized. In future phases as the other areas are opened, I imagine the classes for those areas (some or all) will be made available as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom